Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946

Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Time to start competition

• Ready to go now
    • 3 months delay
    • 6 months delay
    • longer time needed for delay... (please specify within the comments)
  2. 2. Jeans condition

3. 3. Inseam

• Long Inseam
    • Standard (Warehouse) Inseam (82cm post wash)
  4. 4. Patch Request to Warehouse from their back catalogue - see https://www.instagram.com/p/B9v-k4DpZu1/

• '95-'96 (horses pulling jeans)
    • '96-98 (longhorn first version)
    • '98-2003 (the W - multiple variations exist... see http://jeanshanger.web.fc2.com/index.html for some iterations)
    • '04-'08 (longhorn second version)
    • '08-'13 patch (text)
    • current standard patch
  5. 5. Patch Question (Part 2)

• Standard Ink
    • Green Ink for Lot No.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/23/20 at 10:55 PM

Geographic eponyms have commonly been used in medical terminology, with diseases and medical entities being named after the place where the condition was discovered (e.g. Bombay Blood group) or invented (Jaipur Foot) or where the disease was first detected (Rocky Mountain Spotted fever) or where a consensus meeting has been held (Banff) or for other reasons (Argentina flag, Congo red stain). In 2015, the WHO decided to adopt a politically correct method to name infectious diseases in the future.” - (abstract) from the National Medical Journal of India, apparently.

Here are the WHO guidelines:

B6E97420-FCA7-4314-96F2-7EF98D8DCF01.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

35 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Try a Google search on Chinese+virus. It's a global pandemic now, and to call it Chinese sounds like a way to stir up hate towards Chinese people.

you might be missing the point. it's like you can't call Volvo a swedish car manufacturer as they are produced/driven all over the world.

don't know why you try to find a reason to hate someone, but it just started there that's why people call it that way. nobody hates them here for that

10 hours ago, edmond said:

it wont this china beerus will  be done in a couple of months .

lmao i'm out. like someone else said, would rather just get a pair from warehouse and not through you. you say you're asian and saying stuff like this just fuels hate and violence to other asians worldwide, i don't know why you think that's a fun thing to be a dick about.

Edited by lemmywinks

53 minutes ago, dau said:

you might be missing the point. it's like you can't call Volvo a swedish car manufacturer as they are produced/driven all over the world.

don't know why you try to find a reason to hate someone, but it just started there that's why people call it that way. nobody hates them here for that

Seems like it's you that is missing the point If you can't see how Trump and others are whipping up anti-Chinese and in general racist attitudes to people of Asian heritage for political gain. Its a virus it came from China, but it doesn't discriminate. Yes, they called it the Spanish flu in 1918, but that was a hundred years ago and there a lot of things people did back then, that we wouldn't do now. Here in Australia, because people are calling it the "Chinese Virus" the incidents of racist abuse to Chinese and other minorities are rising as people are blaming them for the virus. Can you see why some people find it problematic to label COVID 19 the "Chinese Virus"? 

To be clear, for anyone not in America: The issue isn't with the political correctness (or lack thereof) of the name—no one who's saying we shouldn't refer to it as the China Virus cares what it's called. The issue is with an angry, impressionable, and largely undereducated population that sees unpleasant changes in their lives and needs a scapegoat on which to blame them. When the pandemic is widely referenced in association with a particular nationality, that scapegoat is made manifest. Reference to SARS-CoV-2 as the China Virus is associated with increased hate crimes against the Chinese and broader East-Asian population in America, and that's not cool.

Love you sufu!

In simpler terms, "Chinese" is a group of people who can be scapegoated/attacked, whereas you could just call it "Wuhan Virus" if "Covid" is too hard, since the geography is separated from the actual group of people. @dau the socio-political environment is different all over the world no doubt, but particularly here in the states, and a number of other places where Asian communities live and aren't the majority, Asians are being discriminated against and physically attacked whether or not they're ethnic Chinese or not, encouraged by words like this. It's irrational, yes, but it does happen.

Said I wouldn't derail, and sorry to see the conversation turn this way when our hobbies should be outlets lol :X

yea have some respect. Calling it China Virus is uncalled for. 
the rise in Asian hate crimes since covid has been like a wildfire. 
Being half Korean I’ve taken it very personally how people have been so disrespectful lately. 
I’m out of the comp. Edmond you’re a dick and disrespectful in a lot of ways. 
not going to support you or your racism

4 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

To be clear, for anyone not in America: The issue isn't with the political correctness (or lack thereof) of the name—no one who's saying we shouldn't refer to it as the China Virus cares what it's called. The issue is with an angry, impressionable, and largely undereducated population that sees unpleasant changes in their lives and needs a scapegoat on which to blame them. When the pandemic is widely referenced in association with a particular nationality, that scapegoat is made manifest. Reference to SARS-CoV-2 as the China Virus is associated with increased hate crimes against the Chinese and broader East-Asian population in America, and that's not cool.

thanks, that's the explanation I can understand and asked for on the first place (and not those populistic and uncalled "you fuel racism!").

like I said here we don't have any problems with them here, and even though we are also having some hard times anger is mostly towards government.

