Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946

Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Time to start competition

• Ready to go now
    • 3 months delay
    • 6 months delay
    • longer time needed for delay... (please specify within the comments)
  2. 2. Jeans condition

3. 3. Inseam

• Long Inseam
    • Standard (Warehouse) Inseam (82cm post wash)
  4. 4. Patch Request to Warehouse from their back catalogue - see https://www.instagram.com/p/B9v-k4DpZu1/

• '95-'96 (horses pulling jeans)
    • '96-98 (longhorn first version)
    • '98-2003 (the W - multiple variations exist... see http://jeanshanger.web.fc2.com/index.html for some iterations)
    • '04-'08 (longhorn second version)
    • '08-'13 patch (text)
    • current standard patch
  5. 5. Patch Question (Part 2)

• Standard Ink
    • Green Ink for Lot No.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/23/20 at 10:55 PM

8 hours ago, superfuture said:

this topic is about 3 seconds from being deleted. 

I admit I was watching it as if in an out of body experience; had been expecting these events but not at this point... similar ones happened in other threads with similar agents; but backing down from the precipice occurred. not now it seems.

am going to give 24 hrs for all and sundry to say goodbyes/screen grab/frame and then delete and allow others to set up what they need as they wish ... (this was a fine almost outcome)

3 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

sorry Bartles I know you’ve put a lot of work and thought into this. 

7 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:
Anyway, too much of Bartles time has gone into this to let it fall by the wayside just because of Ed's stupid comments remember the jeans are coming from WH, not Eddie.

please don't worry; not really my project; this is an unwelcome turn within an otherwise very interesting forum decision making process to which I have merely set up polls following the lead of the magisterial b_F ... if choosing between agreeing to the use of a certain term or being a proud 'fucking moron and self entitled shit' I know where to go - so yup, imma out too... I can be a 'grown up pussy' and buy my big boy pants somewhere else...

2 hours ago, 501XX4EVER said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14366029

cd550abcf3c494c153ff69a9b99463e6-273495.

ur r rite as ever: sorry to be so harsh earlier, didn't expect the other moving parts to come in so early... ready to work on developing the early 80s model with rebuilt.jp? I'll bring the peanuts...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

^ This has certainly gone South, but please reconsider deleting the thread all together—there's nothing to be gained from that, and we've already seen a lifetime's worth of deletion of internet history over on Denimbro

@bartlebyyphonics I was merely starting a thread to start some kind of organisation in the various ideas. I never considered to enter a new contest being in the GBG001 contest and also being an easily distracted jeans wearer ;)

IMO, the rebuilt.jp option sounds the most interesting outcome of all this. A totally unique choice if you guys can make it happen. Exploring a new path. 

51 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

ur r rite as ever: sorry to be so harsh earlier, didn't expect the other moving parts to come in so early... ready to work on developing the early 80s model with rebuilt.jp? I'll bring the peanuts...

I'm always right, it's a curse, but there you go, it's my cross to bear and as a FYI, I have never owned or even worn Scottish Levi's, the very thought of it.

Early 80's 501's with the "653" Button code however, I would go to war for.

I think deleting the thread might be a bit melodramatic, it might be useful if someone else with contacts starts the thing again, if the Super-future mods want to delete it fair enough, it is their forum after all, but otherwise what's to be gained by deleting it?

I apologize for stirring up any shit here, as I was all for this contest to happen. I was in from the beginning, but with things unfolding the way they have I’d probably have to bow out. I’d love a Warehouse contest but maybe not under these circumstances. Rebuilt or OA would be neat. I’m happy to reach out for anything OA involved and initiate that conversation and take on the helm.

I think maybe everybody needs to chill the fuck out a bit, nobody's died after all and I don't think anyone will be purchasing anything from a certain someone in the near future so maybe just change the title to "potential" Warehouse contest or something, the initial poll suggested that Warehouse was the most popular choice anyway?

