Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946

Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Time to start competition

• Ready to go now
    • 3 months delay
    • 6 months delay
    • longer time needed for delay... (please specify within the comments)
  2. 2. Jeans condition

3. 3. Inseam

• Long Inseam
    • Standard (Warehouse) Inseam (82cm post wash)
  4. 4. Patch Request to Warehouse from their back catalogue - see https://www.instagram.com/p/B9v-k4DpZu1/

• '95-'96 (horses pulling jeans)
    • '96-98 (longhorn first version)
    • '98-2003 (the W - multiple variations exist... see http://jeanshanger.web.fc2.com/index.html for some iterations)
    • '04-'08 (longhorn second version)
    • '08-'13 patch (text)
    • current standard patch
  5. 5. Patch Question (Part 2)

• Standard Ink
    • Green Ink for Lot No.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/23/20 at 10:55 PM

40 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

not at all. they are not ready as of yet to launch a WW2 model. Hajime wants to have an original to copy and study, and he still haven't found it. I think they would be more than happy to work on another contest, now more than ever since they finally have a person like Ryo in the staff, who speaks a perfect English.

that said to me the most interesting option would be an up and coming new brand, like Rebuilt, more than Tcb or Ooe. I would have totally jumped on Rebuilt even before Warehouse but I wasn't aware of them when we started discussing the various contest options.

i couldnt believe it
they are too nice

8 hours ago, 501XX4EVER said:

Just out of curiosity, what happened over on Denimbro?

The forum was all but abandoned by the moderators for years, it's upkeep was funded by charitable donations from it's members, we all did our best to keep it going but then one day one of the mods made a return and without warning deleted 70% of the threads so we didn't get the opportunity to back up any of our research and such...after nearly a month he finally admitted what he had done, but it turned out that it wasn't his fault, it was ours.. so we all bailed it and came back here.

12 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

The forum was all but abandoned by the moderators for years, it's upkeep was funded by charitable donations from it's members, we all did our best to keep it going but then one day one of the mods made a return and without warning deleted 70% of the threads so we didn't get the opportunity to back up any of our research and such...after nearly a month he finally admitted what he had done, but it turned out that it wasn't his fault, it was ours.. so we all bailed it and came back here.

Thanks for that, but in many ways, it raises more questions that it answers.:huh::huh::huh:

3 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Would/could Rebuilt make a WW2 model? It seems their current jeans offering is solely a 1920s/30s cut. 

I can try and ask, I had a very brief chat with the guy a couple months ago, he was able to reply in english

23 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

^ This has certainly gone South, but please reconsider deleting the thread all together—there's nothing to be gained from that, and we've already seen a lifetime's worth of deletion of internet history over on Denimbro

Absolutely, yes: it should be left for the Internet Historian to rake over!

21 hours ago, 501XX4EVER said:

I think maybe everybody needs to chill the fuck out a bit, nobody's died after all and I don't think anyone will be purchasing anything from a certain someone in the near future so maybe just change the title to "potential" Warehouse contest or something, the initial poll suggested that Warehouse was the most popular choice anyway?

Absolutely: agreeing: my smelling salts have done wonders and my countenance is now clear/-er...  I bear no ill will but words can have consequences for projects... happy for some-one else to run it, just not in a thread that is identified with me... Warehouse was indeed the peoples choice...

9 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Plenty plenty more jeans in the world chaps - here's to next time...

Quite! [and thanks for your thanks] lots of good ideas already being floated, and sorry to all for stepping out on this one: seemed like the moment to do it.

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

21 hours ago, Flash said:

I think it would be quite difficult to deal with warehouse directly without a shop to go through 

Now this is just a suggestion and feel free to ignore it because I have no intentions of joining the contest but .... how about a smaller lesser known brand ( if warehouse is out ) ? I'm sure they would be more than happy with the custom in these challenging times 

Always thought these looked really nice and it's a really small workshop brand . Have no idea if he would be willing to take on the orders but if you guys like it then an Instagram message would make contact 

^ yes! kin of csf: looks sweet

19 hours ago, unders said:

Agree. I’d be up for supporting something like this and giving a brand new name a go. 

At the risk of over-polling, do we need to set up another. When I say we, I mean our in-house poll-maker extraordinaire @bartlebyyphonics assuming he’s not fatigued by the whole thing!

Are options (ii) try to get the WH ‘46 back on track through another retailer, (ii) Rebuilt, (iii) Ooe or (iv) Bridge of the Times assuming he can do the volume? Ought we avoid opening back up to the original plethora of brands as Warehouse was the winner first time round? 