5 hours ago, kicks79 said:

Seems like it's you that is missing the point If you can't see how Trump and others are whipping up anti-Chinese and in general racist attitudes to people of Asian heritage for political gain. Its a virus it came from China, but it doesn't discriminate. Yes, they called it the Spanish flu in 1918, but that was a hundred years ago and there a lot of things people did back then, that we wouldn't do now. Here in Australia, because people are calling it the "Chinese Virus" the incidents of racist abuse to Chinese and other minorities are rising as people are blaming them for the virus. Can you see why some people find it problematic to label COVID 19 the "Chinese Virus"? 

frankly speaking don't care about Trump and don't think most people in Europe do. Spanish flu didn't start in Spain. julian-wolf and aho gave some great explanation and I see why for some people it becomes a sharp corner (but keep in mind, fore some it's not)

Personally I would have had no problem had it been called, say, "Wuhan virus" from the get go. This is done routinely, and not just a hundred years ago. I also don't think that the *name* of the virus changes anything to the facts that it started in China. Because of where it started some Asian people have faced various forms of attacks, and that has not much to do with the name of the disease, IMHO, and I have not seen hard numbers on the prevalence but I suspect those attacks on Asians are widely overblown at least in the West. I also think the Chinese *government* is to blame for many things big and small, including their communication surrounding the early stages of the epidemic.

However, it was never called "Wuhan virus". It was called from the beginning "the coronavirus", and then "COVID-19" (or "SARS COVID 2"). Calling it "Chinese virus" or "Wuhan virus" now is an attempt to change the name. Why? It can only be for reasons that have nothing to do with "we routinely name diseases from where they started". 

@dau - Where are you if I may ask? I didn't know there were places where the virus was called "Chinese virus" from the get go.

10 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Groundhog day again!

if you want peace prepare for (a flame) war...

100% yes aho, julian-wolf and kicks79; name-blame-games and nationalist / ethnic minority scape-coating to shared international situations prevalent and personally unwelcome...

returning to terms used 100 years ago would certainly put the forum in a spin...

fun times.

9 hours ago, dau said:

I might be missing something, but what's political about calling it chinese? Where I am it's called that way commonly (even on national TV) and without any racist/political context.

12 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

And yes, to quote a great Texan: 'Our efforts must meet the indiscriminate nature of COVID-19 with empathy and compassion for all our neighbors.'  

sorry if I was being oblique; the Texan I was quoting is the mayor of San Antonio in the process of passing a motion that 'China Virus / Chinese Virus / Kung Fu Virus' is hate speech... 

Morning...wow :D

I couldn't agree more with all the above, for the sake of clarity, i'm not making a comparrison between the use of hate speach to the everyday use of the term 'Spanish flu' im saying that if we're going to condem folks for using the term China virus we need to change our own use of 'Spanish flu' to H1N1, German measles to Rubella, heck even Vibration white finger to Hand arm vibration syndrome or our/my taking offence from Ed is double standards.. It doesn't make it alright simply saying that these diseases were catagorised many years ago when these terms were acceptable, a lot of racist, homophobic, anti-disability, anti-mental illness (we have a 'wacko' emoji) sexist terms were common place up to the 1970's but we managed to change it within a generation and became better people because of it... we still need to change a lot of terms not just China virus.

23 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

yea have some respect. Calling it China Virus is uncalled for. 
the rise in Asian hate crimes since covid has been like a wildfire. 
Being half Korean I’ve taken it very personally how people have been so disrespectful lately. 
I’m out of the comp. Edmond you’re a dick and disrespectful in a lot of ways. 
not going to support you or your racism

your fucking president called it that im just copying him!

hi guys please  stop this double standard judging me on what i was mocking potus said ,

those who dont want to buy or join  i dont care at the end of the day you guys are jeans addict and you will eventually buy unless you are

a fucking moron and self entitled shit and a proud motherfuckers. y'all got nothing to do but be sensitive and looking out for faults on people . which is

due to uncertainties right now i understand but you dont have to be so serious anyways this is the internet  nobody is serious on the internet unless you political sensitive trolls are.

this contest will continue no matter what.

so yes the virus came from china ( wuhan )

indeed.

dau asked for clarification and received it, I guess...

certainly the texan mayor is not representative of all the world; but it summarises a lot of what is political to that term in certain parts of the world, many of whose inhabitants are residents of this forum and who have been pretty clear in their understandings...

names are emotive as well as factual.

