Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

@lefty That is so BiG x FC x SuFu ... w/the 1108s & 0105s :biggrin::laugh2:

I think we have a more mature mix this time around who’ve had their share of the denimlife .... w/c are more concerned with personal fit & comfort over forum steez :ph34r:

Edited by BrownMetallic

Its some hobby where there's a good chance of getting something wrong because of whether it'll fit - something that's pretty pricey too... None of my mates get it

But somehow its essential to it all - probably as it needs some reading up and work on our part to find out for ourselves.

Cant think of 1 pair of jeans I've bought where I reckoned id got just the right size for what I was going for...

But they've almost all worked out fine - luckily they're not the sort of thing that you need so exact a fit.

I'm hoping for the WW2's to have them quite short with double turn up - we'll see if the shrink/rise etc comes out that way:unsure::smile:.

Now for the wait.....

But somehow it
I can’t think of 1 pair of jeans Ive bought that I reckon I got just the right size for what I was going for.. 
But they’ve almost all worked out fine : luckily they’re not the type of clothes that have an exact fit.

hobby where there’s a strong possibilty of getting something that’s pretty pricey wrong because of whether it’ll fit. None of my mates quite get it…

But somehow its an essential part of it all - maybe as it needs a bit of work and attention on our part to read a bit and find out for ourselves

I can’t think of 1 pair of jeans Ive bought that I reckon I got just the right size for what I was going for.. 
But they’ve almost all worked out fine : luckily they’re not the type of clothes that have an exact fit.

Here's hoping the next few weeks go by fast! Can't wait to get these in hand...

As far as sizing, I've said 'screw it' and always up size when in doubt. Nothing that can't be fixed by a shorter hem and cuffs, if you're into that look! (I am, and it seems @Qube is as well) Hence my 38x26 :laugh:

1 hour ago, aho said:

As far as sizing, I've said 'screw it' and always up size when in doubt. Nothing that can't be fixed by a shorter hem and cuffs, if you're into that look! (I am, and it seems @Qube is as well) Hence my 38x26 :laugh:

100% this! too small is impossible to wear, too big just adds volume... shortened legs dissipate any bulkiness of that volume... looking forward to the fit pix if they come... shortest inseam of the comp...

6 hours ago, Docxm said:

is there anyway to still join? I’m an idiot and didn’t register in time.

&

4 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

^ Same... didn't check the thread. would love to sign up. Participating from Hong Kong... The link doesn't seem to work.

pretty sure they said they were going to be strict with the cut off this time ... looks like the link was taken down at the stroke of 23.59 Japan time ...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

And now we have around 6-7 weeks of silence until the jeans arrive. If all works out, I will get them as a birthday present to myself :D

Same, and thank you for providing me with an excuse to my wife when they do show up. 

1 hour ago, aho said:

As far as sizing, I've said 'screw it' and always up size when in doubt.

Been thinking about sizing the last 48hs, but I'm pretty confident that my optimistic approach will be okay. I've been furloughed for a couple of months now and really dedicated myself to long hikes and workouts (luckily no leg days, since I find that so boring) so I fit 29 comfortably again and ordered a size 30. Now I just have to stick to culinary moderation for the next couple of months... :wink:

6 hours ago, Docxm said:

is there anyway to still join? I’m an idiot and didn’t register in time.

4 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

^ Same... didn't check the thread. would love to sign up. Participating from Hong Kong... The link doesn't seem to work.

sorry guys, I confirm that preorders are closed :(

I have received another update from Ryo re Jp participants numbers, which changes the numbers here
total JP 65
total sufu 125
GRAND TOTAL 190

I think this is the second ever biggest single brand contest, only one bigger was WHXBIGXSUFU in 2007

I really hope we will be able to keep track of the Japanese participants in some way.

Edited by volvo240thebest

43 minutes ago, mandel9000 said:

Been thinking about sizing the last 48hs, but I'm pretty confident that my optimistic approach will be okay. I've been furloughed for a couple of months now and really dedicated myself to long hikes and workouts (luckily no leg days, since I find that so boring) so I fit 29 comfortably again and ordered a size 30. Now I just have to stick to culinary moderation for the next couple of months... :wink:

Furlough club! Through end of October for me; Plenty of time for denim breaking in haha

2 minutes ago, Capsicum Fried Meat said:

Does the total number of japan contestants include several ppl registered here on sufu? If so, the total sufu number should be deducted.

I have already asked confirmation but it shouldn't include Karl, Senpai, Yabyoshi and Nayuta. Previous numbers communicated by Ryo didn't keep them in the count, so this should be final now.

56 minutes ago, mandel9000 said:

That sounds like an ideal way to handle this situation, for me it’s been the opposite tho :D Found myself on a weight scale for the first time in ages today and it turns out that I’m 7-8kg more than I thought.. Still think that a 36 is the correct size for me but I need to study the jacket sizing closely, might change it to a 46. Especially since most of my corona kilos seem to have gathered on my gut...

32 minutes ago, Capsicum Fried Meat said:

Does the total number of japan contestants include several ppl registered here on sufu? If so, the total sufu number should be deducted.

so Ryo confirmed. 190 is the final number.

*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***

despite the much bigger than expected numbers, Tcb should be able to respect the stated delivery time.
To do that they need to start production imminently.

IF ANY OF YOU GUYS IS CONSIDERING A SIZE CHANGE, YOU HAVE TO DO IT NOW AND TELL RYO.
Tcb wants to start cutting the fabric tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, unders said:

Fellow contestants and Seamen’s owners, how have you sized versus your semens?

Same size? +1? -3!? 

do you mean the jumper or the pants?
the seamen jumper fits looser than any other Tcb top. I have the same size as the 30s 50s and 60s jacket, but could have sized down from 42 to 40 easlily, especially since it's a very light jacket that doesnt work work too well as a fall/winter layer. I would definitely buy the usual size for the trouser. Same size as the 50s and 60s, W36.

3 hours ago, aho said:

I’m in on the 26 leg 

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@volvo240thebest with this pressure of correcting orders: what impact has the "measurements made from pattern" on the sizing/final product?

ok... all sizing charts tcb provided over the course of the last 8 years are done with "measurements made from pattern".
My post was meant because Ryo is getting several messages today by peeps having second thoughts on sizing.
It has nothing to do with Tcb having second thoughts on the chart.

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

This is when i plan on making my move :ph34r:

Too right. Everyone knows unworn mis-sized contest jeans have a depreciation rate of 50%, this increases for the one-wash version and those hemmed on the short side. :laugh2: