Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

After careful consideration and the realisation that my penchant for craft beer and board games (Arkham Horror LCG for all you nerds out there) has slabbed on a kilo or two in the mid section, I finally landed on a size 34OW.

Count me in alongside Ar Thor and Facini as a Danish contestant, if you please, Volvo.

Edited by YossarianRaw

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

Well it’s cost me £40 over my fortnightly benefit from our generous government and I’ve forever lost the opportunity to wind up @Flash and @Double 0 Soul over their wonky stitching fetish but I’m in

Size 33 Rigid

Wohoooo I'm actually working tonight but I look forward to come back and pin Scotland in UK to the list!!!! Hahaha

Pic of me working and not wearing Tcb for once

IMG_20200621_194128.thumb.jpg.f0dc0276eeaeb32e7d486c3a564de92c.jpg

This contest is really gaining momentum - it feels like the clock has been turned back a few years to the golden age of Sufu. Hopefully the enthusiasm will continue once it actually begins and most people will continue to post progress updates. I’m looking forward to it.

41 minutes ago, Suitedupmon said:

Trying not to get carried away in the excitement. The rise measurement would have them sitting at my knockers... still, im contemplating.

I had to extensively search the meaning of knockers. I thought they were your precious jewels. We went in two pages from "oh my god the rise is too low" to the knockers. I will ask to have more fit pics once the lads make more sizes. Ryo will wear a 36 and Hajime a 40!  Look forward to see Ryo's fit for reference. I am wearing today a pair that has a 32 rise and feels great. The 36 will have another cm and a smidgen of rise. It will hit my navel and I look forward to see how that works.

Stay tuned for more fit pics on different body types.

Edited by volvo240thebest

3 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

This contest is really gaining momentum - it feels like the clock has been turned back a few years to the golden age of Sufu. Hopefully the enthusiasm will continue once it actually begins and most people will continue to post progress updates. I’m looking forward to it.

Seeing a confluence of denimheads from the old & the new.   This is going to be a ball !!!

5 minutes ago, aho said:

It took a pandemic but dare I say sufu (or at least superdenim contests) is back indeed...Very cool seeing the contestant list and we haven’t even added all from the JPN side either yet?

As per Saturday Ryo told me there were about 25 contestants from Japan. Many of them unfortunately will not post here, language barrier at all. I hope our friends Uncle Karl Nayuta and Senpai will sensitive much of the JP crew to post updates here. It's impossible to keep track of a contest on Instagram. No space in the comments for a bit of banter.

I agree that the forum is far superior to Instagram for tracking and posterity. But facing the reality of the times, would you @volvo240thebest be willing to assign a contest specific hashtag so Instagram users can at least search the tag to see all the posts as we go along?

I would really love to see @therelativity's style and interpretation. I don't know if she's still around though. 

And that guy that absolutely destroyed denim because he worked construction in them. Fastest all over fades I've ever seen. He used to argue with the ocean washing types that the fades weren't because he washed them every couple days. Can't remember his name though. 

1 hour ago, Graytrain said:

I would really love to see @therelativity's style and interpretation. I don't know if she's still around though. 

And that guy that absolutely destroyed denim because he worked construction in them. Fastest all over fades I've ever seen. He used to argue with the ocean washing types that the fades weren't because he washed them every couple days. Can't remember his name though. 

dude! therel! wonder what happened to her.

Were you referring to @cheapmuthafukr?

3 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

I agree that the forum is far superior to Instagram for tracking and posterity. But facing the reality of the times, would you @volvo240thebest be willing to assign a contest specific hashtag so Instagram users can at least search the tag to see all the posts as we go along?

That's a good idea.

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

There also was a lady in the TCB 20's contest IIRC. From Northern Europe maybe?

I think it was just me and 2 Japanese women...

2 hours ago, JDelage said:

There also was a lady in the TCB 20's contest IIRC. From Northern Europe maybe?

11 minutes ago, srudy said:

I think it was just me and 2 Japanese women

Birgitte from Oslo aka @mandel9000

Edited by volvo240thebest

5 hours ago, Graytrain said:

I think that may have been @salaami

On 6/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, volvo240thebest said:

Participants list

1. volvo240thebest (Italy)
  2. Topgearskin (UK)
  3. Julian Wolf (USA)
  4. Tigerstrom (Sweden)
  5. Kylito (USA)
  6. Lazerr (USA)
  7. Broark (USA)
  8. Graytrain (USA)
  9. Ar Thor (Denmark)
  10. NycSurger (USA)
  11. Darren Barbera/mindfulbiscuit  (UK)
  12. bartlebyyphonics (UK)
  13. Brownmetallic (USA)
  14. PaulT (UK)
  15. Hopethisoneisnttaken (Israel)
  16. Mtvare (UK)
  17. tjandaputra (Sweden/Netherlands)
  18. Jared Lee (USA)
  19. Maharu (Sweden)
  20. Roomtemplacroix (USA)
  21. Corporalclegg (USA)
  22. Thanks_M8 (Germany)
  23. Erockisalive (USA)
  24. Ecsong187 (USA)
  25. Aho (USA)
  26. Momokun (Australia)
  27. Cottonskinblues (Canada)
  28. Erk (USA)
  29. Broark (USA)
  30. Least Weasel (USA)
  31. Andrew Rose (USA)
  32. Unders (UK)
  33. DoitsuJin (USA)
  34. Uncle Karl (Japan)
  35. Frost (Germany)
  36. Slab (Belgium)
  37. Edmond (Philippines)
  38. Justintk (USA)
  39. Yot (Indonesia)
  40. moimanuh (India)
  41. Mariano Vittori (Switzerland/Italy)
  42.  RunMountainDrew (USA)
  43. Illcutz (UK)
  44. Facini (Denmark)
  45. garden gnomes in space (USA/Italy :D)
  46. srudy (USA)
  47. UkeNo (UK)
  48. MrCknNuggets (Japan/Canada)
  49. kameisenpai (Japan)
  50. Hermit (USA)
  51. JDelage (France/USA)
  52. Collin (Switzerland)
  53.  Spiraltoy (Sweden)
  54.  irual (Finland)
  55. Duke Mantee (Scotland)
  56. YossarianRaw (Denmark)
  57. plattertough (USA)
  58. discwork (USA)
  59. maharu (mistery...)
  60. longshanks (USA) 

[to be completed]

we hit 60 now, fucking hell it feels like 2009

6 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

we agreed with Ryo on #tcbww2contest