I don't miss the term 'yellow peril' ... 'china virus' sits comfortably alongside it in terms of use and context. One of its problems is that whilst it names a geographical place it also infers blame and intentionality (allowing politicians to shift focus from their own poor management of an international situation, allowing those affected to find some-one to blame: personal experience - in the midst of the supermarket madness I had a moment of levity about toilet roll panic buying with other shoppers; the topic of blaming the 'bat-soup Chinese' came up in mere seconds... I know of Chinese people in the UK regularly receiving abuse in the streets)

names don't only describe they have effects.

I am a relative n00b here and have the most respect for all involved whose knowledge and expertise far outshine my own and as stated before I am concerned more with the green shoots of a collective project and the love, empathy and compassion needed to keep them growing...

part of that is how the community talks to each other and takes comments under advisement...

certainly the social should not be some smoothed over homogenous space, and certainly division and antagonism are a key part of it; but ringing the bell of division can cut many ways...

Oh Eddie.. You should have just pleaded ignorance.
dau has my sympathies to some extent, i thought it was a little unfair to jump on him, i appreciate and completely agree with all the above sentiment but a lot of these attacks happened in parts of the world where he doesn't live, who's racial tensions are ongoing and historic (Britains racists, through their choice or ours sought out new worlds in which to spread their temperate manner and good cheer ;)) I'm aware of anti Chinese sentiment because we have the BBC/CH4 news but even that is all consumed with our domestic Covid problems which are currently taking precedent over world/all other events and Russia for instance doesn't have an independent news network such as the BBC, dau can't be blamed for copying what he hears on his domestic Russian news network... he might not be as politically astute as Pussy Riot, like a lot of us, he's here for the denim, not the politics.

I work on the immediate peripheries of Sheffield's ever expanding Chinatown district, it's one of the largest concentrations of Chinese folk in the UK, i pass through it multiple times/day, i shop there, i eat there (or used to) and according to local news reports there has been very little increase in anti-Chinese sentiment but it is a very diverse city although i have seen news reports confirming attacks in other parts of the UK but if these fucking idiots wern't attacking Chinese peeps they'd be attacking some other ethnic group, It's just a fucking excuse.

Is ignorance of world events an excuse?...well sometimes yes, we had a similar issue in the UK last year, (that c**t) Boris Johnson compared Muslim women who wear the burqa to letterboxes, in the weeks which followed islamaphobic incidents rose by 375% and 42% of anti-Muslim street attacks referenced Johnson's comments, this was especially apparent in the Page Hall and Fir Vale parts of my city which are suffering ongoing racial tensions between the historic Pakistani community and the newly established Roma so during this period any mention of face coverings (jokingly or not) became a highly sensitive issue much like the mention of China virus but would i expect Ed or dau or the rest of you for that matter to have an all encompassing knowledge of such events conveyed through your domestic news channels.. probably not, no. Worst still, i remember a time when folks on here would call denim shop owners a 'P**i' a word which has been socially outlawed in the UK for 30yrs but obviously still acceptable in some parts of the world/internet...Since dinosaur Ed's day, he's never changed but the forum much like the rest of society has changed around him... he's like you're granny who'll tell you she can still remember buying 'n-word' brown wool from the haberdashery oblivious to the offence.

Anyway, too much of Bartles time has gone into this to let it fall by the wayside just because of Ed's stupid comments remember the jeans are coming from WH, not Eddie.

just to remind everyone that supertalk has always been a politics and religion free zone, so please keep things on-topic. supertalk is for denim experts not politicians, disseminators of disinformation, homophobes or racists. it's worked well for us since 2003... if twitter and facebook had done the same the world might have gone another direction. thinking to move these off-topic posts to the covid-19 thread so they are preserved in all their glory for future generations to research.

13 hours ago, edmond said:

hi guys please  stop this double standard judging me on what i was mocking potus said ,

those who dont want to buy or join  i dont care at the end of the day you guys are jeans addict and you will eventually buy unless you are

a fucking moron and self entitled shit and a proud motherfuckers. y'all got nothing to do but be sensitive and looking out for faults on people . which is

due to uncertainties right now i understand but you dont have to be so serious anyways this is the internet  nobody is serious on the internet unless you political sensitive trolls are.

this contest will continue no matter what.

so yes the virus came from china ( wuhan )

Yeah Ed it's surely because of uncertainties that I am now more sensitive than in the past. I always thought you were a dick but now that I have less money to splurge I am surely more conscious of how I spend it/who I give it to. All you had to do was show some respect, apologize and keep on selling the jeans.

I am off the contest. Sorry if my comments hurt or irritated some of you guys.

I’m out as well 

Ed’s attitude just kind of ruined the whole thing for me. 
sorry Bartles I know you’ve put a lot of work and thought into this. 
I’m sure you will still get a contest