Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946

Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Time to start competition

• Ready to go now
    • 3 months delay
    • 6 months delay
    • longer time needed for delay... (please specify within the comments)
  2. 2. Jeans condition

3. 3. Inseam

• Long Inseam
    • Standard (Warehouse) Inseam (82cm post wash)
  4. 4. Patch Request to Warehouse from their back catalogue - see https://www.instagram.com/p/B9v-k4DpZu1/

• '95-'96 (horses pulling jeans)
    • '96-98 (longhorn first version)
    • '98-2003 (the W - multiple variations exist... see http://jeanshanger.web.fc2.com/index.html for some iterations)
    • '04-'08 (longhorn second version)
    • '08-'13 patch (text)
    • current standard patch
  5. 5. Patch Question (Part 2)

• Standard Ink
    • Green Ink for Lot No.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/23/20 at 10:55 PM

So let me get this straight, you all are just now realizing that Ed’s a bigoted / misogynistic asshole? Come on, it’s not like he’s ever tried to hide it…feels like this conversation happens all over again twice a year

am confused.

thought details were confirmed:

'46 model

WWII denim

raw

standard inseam [though I know ed wants long and offers to hem]

'95-'96 patch (jeans pulling horse)

with green ink for lot and size number

amirite?

anything else?

as for virus blame game shenanigans, I want to inject dettol into such matters like god-emperor cheeto...

Hmm honestly a year from now is a long time to wait. If it materializes I'll be checking back in, but I'd love to participate in something that starts relatively soon-ish. 

Not to step on any toes, but I still think Rebuilt would make for an awesome contest, and he can churn out custom pairs within quick time (took two weeks for me to order and receive, with custom inseam and leg opening to boot). Or Ooe. Always down for Ooe. ;D

8 hours ago, 501XX4EVER said:

Am I the only person who thinks this contest will never, ever happen?

this visitation from corona-chan seems to be causing quite a lot of global disruption, or so the fake news and the real-talk of the intert00bz tells me... the tcb20s contest was similarly delayed, waylaid and yet prevailed through goodwill of those involved keeping those green shoots alive...

perhaps you and Aho are willing to sort out a Rebuilt re-make of your treasured early 80s made in Scotland Levi's? that would be grail... 

7 hours ago, aho said:

Hmm honestly a year from now is a long time to wait. If it materializes I'll be checking back in, but I'd love to participate in something that starts relatively soon-ish. 

Not to step on any toes, but I still think Rebuilt would make for an awesome contest, and he can churn out custom pairs within quick time (took two weeks for me to order and receive, with custom inseam and leg opening to boot). Or Ooe. Always down for Ooe. ;D

6 hours ago, andrewrose said:

Could also go for the previously suggested green contest. Might also be of interest to those who have a unworn pair but can’t afford to buy something new at the moment.

there was a poll thread on this; resurrection is possible. this discussion seems un-related to this warehouse competition thread? [sounding like a grumpy mod here, I know...]

I believe this is the thread for such talk: 

to summarise process so far; options were floated, decisions were voted on, discussion between a supplier and warehouse was established, a global pandemic struck... just hoping all these companies make it out in one piece; I am happy to keep to my commitment made...

[now we need ed to bring back news on wh opinion on our request for patch design and ink...]

or, for me; this contest wasn't about immediate gratification, so happy to wait it out.

to be sure; lots of jeans in lots of shops out there for people wanting to buy things. lots of other possibilities for competitions too. not sure why derailment of this nascent one is the recourse of the impatient.

just saying.

with love.

ppl.

23 hours ago, aho said:

That’s on me @bartlebyyphonics, I know it’s a pain to sort out things like this and appreciate your efforts in keeping things in line. Will keep my off topic banter out of this thread!

xoxo

no problem, appreciate it... and good to see you back... would love to see you helm a rebuilt project!

also, meant to say, love the shapes of the 'coolest dressed ppl on the internetz' IG poster you shared... love to see how you are working on recombining denim to yours...

the extra wait could be the death of this, but more positively I think it could also be what allows people to get finances in shape; with so many lost jobs and uncertain futures, rushing this into being seems a little rash...

@edmond - is there anything more needed than what stated below? any talks with warehouse about patch ideas we are pitching here (to revisit the jeans pulling horse wh patch from '95-'96, and have green ink for lot no. and size no.) 

On 5/13/2020 at 4:56 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

'46 model

WWII denim

raw

standard inseam [though I know ed wants long and offers to hem]

'95-'96 patch (jeans pulling horse)

with green ink for lot and size number

On 5/13/2020 at 8:22 PM, volvo240thebest said:

Am I the only person who gets irritated by peasants who call coronavirus "China" virus?

jeez where did the virus came from? tell me?

On 5/13/2020 at 10:43 PM, Broark said:

Not just realizing it, it's been known like you've said. I'm just not sure if it's something that I want to support.

your now political huh? hahaha come on man really?

4 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

xoxo

no problem, appreciate it... and good to see you back... would love to see you helm a rebuilt project!

also, meant to say, love the shapes of the 'coolest dressed ppl on the internetz' IG poster you shared... love to see how you are working on recombining denim to yours...

the extra wait could be the death of this, but more positively I think it could also be what allows people to get finances in shape; with so many lost jobs and uncertain futures, rushing this into being seems a little rash...

@edmond - is there anything more needed than what stated below? any talks with warehouse about patch ideas we are pitching here (to revisit the jeans pulling horse wh patch from '95-'96, and have green ink for lot no. and size no.) 

ok

pocket bags?

arcuates?

buttons?

pocket bags?

1 hour ago, edmond said:

ok

pocket bags?

arcuates?

buttons?

pocket bags?

These were all discussed early doors apart from buttons. The consensus was to stick with the standard ‘46 details so the price didn’t rack up. That works for me but please others shout up if it needs revisiting. 

There’s increasing frustration with China Virus chat so please let it go so this thing doesn’t lose legs. 

Edited by unders

4 hours ago, edmond said:

pocket bags?

arcuates?'

buttons?

as @unders said: all standard to '46 model (standard pockets, stitched arcs, standard dd-1003xx 1946 buttons - all as WH intended)

And yes, to quote a great Texan: 'Our efforts must meet the indiscriminate nature of COVID-19 with empathy and compassion for all our neighbors.'  

Srsly.

with love to all...

6 hours ago, edmond said:

jeez where did the virus came from? tell me?

You are free to think whatever you want, but please try to keep your political views out of this forum as they may rub up me (and many other potential customers of the shop you are affiliated with, apparently) the wrong way. You should have enough common sense to figure it out alright I think!

54 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

You are free to think whatever you want, but please try to keep your political views out of this forum as they may rub up me (and many other potential customers of the shop you are affiliated with, apparently) the wrong way. You should have enough common sense to figure it out alright I think!

I might be missing something, but what's political about calling it chinese? Where I am it's called that way commonly (even on national TV) and without any racist/political context.

Edited by dau

I can't deny..i do find it offensive when i hear Trump speak of the 'China virus' but i find most things that come out of his mouth offensive.. and personally i wouldn't use that term but lets not have double standards.. most of the world will refer the 'Spanish flu' which infected 500million peeps and started in France with no connotations, the Spanish call it the French flu.

36 minutes ago, dau said:

I might be missing something, but what's political about calling it chinese? Where I am it's called that way commonly (even on national TV) and without any racist/political context.

Try a Google search on Chinese+virus. It's a global pandemic now, and to call it Chinese sounds like a way to stir up hate towards Chinese people.