Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

53 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

@Uncle Karl looking super smart on the prototype S40s.

168cm 78kg | He is wearing S40 one washed in 34 | His size for 50’s Jeans is 34 as well

1896915871_WhatsAppImage2020-06-22at10_09_22.jpeg.96e5e6abc6ccf542cd08c346b0b33db4.jpeg600052141_WhatsAppImage2020-06-22at10_09_26.jpeg.61141f9c11993917f2169715a8fb0da2.jpeg2128705565_WhatsAppImage2020-06-22at10_09_34.jpeg.39faf5934e2ba3692921e5f4f3d632d6.jpeg346980461_WhatsAppImage2020-06-22at10_09_38.jpeg.a9b13e7810b2efc53476f3496ae44c57.jpeg304358219_WhatsAppImage2020-06-22at10_09_45.jpeg.09f66698d6e9379afcfbd150720a46eb.jpeg638088546_WhatsAppImage2020-06-22at10_09_50.jpeg.e861f4b23bc5cc93bdc18885399d3cbe.jpeg

That's a banderassmile.gif for me right there. Great fit.

Also really glad I didn't go for size 33 since I'm Karl's height but 83kg... On a good day

5 minutes ago, YossarianRaw said:

That's a banderassmile.gif for me right there. Great fit.

Also really glad I didn't go for size 33 since I'm Karl's height but 83kg... On a good day

yeah, a much better fit pic compared to the ones on the website, if you ask me.

Just now, mandel9000 said:

I'm back from my internet and social media hiatus, and I'm in!

@volvo240thebest sent the nicest e-mail to let me know about this contest, and I must admit it was an easy sell since I love both the 40s cut and TCB denim. Glad to be here again! 

good to see friendly faces (or avatars?) coming back to the good ole sufu. It feels like the golden era of sufu is back.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, mandel9000 said:

I'm back from my internet and social media hiatus, and I'm in!

@volvo240thebest sent the nicest e-mail to let me know about this contest, and I must admit it was an easy sell since I love both the 40s cut and TCB denim. Glad to be here again! 

Very cool. 

https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com/blogs/ニュース/inside-a-denim-washing-favtory-is-one-wash-bad-for-good-fades

Here you go @Duke Mantee :)

Edit: I see now that they don't mention any temperatures and so on.. But it's a nice article anyway :)

Edited by tigerstrom

On 6/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, volvo240thebest said:

they can ship to Indonesia via Fedex, they will update the website too. Tropical super high contrast fades welcome :D:D:D

everything is sorted out nicely, thanks Volvo and thanks Ryo for the Light Speed responds and solutions, superb service both of you

Edited by jigsaw

28 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

everything is sorted out nicely, thanks Volvo and thanks Ryo for the Light Speed responds and solutions, superb service both of you

should I add you to the list?

3 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

@volvo240thebest do you know what washing process TCB uses to go from rigid to one wash? 

Link was already posted. I can add that I am now wearing a one wash pair of 50s, I just gave them tehir maiden wash after three weeks of wear, they didn't shrink any further, just back to original dimensions and stretched back a wee bit after a couple hours wear, or even less.

2 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Link was already posted. I can add that I am now wearing a one wash pair of 50s, I just gave them tehir maiden wash after three weeks of wear, they didn't shrink any further, just back to original dimensions and stretched back a wee bit after a couple hours wear, or even less.

Cheers!

I’m not particularly bothered with regards the pair I bought - it was more a general understanding of TCB methods. I’ll probably just sit in the bath like a real 1980’s twenty-something (twenty-eleven)

4 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Cheers!

I’m not particularly bothered with regards the pair I bought - it was more a general understanding of TCB methods. I’ll probably just sit in the bath like a real 1980’s twenty-something (twenty-eleven)

I prefer to not do that. Only time I've done it knees shrank in a weird way, the thub wasn't long enough to stay with my legs straight. I just toss the jeans in a bucket of the hottest water from the tap, then after 30 mins straight in the washing machine for a 40s cycle with little or none detergent

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

I prefer to not do that. Only time I've done it knees shrank in a weird way, the thub wasn't long enough to stay with my legs straight. I just toss the jeans in a bucket of the hottest water from the tap, then after 30 mins straight in the washing machine for a 40s cycle with little or none detergent

It was just a little bit of Angus humour (I’m more than old enough to remember the Levi’s shrink to fit campaign) :mellow2: - fekin sure I’m not sitting in a bath for that amount of time, I’ll end up nearly clean.

I just wash at 40C over a 2 hour cycle - no spin (sometimes I experiment with shirts and wabash where I’ve went up to 95C

Edited by Duke Mantee

Just now, tigerstrom said:

Ryu also told me that the measurements on the chart is based on the pattern so it is comparable to around. 

all tcb measurements are made on pattern, same method as per 50s 60s etc etc, just to further clarify re this

40 minutes ago, aho said:

@setterman any interest? ;) Let's get the whole band back together!

oh I'd love to see Michael making a comeback! I still follow him on instagram and chat from time to time. He seems to be much into the tiki cocktail hobby. I am going to send him a message now.
Denim is a healthier hobby, those cocktails are a sugar bomb :D

Pre-order done :D

I didn't get an option to enter a comment in the process (to say that I'm in the contest and to state what length I'd like), but I used the contact form to add that info - hope he gets it. Looks like I'll be going a bit slimmer than most of you, hopefully something like this: 

image.jpg