CORONA LOCKDOWNS

edmond

8 minutes ago, edmond said:

arent you guys on quarantine???

I am for sure Ed. How's the situation in Philipines? Here's unreal, the whole country is lockdown. We go out only to buy groceries or for health emergencies. Stay healthy people. Time for a sweatpants contest!

11 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

It's like '28 Days Later' but the media are trying to keep a lid on things by downplaying events.

I hope UK will arrange safety procedures soon. I have a friend who works in Covent Garden Orchestra and he just said that yesterday they played for an audience of 2500 people...

All schools, daycare, and universities in France are closed starting Monday. This pandemic is going to be a disaster. I'm shocked that the UK and the US are not reacting more aggressively (although to be fair to the US a lot of organisations are taking action on their own. Large tech companies moved to work from home last week, and large universities also took action starting week before last.)

I don't think you can minimize the potential effects of this. The rate of infection is probably over 50 percent by now in Iran, which would mean 40 million people. The problem is that many if not most of those infected have no or minimal symptoms. At some point in the next year or so everyone will get it; just hoping we can slow the spread so as to not overwhelm heath care...

Anyway, to keep this on track, breaking in my almost new TCB Type II while I self quarantine in my home office...

3 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

It's like '28 Days Later' but the media are trying to keep a lid on things by downplaying events.

Fuck man you are right fuck it hope this ends soon 

4 hours ago, peter1 said:

I don't think you can minimize the potential effects of this. The rate of infection is probably over 50 percent by now in Iran, which would mean 40 million people. The problem is that many if not most of those infected have no or minimal symptoms. At some point in the next year or so everyone will get it; just hoping we can slow the spread so as to not overwhelm heath care...

Agreed, hopefully a vaccine will help prevent reinfection rates, i'm probably affected a bit less than some of y'all, i avoid crowds anyhow, i cycle to work, work on my own and cycle home, i never use public transport, ive never even been in a coffee shop... sometimes weeks can pass and the only folks i see are my mrs and kid so regarding self isolation.. ive been doing it for years.

Hold tight and think about all the jeans we can buy with the fat compensation cheques we'll receive from the Chinese government...

Edited by Double 0 Soul

6 hours ago, JDelage said:

I've read worrying things about Japan. They're not closing schools and they're not cancelling the Olympics so far.

schools have been closed bruh.

cancelling the olympics would fuck the economy even more.

The way this is going it's already impacting everyone to different degrees everywhere. superfuture has already been whacked pretty badly over the past few months with travel cancellations [we were supposed to be managing a huge event in Tokyo in May that got dumped a month ago]. This past week we have had a total of only [3]!! orders for ALL our superguides - which is basically a direct nuclear hit and means superfuture will soon be financed by my AMEX.

Here at base in Sydney, people have been either freaking out hoarding pasta, brawling in the aisles over toilet paper, or still completely oblivious and in denial. It's a balance between keeping businesses running and people separated. I'm semi bunkered in from this weekend in self isolation as I don't entirely trust the official line which still says everything is fine [this week]. Anyway... I think we'd all prefer to continue to keep supertalk a politics and pandemic free zone, but maybe we should create a separate thread - as this is going to dominate over the next 6 months whether we like it or not. It might be a useful collective thread for everyone on supertalk. Thoughts?

37 minutes ago, superfuture said:

Here at base in Sydney, people have been either freaking out hoarding pasta and toilet paper or still completely oblivious and in denial. It's a balance between keeping businesses running and people separated. I'm semi bunkered in from this weekend in self isolation as I don't trust the official line which still says everything is fine [this week]. Anyway... I think we'd all prefer to continue to keep supertalk a politics and pandemic free zone, but maybe we should create a separate thread - as this is going to dominate over the next 6 months whether we like it or not. It might be a useful collective thread for everyone on supertalk. Thoughts?

is tom hanks okay? he's like a national treasure in the usa i think.  bachelor party, big, turner and hooch, bro don't get me started! 

we should make romper stomper 2 in light of what's happening down under there. we could collab on the script.  it's been reported that cats and dogs can get the coronavirus.  any news down there if kangaroos and dingos are susceptible as well? i know u in australia, but did nz close the shire down?

Edited by SSchadenfreude

1 hour ago, SSchadenfreude said:

is tom hanks okay? he's like a national treasure in the usa i think.  bachelor party, big, turner and hooch, bro don't get me started! 

we should make romper stomper 2 in light of what's happening down under there. we could collab on the script.  it's been reported that cats and dogs can get the coronavirus.  any news down there if kangaroos and dingos are susceptible as well? i know u in australia, but did nz close the shire down?

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit and stay level headed though prepared. My theory is if you are going to get it its best to get it earlier than later - so Tom should be fine Hanks. Dogs and cats and kangaroos who knows unless you're sleeping with one. Yeh this year we already spent half of jan and feb asphyxiated from toxic smoke... so sort of used to the stay in the bunker drill now. Actually Romper Stomper was set in my hometown so know it well. NZ i know zero about - you need to ask your old pal Haptronic... 

7 hours ago, SSchadenfreude said:

schools have been closed bruh.

cancelling the olympics would fuck the economy even more.

Thanks for correcting me. WRT the Olympics, I suspect they will have to cancel them, but we'll see. Let's hope it becomes completely unnecessary.

43 minutes ago, superfuture said:

My theory is if you are going to get it its best to get it earlier than later

This is exactly opposite to what I've read. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to get a spot in ICU if it becomes necessary, not to mention ventilators. Our ICU / ventilator capacity will be saturated in the next few days in Europe & the US. Also, the longer you wait the more likely we are to have a good drug / medical care protocole. Of course Tom Hanks is a VIP and will be fine no matter what but not so the rest of us.

A separate thread would be good.

@kicks79 @JDelage specifically referring to Australia - and Tom Hanks - where the ICUs are not yet overrun. Obviously better not to get at all or the later the better. Hoping the other countries who get on top of it first send all that medical equipment onto the next countries like I think China is just starting to do with Italy. Hopefully that Italian lockdown is making a difference too. 

Starting this new CORONA LOCKDOWNS thread and will be moving other posts that have started on other threads so we can keep the discussions on topic. All calm here at sufu mission control but this is gonna be a bumpy ride for some of us. Stay safe everyone.

• superfuture changed the title to CORONA LOCKDOWNS
3 hours ago, superfuture said:

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit and stay level headed though prepared. My theory is if you are going to get it its best to get it earlier than later - so Tom should be fine Hanks. Dogs and cats and kangaroos who knows unless you're sleeping with one. Yeh this year we already spent half of jan and feb asphyxiated from toxic smoke... so sort of used to the stay in the bunker drill now. Actually Romper Stomper was set in my hometown so know it well. NZ i know zero about - you need to ask your old pal Haptronic... 

Probably better to get it later when more research has been done and more data has been extrapolated.  Get it when there’s a vaccine if possible.

romper stomper 2: plague of the yellow menace

hap ded bro

Edited by SSchadenfreude

3 hours ago, kicks79 said:

@SSchadenfreude Why is Romper Stomper relevant at all? Cats and dogs cannot get coronavirus. 

@superfuture

Cause I think that in light of the corona situation, anti yellow sentiment and paranoia, that conceptually Hando and Davey and crew’s coming back to defend Aussie land from the yellow menace’s plague would be most entertaining and lucrative.

bro cats and dogs can get that shit

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/quarantine-cat-disinfect-dog-latest-advice-about-coronavirus-and-your-pets

Edited by SSchadenfreude