Sign in to follow this  
canucklehead

Introducing HD Russell Boots, hand-made, custom builds

Posted (edited)

Sorry if this is not the best time to be posting. I've been trying to keep busy and decided to do what I can to help a friend who started a new business recently.

In the past year, I've been learning how to make my own boots. Some of you may have seen the engineer boots I recently completed. While I learned a lot online, I've also been lucky enough to have gotten a lot of advice and tips from a local (Vancouver, Canada) bootmaker who started his own business a few months ago. David has been in the business for over 30 years, working with other well-known manufacturers in this region. Instead of allowing other people to take credit for the quality of his work, he decided to start his own brand.

I'd like to introduce you to some of his work. The brand is HD Russell and everything he does is custom. Some details:

• Hand lasted, hand welted
  • All leather footbeds
  • stitch-down or Goodyear welt construction
  • customized lasts are available (including orthopaedic options)
  • Leather from Horween and Siedel
  • Vibram soles and heels (Catspaw heels are an option, with Dr. Sole in the future)

I've been able to secure a group discount if I can get about 20 pairs ordered. As everything is hand made, current delivery is about 6 weeks. If anyone is interested, please message me. Feel free to ask your questions!

5 primary styles: Chelsea, service, logger, short snoot (lower, squarer toe), harness (bulkier square toe, similar to Wesco harness in shape). Engineers to come.

HDRussell01.jpg

HDRussell02.jpg

HDRussell03.jpg

HDRussell04.jpg

HDRussell05.jpg

HDRussell06.jpg

HDRussell07.jpg

HDRussell08.jpg

HDRussell09.jpg

HDRussell10.jpg

Edited by canucklehead

Good looking boots, canucklehead, look well made, nice designs

Nice looking boots. 

I have to ask - the description say both hand welted GW and stitch-down - does he offer a choice of one or the other? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mpukas said:

Nice looking boots. 

I have to ask - the description say both hand welted GW and stitch-down - does he offer a choice of one or the other? 

To clarify, yes he does (I've corrected the description). It's one of the options he offers.

Edited by canucklehead

Posted (edited)

Here are the current leather options available for your custom boots!

HDRussellLeatherOptions.thumb.jpg.ef7532ef0ed0d1a3ac0be5bcf51da0aa.jpg

Edited by canucklehead