Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

On 6/29/2020 at 8:39 PM, 81611 said:

Anyone else order a 31, 31 OW?  Just curious about your height and your normal size in other brands/cuts. I may have jumped the gun and fucked up my chosen size.

I did, I'm 5,7 and 143

2 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***

despite the much bigger than expected numbers, Tcb should be able to respect the stated delivery time.
To do that they need to start production imminently.

IF ANY OF YOU GUYS IS CONSIDERING A SIZE CHANGE, YOU HAVE TO DO IT NOW AND TELL RYO.
Tcb wants to start cutting the fabric tomorrow.

anxious-gif.gif

EDIT: Changed to 86 as per the chart (Ryo said 43 across)

For any of you size 34's out there,

Ryo confirmed to me the actual waist measurement of the size 34 used for the promotion shots is indeed 86cm.

So that size, unless actual mass production changes it, should be correct as per the chart.

Edited by YossarianRaw

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I understand that.

I just wanted to know what this statement "made from pattern" really means and how it impacts the numbers. 

as far as my experience with 20s 50s 60s it doesn't impact at all

Hello beautiful people, if you wish to receive your jeans in time I invite you all to avoid stirring confusion.
Information provided is reliable, if you have trouble making a choice, just act privately.

giphy.gif

Edited by volvo240thebest

54 minutes ago, unders said:

Ha! I confess to being the first to do it, but this is going to result in a wave of sizing questions. I hope you’ve cleared your diary Volvo...

I basically spent June looking at those sizing charts and measuring things. I'm not going through all that again. I'm getting a 32 and when they come I'll either eat pie or sand bits off my body until they fit.

Hope it's pie 

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***

despite the much bigger than expected numbers, Tcb should be able to respect the stated delivery time.
To do that they need to start production imminently.

IF ANY OF YOU GUYS IS CONSIDERING A SIZE CHANGE, YOU HAVE TO DO IT NOW AND TELL RYO.
Tcb wants to start cutting the fabric tomorrow.

Did that yesterday when I realised these will sit on the widest part of ny belly! :P

3 hours ago, unders said:

Fellow contestants and Seamen’s owners, how have you sized versus your semens?

Same size? +1? -3!? 

I went the same as my seamens trouser and +1 from 20s and 50s

Edited by jigsaw

25 minutes ago, BrownMetallic said:

Bruce Lee, on sizing jawns:

DB841BAD-7063-44FE-BAF2-CD095907BC36.gif.9d68ac3def3ffa91e7a6829f03a2d28c.gif

Be water my friends ...”

Most excellent gif game my friend. Kudos for bearing the torch of giffology

[insert RobertRedfordapproval.gif]

1 hour ago, BrownMetallic said:

Bruce Lee, on sizing jawns:

DB841BAD-7063-44FE-BAF2-CD095907BC36.gif.9d68ac3def3ffa91e7a6829f03a2d28c.gif

Be water my friends ...”

100x100% this...

believe in your choices...

believe in the charts...

plus: "there is no purity, only struggle..." [to struggle to get them on, or to keep them up...]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

6 hours ago, unders said:

Fellow contestants and Seamen’s owners, how have you sized versus your semens?

Same size? +1? -3!? 

I went one up as per my 50s. The seamen's are sized larger and are 88,5 cm across in size 34 if I remember correctly compared to 86 in the 40's. Can't speak for other sizes though

Edited by Ar_thor

of course the stock S40s jeans will be available in the future. It'll take time though because the first batch of S40s denim is almost entirely gone with the contest edition version tux.
Tcb will have to order new fabric and then the S40s will become widely available for everyone, without lottery pocket bags and with a different leather patch.

I got the one wash, and I added a few extra centimeters to my usual inseam in case of additional shrinkage. I noticed that the one wash shrank 7.5 centimeters, but every unsanforized pair I’ve had shrank roughly  8.8-10.2 centimeters after a hot wash and run through the dryer. If I’m wrong and it’s at max shrinkage, I’ll just double cuff.

Edited by Dan_F

10 minutes ago, Dan_F said:

I got the one wash, and I added a few extra centimeters to my usual inseam in case of additional shrinkage. I noticed that the one wash shrank 7.5 centimeters, but every unsanforized pair I’ve had shrank roughly  8.8-10.2 centimeters after a hot wash and run through the dryer. If I’m wrong and it’s at max shrinkage, I’ll just double cuff.

every fabric has its own shrink ratio % so it can vary a lot.

@lemmiwinks Depending on the size breakdown & how the cutting markers are laid out, I’m thinking,  there will be some extra cuts ... highly improbable that the yield will be exactly 190 units, considering they’re cutting multi-size grades.  
As for what sizes are going to be available, they won’t know til actual cutting.  Ask if u can be on a shortlist ... nothing to lose.

Edited by BrownMetallic

8 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

I'm excited and I'm not even wearing the pair I bought!

next level. Is the wife cool with sizing choice? :D:D:D:D:D
is she going for no cuff, double cuff, triple cuff, double folded cuff?
Washing strategy already planned?
Some Japanese guys are going to use starch to indrease contrast at the beginning, it'll be cool to see the JP wash voodoos