Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Ahh, Upon further investigating, seems like I might be a 36 in these. Didn't realize that the 50's slim at 34 has the same measurement as 40's waist at 36. Main factor here would be the rise I guess, I shall contact Ryo :)

Went with one-wash to get all/majority of the shrinkage out of the way from the get go. As mentioned on the TCB thread, my washer/drier also has a tendency to set a giant crease which I'd like to avoid in the initial shrinkage. Likely doesn't make a difference whichever route you decide to take though!

45 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

OOO god shipping is suspended to Indo :(

Everything can happens between now and the shipping date. I'll get an answer from Ryo to this. You're not the only person in Indonesia that wants to join.

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

23 already confirmed in 6 hours, I wonder how many numbers we will reach. My sympathy to the dude who will cut all the different pocket bags, he's going to hate all of us :wacko:

I’m assuming, front pocket bags will be cut, production style .... lay the different fabrics on top of the other & cut by size grades. 

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

OOO god shipping is suspended to Indo :(

they can ship to Indonesia via Fedex, they will update the website too. Tropical super high contrast fades welcome :D:D:D

6 hours ago, aho said:

Sorry @TCBINOUE I didn't mention my preferred inseam in my order, but I sent a follow up e-mail!

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Just submitted my tux order, woo hoo!
Edit: I submitted the desired hem length with the order but I don't see anything listed on my order confirmation. Any way I can confirm that it was received? :o

6 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

@Broark hmm I just noticed the same thing. I definitely put in my desired inseam but see no way to confirm it was sent

I only double checked  @Broark with Ryo, because I remembered your real life name. Your inseam request was received. I guess the same happened for @aho and @ecsong187. Ig you PM me your real name I may check direct with Ryo. I think he has all of them, but we can double check for sure.

Edited by volvo240thebest

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

My pleasure ;)

I don't remember exactly who said that first, I thought I invented it but you may as well have patented the name before I noticed :D

7 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

@Broark hmm I just noticed the same thing. I definitely put in my desired inseam but see no way to confirm it was sent

Ryo received your inseam length request!

On 5/28/2020 at 10:42 AM, Thanks_M8 said:

@volvo240thebest great idea!

In general using scraps TCB has laying around for pocketbags in random assortments in “true ressource saving spirit“ maybe?

I think the original lottery pocket bag idea can be attributed to @Thanks_M8

9 hours ago, erk said:

I’m in!

I think I’m gonna go for 31. Tcb measurements for 31 are really close to my lvc 55s in 32. In case anyone is curious. With .5cm higher rise! 

also for anyone who cares - I own a tcb 50s in 32 and 31 - the 31 looks better on me. 31 it is. 

In regards to hem - I’ve been wanting to get a pair to wear without a cuff but I don’t think this is the pair to do it with. The hem measures .5cm wider than my 31 50s. I’ll have to see how my 517s compare. 

I’m going 31 my cat boys slims our 31 and there roomy my Tcb 606 our 30 and a 31 would’ve be that little bit better but I have a little room in the 30 due to the denim I find quite stretchy being 11oz,in my experience with one wash denim I find they always stretch out a bit,but fir anyone not sure go a little bigger 

Greetings from Belgium. Still figuring out sizing but most likely need a 30 or 31 raw.

Not sure how i will clear this with the misses though as i already splurged on a MF jacket and did not expect full payment this month yet :ph34r:

@volvo240thebest pls add me to the contestant list 

Edited by SLAB

15 hours ago, Paul T said:

Great to see you Bartles.

I'm in of course. Part-time contestant.

I'll send volvo an 18-page detailed sizing questionnaire then go for 32 like I have for the last 20 years.

great to see you too sir paul!

part-time might mean you give us some of a chance! 

torn between 36 and 38 waist: the gods of stretch will be a deciding factor in choice; oh what gifts must I sacrifice for an augur...

(or to think of different wearing strategies; low wash, hand stretching waist if needed w. clean fit across hips vs. multi-wash and comfort but possible bag ... my old tcb 50s tagged w.36 worn/washed/stretched few years wear now measure 46/92cm waist but def feel too trim these days ... but if the 38 end up stretching back to original that won't be good neither... [processing...] )

Alright, ordered a 31 Rigid right now, will see about the jacket, don't really wear enough denim jackets to be honest.
Can I just shoot them a mail regarding hemming and the contest? Haven't seen a comment function while ordering.

4 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

torn between 36 and 38 waist: the gods of stretch will be a deciding factor in choice; oh what gifts must I sacrifice for an augur...

(or to think of different wearing strategies; low wash, hand stretching waist if needed w. clean fit across hips vs. multi-wash and comfort but possible bag ... my old tcb 50s tagged w.36 worn/washed/stretched few years wear now measure 46/92cm waist but def feel too trim these days ... but if the 38 end up stretching back to original that won't be good neither... [processing...] )

If you sometimes work in the yard, and get them filthy and so on, sizing up is better imo, takes a lot of guesswork and risk of shrinking them too much out ;) Worst case is you'll have to wear a belt, I guess.

5 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

I'm thinking I'll just go for the size I had for the 20s. Otherwise I will have to find all the original sizing charts and it will make my brain hurt. Although it would be good to know if this fabrics shrinks/stretches more than, say, the 20s. Do we have any clues, yet?

I might fuck this up but I will size up to 36 even that my 50s in sz34 fit pretty decent after stretch (but really really hard to button up after wash).

Edit: The jeans are now ordered! Went with 36 and inseam 81cm.

Edited by tigerstrom
Added stuff

20 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Participants list

1. volvo240thebest (Italy)
  2. Topgearskin (UK)
  3. Julian Wolf (USA)
  4. Tigerstrom (Sweden)
  5. Kylito (USA)
  6. Lazerr (USA)
  7. Broark (USA)
  8. Graytrain (USA)
  9. Ar Thor (Denmark)
  10. NycSurger (USA)
  11. Darren Barbera/mindfulbiscuit  (UK)
  12. bartlebyyphonics (UK)
  13. Brownmetallic (USA)
  14. PaulT (UK)
  15. Hopethisoneisnttaken (Israel)
  16. Mtvare (UK)
  17. tjandaputra (Sweden/Netherlands)
  18. Jared Lee (USA)
  19. Maharu (Sweden)
  20. Roomtemplacroix (USA)
  21. Corporalclegg (USA)
  22. Thanks_M8 (Germany)
  23. Erockisalive (USA)
  24. Ecsong187 (USA)
  25. Aho (USA)
  26. Momokun (Australia)
  27. Cottonskinblues (Canada)
  28. Erk (USA)
  29. Broark (USA)
  30. Least Weasel (USA)
  31. Andrew Rose (USA)
  32. Unders (UK)
  33. DoitsuJin (USA)
  34. Uncle Karl (Japan)
  35. Frost (Germany)
  36. Slab (Belgium)

[to be completed]

I think I have now updated with all those who already confirmed. Please do correct me if I have forgot anyone.