SupremeVirus+++++19CM, Vans

kiya

1 hour ago, chris_n said:

hi raihan

guess what i'm drinking right now, dude. B)

50 minutes ago, BAerts said:

Back to the smelly stuff -

legit on that mall shit Kiehls Musk Oil. Anything better that's actually utilitarian and not luxe? I'm tryna smell good for the fam while we're locked up.

hmm i would normally say "let me check the mall and get a sample" but ... i can't do that right now. :/ 

just reading the reviews, if its your classic animalic musk scent... i have been working on something similar lately. it's almost half the price of the kiehl's stuff and probably in a weirder/more unique fragrance direction, with some hits of cardamom and dry citrus (like smelling preserved lemons from one room over)

13 minutes ago, raihan said:

hmm i would normally say "let me check the mall and get a sample" but ... i can't do that right now. :/ 

just reading the reviews, if its your classic animalic musk scent... i have been working on something similar lately. it's almost half the price of the kiehl's stuff and probably in a weirder/more unique fragrance direction, with some hits of cardamom and dry citrus (like smelling preserved lemons from one room over)

Body odor adjacent? You're speaking my language.

5 hours ago, kiya said:

So... is now a good time to bring Sufu back?

Getting those old sufu feels back. Day 3 of official quarantine in Austin for me. Weird vibes. And just think, social distancing for me was just being on the service side of the bar. They boarded up all the bars here. I’m off until May as of now. 

Wow, it's all these names I recognize from when I occasionally go back and read the early pages of Superdenim threads! Fascinating.

I've been around here for like eight years now but I don't even almost feel like an old timer. I discovered raw denim 4-5 years too late for that. Pretty sure Sid is why I still have Stockholm Syndrome for sick Flat Head fades all these years later though.

I'm fortunately to have a nerd job that lets me work from home pretty much without issue.

amazing to wake up to see this thread. thanks kiya 

ok. so spaceship sufu is just temporarily flying through a fucking epic asteroid belt...
starboard engine blown to bits and extremely low on fuel. 
good to see everyone defrosting out of hypersleep.

Going through the pages of this thread I've just realized how many of you fuckers we've hired at Self Edge over the past 14 years.  

1 hour ago, conqueror said:

has INTERPOL caught drew/dismalfuture yet?

Oh wow, what a can of worms...

You seen the last few pages of this thread?

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/toj-updates-on-the-debacle-complaints-news-about-other-ventures-whatever.217855/page-3659#post-10095558

in this crazy time where we don’t know what’s going to happen in the world, it’s kind nice knowing that no matter what happens, people will always ask where drew is and drew will always be one restaurant ahead of everyone. 

12 hours ago, kiya said:

Going through the pages of this thread I've just realized how many of you fuckers we've hired at Self Edge over the past 14 years.  

Had to get the jawnz SOMEHOW SOME WAY

16 hours ago, kiya said:

4 hours ago, BAerts said:

Had to get the jawnz SOMEHOW SOME WAY

I gotta say---I'm still coming to terms with the cognitive dissonance that comes with being part of the current SE rotation, who have to explain DRKSHDW to the usual clientele.

Anyone else ever have to explain who Rick Owens is in the wild at some point in the past 10+ years?

Edited by neptunecitylocal

14 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

i especially love explaining Rick Owens to someone who comes in with the working knowledge that all jeans are called Levi’s.

I'd love some Rick Owens Dungarees

5 hours ago, rirawin said:

Word.

Got married, bought a house, re-homed a rescue dog and named him Nemo

Whow, haven't heard from you in YEARS... good to see you here again. 

We should start a quarantine WAYWT here, curious what you all you fuckers look like these days..