Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946

Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Time to start competition

• Ready to go now
    • 3 months delay
    • 6 months delay
    • longer time needed for delay... (please specify within the comments)
  2. 2. Jeans condition

3. 3. Inseam

• Long Inseam
    • Standard (Warehouse) Inseam (82cm post wash)
  4. 4. Patch Request to Warehouse from their back catalogue - see https://www.instagram.com/p/B9v-k4DpZu1/

• '95-'96 (horses pulling jeans)
    • '96-98 (longhorn first version)
    • '98-2003 (the W - multiple variations exist... see http://jeanshanger.web.fc2.com/index.html for some iterations)
    • '04-'08 (longhorn second version)
    • '08-'13 patch (text)
    • current standard patch
  5. 5. Patch Question (Part 2)

• Standard Ink
    • Green Ink for Lot No.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/23/20 at 10:55 PM

But these will have the new Warehouse denim. Your 1945 probably have the standard Memphis cotton denim?! (if they are this model: https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=109364283)

edit: or do you have this pair: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/mix8699/10004116/ ? 

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Definitely happy to wait til we can make this a full team event... I'm in irrespective of start date... plenty of jeans to wear in the meantime...

Also happy to go with longer seam if the standard means Sufu'ers who need the longer would otherwise be excluded... Ed said he'll hem so all good...

boys

well do the hemming for free! we just need to know the final length

and if it comes in RAW how do we hem it? let us know

ok warehouse is bugging me on the details !

help! xoxo edie

Hi @edmond!!!

sorry this poll was set up a bit later than hoped; my fault

however with 51 voters (when 66 voted before) and with the margins of preference some things seem pretty clear:

Definite confirmation of model: dd1003xx 1946

Special patch request: Can we have a revisiting of the '95-'96 patch (of two horse pulling apart jeans) with green ink for the Lot No. and W and L numbers

Yes to Delay 

...  I think that what you propose below seems most excellent. Are there other who find this a problem? If so, please say...

15 hours ago, edmond said:

start on JANUARY 1 2021 what do you think guys? ship out in november to december?

Raw & Inseam: My sense from the vote for Raw and Standard Inseam is that most people just want the standard model inseam length, just raw and not subject to a one wash treatment. Your offer of a free hem is very generous though.

Is having a blanket provision of standard inseam excluding the long-legged brethren and sisterhood? I know I was pretty clear what that vote choice meant in my response to Unders... (My personal interest is in retaining the original WH hem stitching and their standard inseam post-wash measurements seem basically the same as a 34" leg of a washed LVC which is hyper fine for me - and I stand a 6'2" so at the taller end of the group, but don't mind no break style - so I would be asking for standard model inseam length, just raw and not subject to a one wash treatment). Is there an interest for you to carry a longer inseam in Signet for the pairs outside the comp. here? 

The vote as it stands is currently (51 votes in...) over 70% in favour of standard inseam (and 76% in favour of raw) so it seems pretty conclusive?

I wonder if others would want to chime in on this in response to the number please as I clearly have a personal agenda? I am just the poll setter and feel out of my depth on this one as I feel like I would happily let my style choices/preferences override inclusiveness...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

On 4/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, wmb said:

34" post soak would work -- is that the standard WH length?  32 post soak would probably not work for me

32" / 82cm is the regular post soak figure for this model as the standard, yes: similar to a raw LVC 34" leg...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

@wmb

Fortunately the WH website has comprehensive measurements: https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=137031000

Albeit the competition pair are looking like they’ll be raw rather than one wash. I expect they will shrink to the one wash size(ish), but we should probably confirm that with Ed & Warehouse closer to the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys got an update WH production got pushed back due to this china virus.

delivery will be  early spring of 2021 guys

but i  need to put in the details now thank you!

4 hours ago, edmond said:

hi guys got an update WH production got pushed back due to this china virus.

Am I the only person who gets irritated by peasants who call coronavirus "China" virus?

20 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Am I the only person who gets irritated by peasants who call coronavirus "China" virus?

Honestly between shit like this and his odd support of our Head Cheeto in charge president I'm considering just getting a pair of the normal 25th anniversary jeans...