Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946

Warehouse Competition Poll (Part 2) - DD-1003xx / 1946  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Time to start competition

• Ready to go now
    • 3 months delay
    • 6 months delay
    • longer time needed for delay... (please specify within the comments)
  2. 2. Jeans condition

3. 3. Inseam

• Long Inseam
    • Standard (Warehouse) Inseam (82cm post wash)
  4. 4. Patch Request to Warehouse from their back catalogue - see https://www.instagram.com/p/B9v-k4DpZu1/

• '95-'96 (horses pulling jeans)
    • '96-98 (longhorn first version)
    • '98-2003 (the W - multiple variations exist... see http://jeanshanger.web.fc2.com/index.html for some iterations)
    • '04-'08 (longhorn second version)
    • '08-'13 patch (text)
    • current standard patch
  5. 5. Patch Question (Part 2)

• Standard Ink
    • Green Ink for Lot No.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/23/20 at 10:55 PM

Much discussed, details to clarify...

following on from this poll...

So here is the second poll for this...

Given the extra-ordinary COVID-19 related impacts to many of our lives since the initial poll in February here is the time to say if you are ready to go now or whether you need to delay... 

I also have put in some of the patch options discussed

and also raw vs. washed and longer inseam vs. standard warehouse inseam

the poll will close on 23.04.20 at 23.55 UK time

happy voting and stay sane people...

&&&

edit:

from questions so far:

to clarify - price will be in region of 340-355 USD (dependent on which continent Signet is delivering to)

vote for inseam length is standard WAREHOUSE inseam (82cm post wash) or longer inseam - if you have already voted on this but thought standard meant another number than 82cm post-wash please comment below to be in the 'longer inseam' tally 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

12 minutes ago, erockisalive said:

Voted. I'm in unless it's too rich for my blood. Unless I missed it, was any price point discussed?

As of now, here's the breakdown for the jeans itself. Shipping will be an extra 40 to USA, 45 to Europe, and 30 to Asia. 

@bartlebyyphonics

Quick clarifying question please. If I vote for a standard inseam am saying I don’t want the option of a longer inseam, or that there is an option of longer inseam but I’m ok with standard? 

I ask as I misinterpreted it in the first poll, selfishly voted for standard inseam and unwittingly excluded longer-legged sufu’ers. Don’t want to make the same mistake again. 

Edited by unders

4 hours ago, unders said:

@bartlebyyphonics

Quick clarifying question please. If I vote for a standard inseam am saying I don’t want the option of a longer inseam, or that there is an option of longer inseam but I’m ok with standard? 

I ask as I misinterpreted it in the first poll, selfishly voted for standard inseam and unwittingly excluded longer-legged sufu’ers. Don’t want to make the same mistake again. 

Good question: sorry I didn't sign-post clearly (again...)

I thought I meant: Standard Inseam is the standard Warehouse inseam (82cm after wash)  vs a longer inseam (which ed mentioned but didn't specify length) - I thought to add this question again as the majority had requested standard inseam in the first poll but wondering if there was confusion ... is there confusion again (if so, anyone who voted just now for 'standard inseam' who thought they were voting for an inseam of longer than 82cm post-wash - please say below in comments so number can be calculated accordingly...)

edit: to properly answer the question; as I understand the consequences:

to vote 'standard (warehouse) inseam' is to vote for all pairs having the standard inseam only (and not have longer inseam)

to vote 'longer inseam' is for all pairs to have a longer inseam and those who want a shorter leg (a mere wink of selvedge rather than a bucket) will need to hem...

Also: just to update, at time of this post (Apr 16) with poll open for less than 24 hours (and closing in 7 days), there have been 36 members voting (great turnout folks - there were 66 votes in the first poll to put in perspective, so waiting for around 20 to 30 more... I know Ed was hoping to get this wrapped quick to be able to confirm details with WH)

To clarify what is voted for so far

strong majority wanting raw, wanting '95-'96 horse pulling patch, wanting green text for lot no. (so thanks for all those, including @beautiful_FrEaK@Flash and @Broark, who put forward and chewed over those ideas)

if counting on options versus each other there is a tie between 'go now' and 'wait 6 months'...

but to look at overall numbers as of this first day vote; 64% (23 of the 36 voting) have requested delay (of various kinds that I put out there) ...

