Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

8 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

^ How many of those do you think will continue to post regularly?

How many of those do you think are in it to win it?

Let me get my crystal ball out...

Honestly, I have no idea. Hopefully all of them, however, if half of them drop off then there'll still be a good number of people posting and taking part. 

I'll be happy to win but realistically that's not why I'm taking part. 
Have you seen how @PaulT and @aho fade TCB's!? ;) Not to mention most of the other people that have entered. 

21 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Edited by Lori13

Outside of people who do hard larbor, I think I could smoke pretty much anyone in a contest if I really put my mind to it.

I wear one pair exclusively at the time and between bike commutes and double-toddler duty there's really great opportunity for fading.

(Way too little smack talk thus far gentlemen)

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

More than the Warehouse contest for sure ;)

Shhh, my master plan is to convince everyone to hop on this contest so that I can secure first place over there for myself

3 minutes ago, YossarianRaw said:

Outside of people who do hard larbor, I think I could smoke pretty much anyone in a contest if I really put my mind to it.

I wear one pair exclusively at the time and between bike commutes and double-toddler duty there's really great opportunity for fading.

(Way too little smack talk thus far gentlemen)

tenor.gif

*correction: way too little smack talk thus far ladies and gentlemen

Cheers @UkeNo and @bartlebyyphonics for the fit suggestions and not to mention @volvo240thebest for all the hard work putting it together! In it to win it for sure but I wore the TCB60’s for the last iteration of DWC in a W31 and was struggling with the fit at all times. They’re huge on me. Measured them before making the order Of the WW2 and they’re 32 and 1/4!

I've tried on the 50’s OW in 30 and they where quite snug but as I want the waist to sit over my hips I think I’m ok? Maybe my 60’s where made on the larger side of the tolerance though?

Here are my 60’s after the DWC:

B398060F-E3F0-4FB3-96C1-8DA8DA009A61.jpeg

2B0E57A4-2BBD-471C-B908-D30AF3526B75.jpeg

24 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

Let me get my crystal ball out...

Honestly, I have no idea. Hopefully all of them, however, if half of them drop off then there'll still be a good number of people posting and taking part. 

I'll be happy to win but realistically that's not why I'm taking part. 
Have you seen how @PaulT and @aho fade TCB's!? ;) Not to mention most of the other people that have entered. 

I have won the first unforgettable tcb contest and deserve a mention here you heathen!
Paul T is old and semi retired.
Aho doesn't fade jeans, he just washes them.

I am mosdef in and motivated to get the crown back to the land of bunga bunga, where it belongs
I have lost temper in the 20s contest because a shift from intensive touring to less touring and much more home desk job made me lose faith in my powers. But now I have discovered gardening and the wonders it can do and I am resolute to weed whack the hell out those pants.

space cat power

_DSC5748.thumb.JPG.e5fbe4def8d57ce84258ccbad733471d.JPG

32 minutes ago, RunMountainDrew said:

This is why I could never be a model.  You put on a little quarantine weight - totally understandable, many people have - only to have the fact blasted to an international audience.  Poor guy! :biggrin:

lol: I did not mean for any more fat shaming; put me in the sin bin... 

was only thinking of the fact that it looks like one might be able to size up a little in s40s compared to TCB20s for comfort whilst not getting too much hip flare / belt sag ...  a thought shared for those on the borderline... (ie I sized up in the 20s allowing for cinching and such, but would want a trimmer 40s shape... but am now too tubby to wear 36 50s anymore, thus... looks like s40 at 38 is my destiny)

my covid weight will be proudly bulging atop of my pair, slowly dissipating through the contest if ever let out of the house again...

51 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

... it looks (from Ryo's comment above) that a 36 tcb s40s is a comparable shape to a 34 tcb 20s?

So I asked Ryo with my measurements and size what size I should go for comparing to the 20s because that’s the only jeans I have from tcb. He recommended the same size(33), and they both measure the same at the waist. 

about posting here and winning - I signed in because of the contest but I’m really enjoying the content and community so far. I’d have bought the 40s regardless of the contest, but a contest is always cool. 

as for some contest smack talk - 

I’ll just add that these happened in 18 months of rotation with 4-5 other pairs of jeans/trousers, and no contest, so just imagine what it’ll be like with a contest. 

DCBF8F43-99B9-4039-89D9-1F42EE56F455.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

So I asked Ryo with my measurements and size what size I should go for comparing to the 20s because that’s the only jeans I have from tcb. He recommended the same size(33), and they both measure the same at the waist. 

about posting here and winning - I signed in because of the contest but I’m really enjoying the content and community so far. I’d have bought the 40s regardless of the contest, but a contest is always cool. 

as for some contest smack talk - 

I’ll just add that these happened in 18 months of rotation with 4-5 other pairs of jeans/trousers, and no contest, so just imagine what it’ll be like with a contest. 

DCBF8F43-99B9-4039-89D9-1F42EE56F455.jpeg

Omri?

I'm going back and forth on going no cuffs. 

31 seems to be a good length for my 517s ( pretty much same hem opening) for No break with pecos and engineer boots. Its just a so final - compared with getting cuffs. 

who else is going no cuffs? @ecsong187 and who else?

