CORONA LOCKDOWNS

edmond

Look on the brightside.. if dingos start social distancing the infant mortality rate will drop, is Oz prepared for this spike in population growth?

Generally speaking we don't give a shit about Tom Hanks over here or any members of our emergency services, caring professions or teachers but if a footballer or a football manager shows signs of Corona then fuck me, that's headline news.
Edited by Double 0 Soul

15 minutes ago, kicks79 said:

@SSchadenfreude Seems like the WHO advice was upgraded in the last few days. They have changed their stance from dogs and cats cannot get corona, to whilst it may be possible for them to get it, they cannot spread it to humans.

The already made a Romper Stomper tv series and it was terrible. 

convenient yeah?

anyway i never said that they said that the virus could be transferred from feline/canine to humans.  it does suck that our pets can get it, and i was wondering if a couple of indigenous animals in australia could get corona as well.

your opinion of the romper stomper tv series doesn't matter in the slightest in regards to the hypothetical sequel i proposed.  the tv series wasn't a direct sequel. no hando (would be resurrected), no davey, no og crew.  i'm positive if i got the funding i could make a great romper stomper 2.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

23 hours ago, tg76 said:

yup, but a few orcs got in.

only when this orcish bacillus infecting the life of peoples has been removed can one hope to establish a co-operation amongst the middle earth which shall be built up on a lasting understanding

And just like that. No more work for the foreseeable future. Working a “gig economy” type job is tough right now. I work as a freelance film maker in the states and everything I had scheduled April and beyond is cancelled. Hope you’re all holding up. 

8 hours ago, cmboland said:

And just like that. No more work for the foreseeable future. Working a “gig economy” type job is tough right now. I work as a freelance film maker in the states and everything I had scheduled April and beyond is cancelled. Hope you’re all holding up. 

How do we just willingly give up or rights everytime the gubment says there is a boogeyman. This whole social distancing thing is saying we don't give a f$#@ about your first amendment rights and we are going to destroy your livelihood at the same time. Oh how Americans have fallen.

Edited by Radiohead89

11 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Fuck, you really don’t have a lot going for you, do you bud

Oh I just think for myself and criticize my government who is destroying peoples lives right now that's it.

Edited by Radiohead89

10 hours ago, cmboland said:

... Hope you’re all holding up. 

Nice to see you back here CMB, even under such strange circumstances. 

Well... I'm just sharing personal experiences, so if this isn't of interest, please ignore. 

I'm an architect. I'm a single person practice with a home office. I do a variety of residential work from new custom homes to reno's and additions, and some small boutique hotel work in Belize. While the general construction environment in my area has been strong and growing for the past several years, my work load is always up and down. Not usual for the industry, tho. I have a couple of new small renovation projects just starting that are going through the design phase, and then pause in a couple of months to re-evaluate the world. Beyond that, I have nothing lined up and no idea what new project starts are going to be like... 

I've been in the Vail area, Eagle County, CO area for 21 years. We're becoming one of the hardest hit counties in the country. There are people from all over the world that come here year round, not just in the winter for skiing. Our hospital has 56 beds. There are many confirmed cases, and the hospital director released a statement saying there are easily 100's if not 1000's of people infected, but not tested. Because we're at 8,000' +/- altitude, many elderly people are already respiratory challenged and have been transferred to Denver. The State has ordered all CO ski resorts to close a week ago. Some Central and South American countries have already closed their borders, so about a week ago there was a mass exodus of seasonal J1 and H2B visa workers. In general, everyone in the area is being compliant with social distancing, etc. We are all seeing first hand the effects, and doing what we can to help to medical community keep up with those in need. Everything came to a grinding halt very quickly. 

And on another note... I had to have a surgery 10 days ago. I've had both hips replaced, 3 and 4 years ago. The 2nd one never full recovered due to fluid build-up in the tissue around the joint, but not in the joint. I'm recovering well, but my leg is very swollen down to my foot. and, I have to have a PICC line in my arm for 6 weeks of daily IV anti-biotics. No slim-fitting TFH jeans and western shirts for me for another 5 1/2 weeks. It's gym shorts, compression socks,  and baggy t-shirts and hoodies for now. :angry: I was in the hospital last week when operations were really ramping up and starting to get crazy. I was lucky to get out of there the day after, and not have to stay an extra day and further risk getting exposed. 