(is there anyone who voted for 3 month delay who would find 6 months wait objectionable / too long? If so please say so, otherwise I am inclined to put those numbers together in the final vote tally in solidarity with those who find themselves in difficult times... ) 

&&& I assumed too much awareness from voters of the previous thread for this vote, so most humbly;

Apologies again for not clarifying price (which was discussed in last poll - thanks @propellerbeanie for clarifying; to repeat Ed costed it up very transparently in the last poll thread: it will be around 340-355 USD (depending on where they are being sent to from Signet - if that you have already voted but this is a surprise to you and a deal breaker please clarify in comments below and your vote can be removed from any final tally)

And apologies again (and repeating my post above in reply to @unders ) - the standard inseam vote option I put above was (in my mind) standard warehouse inseam (around 82cm when washed according to warehouse online shop numbers for the '46) - I have changed the question now to clarify that...  if you voted for 'standard inseam' and thought you were voting for an inseam longer than standard warehouse inseam, please say below in comments so the final tally on that can be calculated accordingly... I know Ed is keen to go longer inseam as standard for the competition with hemming if needed for individual cases at Signet for 8 USD, I know some find that length to be fine and would want to keep the WH original hem)

Any more questions / comments for clarification please fire away and I'll see what I can do...

10 hours ago, propellerbeanie said:

... is a red tab without the red bar tack possible..?

lets ask @edmond to see what he thinks: I can't see any reason why we couldn't ask...

[but given unexpected turn of the copyright issues of the tcb 20s comp. I personally am hesitant to play too fast and loose with those boundaries again... things we can unstitch ourselves exist there for a reason? the duck digger series seem to be the ones who have best  repro back pocket designs hence my strong preference for them for this; I don't personally need anything different than what they already provide in that regard, but yes, Ed, what do you think?]

24 minutes ago, heyson said:

I voted. Can we get denim pocket bags?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think denim pocket bags are historically accurate. I think that's what we're going for with this pair.

@heyson not saying your post is ignorant, just saying that I thought we were shooting for some semblance of historical accuracy.
1003xx typically comes with olive herringbone pocket bags, but depends on the model year. I think the denim pocket bags have been used on some export versions of the 800.
These are the 1945 version.
d_digger_1003xx_r_p1.jpg

No worries! I think whatever we end up with will be a nice pair of jeans.
Here are some 46 examples from Marvin's. Green stamp, single sided tab.
dp1457-82.jpg
dp1457-4.jpg
dp1457-47.jpg
dp1457-48.jpg
dp345-3.jpg
dp345-6.jpg
And some earlier pairs (around 42) with flannel and herringbone pocket bags.
dp1510-9.jpg
dp1510-13.jpg
dp1598-7.jpg
dp1598-13.jpg

2 hours ago, Flash said:

There was none on my pair and it was just a standard dd1003xx , think it may have changed ???? Can't Say for sure 

thought you had been stitch unpick happy from your pic... 

[for others reference who haven't seen and for good over-view of the dd1003 '46: see flash's excellent post on pg.285 of the general warehouse thread... post made on feb 29th]

1 hour ago, fre-co said:

I voted and I'll be in for this. Thanks to the organisers and those putting in the hard work

Nice; good to have you and everyone else on board and many thanks to @edmond for making it happen and for all collective goodwill of voters and those on sidelines sharing collective knowledge and knowhow!

@heyson - bags were discussed in the last thread; different fabric not necessary for a '46 model - there was talk of flannel bags but I was under impression this was dissipated: I didn't put that in this vote to keep costs down and to keep the pair pared down; old wh patch (possibly with green text) seemed like the best request to make sf comp. specific twist... 

3 minutes ago, Broark said:

Here are some 46 examples from Marvin's. Green stamp, single sided tab.
dp1457-82.jpg
dp1457-4.jpg

^ colour me YES