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

who knows? it is best to think that one might be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed...

looking forward to what may come...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

5 minutes ago, erk said:

who else is going no cuffs? @ecsong187 and who else?

thinking of going for l.30 on a one wash - which will end up, with regular-ish washing, probably going down to a 29, but with the extra rise this might level out to a 29.5/30? this gives possibility of going to a no cuff length or just a small cuff but hopefully not just a high water mark flag... if was more brazen would get hemmed to 29... but giving myself leeway...

& I think @aho went for l.26?!!! 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

The only contest I failed to finish was the Eternal X BiG811xx ... that’s cuz I mis-sized.

‘Fun way to fade a pair is, to shred in a spirit of competition ... it’s like going to the gym ... a contest is equivalent to a denimgym.

As for winning ... 

CF51D530-498A-4F10-8A1F-B371B8E2F114.gif

@erk Plan is for slight single cuffs, initially ... then no cuffing once shrinkage is done ... wishfully @31”

Edited by BrownMetallic

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

More than the Warehouse contest for sure ;)

Hey BF,  as the official German data geek of sufu I think you may have historical memory of all contests haha. Do you remember the biggest numbers of the golden age of sufu contests? 
we need a benchmark to make sure we surpass it.

By the way @Foxy2 is apparently going to join too! I had to give him a wee nudge via whapp to wake him from denim lethargy :D

44 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I have won the first unforgettable tcb contest and deserve a mention here you heathen!
Paul T is old and semi retired.
Aho doesn't fade jeans, he just washes them.

I am mosdef in and motivated to get the crown back to the land of bunga bunga, where it belongs
I have lost temper in the 20s contest because a shift from intensive touring to less touring and much more home desk job made me lose faith in my powers. But now I have discovered gardening and the wonders it can do and I am resolute to weed whack the hell out those pants.

space cat power

_DSC5748.thumb.JPG.e5fbe4def8d57ce84258ccbad733471d.JPG

Lol. 
better back this shit up yo! ;)

not sure Italian garden fades are the future but I'm happy to see your fired up mate. 

im sure all-comers are trembling now :)

On 6/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, volvo240thebest said:

Participants list

1. volvo240thebest (Italy)
  2. Topgearskin (UK)
  3. Julian Wolf (USA)
  4. Tigerstrom (Sweden)
  5. Kylito (USA)
  6. Lazerr (USA)
  7. Broark (USA)
  8. Graytrain (USA)
  9. Ar Thor (Denmark)
  10. NycSurger (USA)
  11. Darren Barbera/mindfulbiscuit  (UK)
  12. bartlebyyphonics (UK)
  13. Brownmetallic (USA)
  14. PaulT (UK)
  15. Hopethisoneisnttaken (Israel)
  16. Mtvare (UK)
  17. tjandaputra (Sweden/Netherlands)
  18. Jared Lee (USA)
  19. Maharu (Sweden)
  20. Roomtemplacroix (USA)
  21. Corporalclegg (USA)
  22. Thanks_M8 (Germany)
  23. Erockisalive (USA)
  24. Ecsong187 (USA)
  25. Aho (USA)
  26. Momokun (Australia)
  27. Cottonskinblues (Canada)
  28. Erk (USA)
  29. Broark (USA)
  30. Least Weasel (USA)
  31. Andrew Rose (USA)
  32. Unders (UK)
  33. DoitsuJin (USA)
  34. Uncle Karl (Japan)
  35. Frost (Germany)
  36. Slab (Belgium)
  37. Edmond (Philippines)
  38. Justintk (USA)
  39. Yot (Indonesia)
  40. moimanuh (India)
  41. Mariano Vittori (Switzerland/Italy)
  42. RunMountainDrew (USA)
  43. Illcutz (UK)
  44. Facini (Denmark)
  45. garden gnomes in space (USA/Italy :D)
  46. srudy (USA)
  47. UkeNo (UK)
  48. MrCknNuggets (Japan/Canada)
  49. kameisenpai (Japan)
  50. Hermit (USA)
  51. JDelage (France/USA)
  52. Collin (Switzerland)
  53. Spiraltoy (Sweden)
  54. irual (Finland)
  55. Duke Mantee (Scotland)
  56. YossarianRaw (Denmark)
  57. plattertough (USA)
  58. discwork (USA)
  59. longshanks (USA)
  60. Lori13 (USA)
  61. jigsaw (Indonesia)
  62. mandel9000 (Norway)

[to be completed]

2 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Thanks, all of you! This has been a very pleasant return to the forum. 

(Not that it's urgent at all, just wait until the next batch, but I think you forgot to put me on the list, @volvo240thebest. Thanks for all the help!)

@mandel9000 you're in the list! #62! also fixed @maharu which was in the list twice apparently :wacko:

On 6/21/2020 at 5:46 AM, Jared_Lee said:

Would love to have you, Duke!

Also, would @nycsurfer530 consider a name change to @nycsurger? So sick.

Been contemplating a name change for a while since I don’t even live in NYC anymore... have a good San Francisco quip?