Friday afternoon, boss told us 25% percent pay cut across the board (company wide), but the good news: "our business unit will survive" -- but how long, no one knows. Amazing how fast it all turned to shit.

I feel fortunate all things considered but ask me again in 2-3 months. Anyway, if it's any consolation...and I think it is...the pain is pretty much universal. Ain't nobody except epidemiologists thinking this is a good thing. 

4 hours ago, Radiohead89 said:

How do we just willingly give up or rights everytime the gubment says there is a boogeyman. This whole social distancing thing is saying we don't give a f$#@ about your first amendment rights and we are going to destroy your livelihood at the same time. Oh how Americans have fallen.

Twat. 

1 hour ago, unders said:

Twat. 

Thanks for this. Every now and then he spouts some conspiracy theory bullshit and it’s played out. Couldn’t have said it better myself. 

2 hours ago, peter1 said:

Friday afternoon, boss told us 25% percent pay cut across the board (company wide), but the good news: "our business unit will survive" -- but how long, no one knows. Amazing how fast it all turned to shit.

I feel fortunate all things considered but ask me again in 2-3 months. Anyway, if it's any consolation...and I think it is...the pain is pretty much universal. Ain't nobody except epidemiologists thinking this is a good thing. 

Economic progress, in capitalist society, means turmoil. You should never waste a good recession ... :mellow2:

No lockdown yet here in Taiwan as we’ve been handling the virus better than most countries so far. Almost all our recent cases are people returning from vacations/studying abroad, which has people asking for the borders to be completely closed, even to citizens. Foreign travelers are already banned from entering. People here are already in the habit of wearing face masks and are not touchy feely, plus they dealt with SARS here pretty badly so those have worked out to prepare us for this. 

I’m more concerned for you guys in the US, Europe, ANZ, etc than I am for us here.

Edited by Iron Horse

14 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Economic progress, in capitalist society, means turmoil. You should never waste a good recession ... :mellow2:

that is true. but even the CCP is getting it good right now. 

I was talking to a buy-side analyst the other day who almost convinced me that that a banking crisis like Lehman Bros was much worse than a natural-event driven one like Covid-19. 

Ideally I'd be an artist with a home studio and 200k euros in the bank...

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BWHNQn4jH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqS-mconfQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFI1OMnw_lI

Giving things another perspective Its obvious they want you take the vaccine. To understand what's going on you have to ask who benefits from this. they are using the fear to bring in a cashless society with a one world government. “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act”

I'm posting a follow-up to my above post. Eagle County, CO, and CO in general, hasn't been hit nearly as hard as other parts of the US. As of 04/01, CO has had 3,342 positive cases, and 80 deaths. Eagle County has had 4 deaths, don't know how many cases positive. 3 of them were men, mid 60's to 80's, all with serious underlying health conditions. The other was a man in his 40's, not sure of his health. I knew him, not well, but did know his wife well. They had 3 children together. Very, very sad. 

State wide, things are shut down as they are everywhere. The State has determined that construction is an essential business, and can continue with safe distance practices. Some of our larger, higher end GC's have laid of at least 50% of their staff. Each County can adopt strictly rules that the State, and Pitkin County, where Aspen is, has stopped work on construction sites. Eagle County has not (currently). However, some sub-contractors are not showing up to job sites if there are other crews present.

On 3/21/2020 at 3:21 PM, Broark said:

Thanks for this. Every now and then he spouts some conspiracy theory bullshit and it’s played out. Couldn’t have said it better myself. 

Quit being such a whiny faggot.

Edited by Radiohead89

I don’t know what to do.  Should I rep radiohead for dropping the f bomb on this shit after years of f-bomb persecution from Sufu mods or should I neg for him 4 writing faggotry?

Edited by SSchadenfreude