Not ready to be pollster again right now, but not ruling it out: am about to be drowned in work for next 4 weeks: but also wonder whether more could be worked on that: agreeing with others that rebuilt and bridge of the times look exciting

... if we could get WWII's from rebuilt

... or get bridge of the times to not require in-house fitting and to ship ...

[the one conclusive thing: I feel that the wh polls pretty definitively got the mid-late 40s models as being the most desired...]

Does this need yet another thread?

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Will likely be a bit for hearing back from Ooe. I've already rustled those feathers so I'm curious to see how it'll pan out. 

Rebuilt is still a nice option, would be cool to do a 40's WWII with them, would probably be easy for him to just make jeans without the cinch and leave the other details, though the back pocket/hidden rivets would be an issue ( haven't seen him do anything other than 20's).  

Bonus points for Ooe is we'd likely get our own cool new fabric.

Edited by aho

9 hours ago, dau said:

while you are here, maybe any ideas/help with contest?

While we do have a great relationship with Warehouse and plan on seriously expanding what we stock from them as soon as our stores open up again I don't want to take over the contest as it's Ed's thing..

One thing to note.. if this contest really did end up happening, you'd all be waiting for at least 1 year for the jeans from when the final specs were submitted. 

On 5/18/2020 at 8:34 AM, SLAB said:

hope this contest will be decided soon otherwise i'll just buy the WH 46 directly from Japan. Don't want to miss the opportunity to miss this release

SLAB: feel free to take the keys / facilitate: I don't want to kill the project & those who want those pairs to not get them; I am just stepping out: was going to ask anyone who did want to keep it going to make a new thread; but consensus seems to be to keep thread open...

... as Ed had previously stated (and kiya confirms below); the new ETA had become spring 2021 anyhoo.

2 hours ago, kiya said:

One thing to note.. if this contest really did end up happening, you'd all be waiting for at least 1 year for the jeans from when the final specs were submitted. 

@bartlebyyphonics I fear I lack the organizational skills to bring this to a good end. I feel the direction of the contest is shifting to another brand; which is acceptable to me. In any way the '46 i supposed to drop next month so I am already in position to purchase a pair.

21 hours ago, kiya said:

While we do have a great relationship with Warehouse and plan on seriously expanding what we stock from them as soon as our stores open up again I don't want to take over the contest as it's Ed's thing..

you wanna do this together?

3 hours ago, edmond said:

you wanna do this together?

No, I don't collaborate well with others when it comes to these things.   With Self Edge related stuff I need full control, so it's best you do it if you've already started the process.

Here's a thought that's been rolling around in my head, but it's just a thought and I have no idea how much merit it has 'round here: since The World + Ed = sh!tshow ATM, and if enough fellas want to do something until The New Normal happens, what about an off-the-shelf 501 STF 6-month contest? It's the only pair you can wear for 6 months. Do what ever you want with them, in them, to them. See what happens. 

Like I said, just a thought, and had to throw-it-up... I get it's prolly not appealing. Resume, as before! :P

WE WILL START PRE ORDERING ON DECEMBER

3 WINNERS

1ST PLACE WINNER WILL GET 1 JACKET OF HIS CHOICE ( DENIM ) WATEVER IS AVAIALABLE WITH WH AT THAT TIME OF WINING AND 2 PAIRS OF JEANS OR PANTS OF HIS LIKING

2ND PLACE WINNER WILL GET 1 JACKET AND 1 DENIM OF HIS CHOICE SAME AS ABOVE

3RDPLACE WILL GET 1 PAIR OF DENIM OF HIS OR HER CHOICE

FREE HEMMING

FREE WASHING/SOAKING  AND DRYER OR LINE DRY

3 hours ago, edmond said:

WE WILL START PRE ORDERING ON DECEMBER

3 WINNERS

1ST PLACE WINNER WILL GET 1 JACKET OF HIS CHOICE ( DENIM ) WATEVER IS AVAIALABLE WITH WH AT THAT TIME OF WINING AND 2 PAIRS OF JEANS OR PANTS OF HIS LIKING

2ND PLACE WINNER WILL GET 1 JACKET AND 1 DENIM OF HIS CHOICE SAME AS ABOVE

3RDPLACE WILL GET 1 PAIR OF DENIM OF HIS OR HER CHOICE

FREE HEMMING

FREE WASHING/SOAKING  AND DRYER OR LINE DRY

hey Ed, you still have to send tcb 20s contest prize you announced.
do you remember?