1 hour ago, 501XX4EVER said:

I think deleting the thread might be a bit melodramatic

yep. locked might have been more accurate. instead sent ed to the sinbin for 4 days with warnings and proposed to move the off-topic posts to covid thread. this thread will not be deleted so everyone just needs to work to extinguish flames rather than spray more petrol. the rest is up to you guys to sort out.

as mentioned if anyone want to nominate themselves or others as a mod let me know. we haven't needed any for denim topics for years but could do with some help as i am obviously not reading every word written in every thread since day dot. plus sufu is almost double the activity of same time a year ago. 

Glad to hear sufu traffic is up, I'm happy to be back as well!

@Broark I'd love to see an Ooe contest happen because I love the brand, and S&S. I pinged Jeremy a couple days back, but something new just popped into my head, involving a certain special fabric...

hope this contest will be decided soon otherwise i'll just buy the WH 46 directly from Japan. Don't want to miss the opportunity to miss this release

5 hours ago, aho said:

Glad to hear sufu traffic is up, I'm happy to be back as well!

@Broark I'd love to see an Ooe contest happen because I love the brand, and S&S. I pinged Jeremy a couple days back, but something new just popped into my head, involving a certain special fabric...

i love an Ooe contest aswell
mayb even an tuxedo contest (cone mills denim and chore jacket)

other idea
we can ask the swissjeansfreak to do an contest
he turned 60 years old and released a denim to fund his dream "the jeans museum"

Many thanks Bartles - a well organised and inclusive job - plus strong contributions as ever from the Sufu community

In no way realistic to legislate for such circumstances

Principles v jeans - no poll required, enough said

In reality, a start in 12 months was an age away and WH hadn't (to my knowledge) committed to our patch and ink requests anyway

Plenty plenty more jeans in the world chaps - here's to next time...

13 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

^ This has certainly gone South, but please reconsider deleting the thread all together—there's nothing to be gained from that, and we've already seen a lifetime's worth of deletion of internet history over on Denimbro

Just out of curiosity, what happened over on Denimbro?

I think it would be quite difficult to deal with warehouse directly without a shop to go through 

Now this is just a suggestion and feel free to ignore it because I have no intentions of joining the contest but .... how about a smaller lesser known brand ( if warehouse is out ) ? I'm sure they would be more than happy with the custom in these challenging times 

Always thought these looked really nice and it's a really small workshop brand . Have no idea if he would be willing to take on the orders but if you guys like it then an Instagram message would make contact 

Edited by Flash

Agree. I’d be up for supporting something like this and giving a brand new name a go. 

At the risk of over-polling, do we need to set up another. When I say we, I mean our in-house poll-maker extraordinaire @bartlebyyphonics assuming he’s not fatigued by the whole thing!

Are options (ii) try to get the WH ‘46 back on track through another retailer, (ii) Rebuilt, (iii) Ooe or (iv) Bridge of the Times assuming he can do the volume? Ought we avoid opening back up to the original plethora of brands as Warehouse was the winner first time round? 

Edited by unders

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Always thought these looked really nice and it's a really small workshop brand . Have no idea if he would be willing to take on the orders but if you guys like it then an Instagram message would make contact 

After a brief Instagram conversation a couple weeks back, they don't ship internationally. But I don't know if they meant during these times...

Here is their site, regardless: https://bot.storeinfo.jp/

Edited by Suitedupmon

57 minutes ago, BionicEye said:

Did tcb turn us down? 

not at all. they are not ready as of yet to launch a WW2 model. Hajime wants to have an original to copy and study, and he still haven't found it. I think they would be more than happy to work on another contest, now more than ever since they finally have a person like Ryo in the staff, who speaks a perfect English.

that said to me the most interesting option would be an up and coming new brand, like Rebuilt, more than Tcb or Ooe. I would have totally jumped on Rebuilt even before Warehouse but I wasn't aware of them when we started discussing the various contest options.