• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. WWII Ranch Pant

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Ooms' Cant Bust Em Wild Card

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. To Customise or Not, That is the question...

• Ed to please explore options (and costs) with WH re: customised pockets/patch
    • Go for standard pair as bulk order
  9. 9. Request Optional Longer inseam

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Rite Stuff shirt issues as part of the competition thread

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/20 at 11:55 PM

14 minutes ago, Broark said:

One idea to differentiate the patch (and probably wouldn't take much time/money): green stamped lettering.
My knowledge of the specifics of this isn't too deep, so maybe someone else could chime in on the historical accuracy.
Here's the green lettering used on the Sugar Cane Junky Special '46 jeans. I've seen it on vintage Levi's but my Google-fu isn't working very well.

If you dig up the old Devi's, DenimProject thread, i think you'll find some info regarding green stamp there.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

The jeans-pulling-a-horse patch has always been one of my favorites, and would be a huge plus for me. I don't feel the need to have anything SuFu-specific anywhere on it, and would probably prefer if the jeans didn't explicitly reference the contest in any way, but this isn't a strong preference and some reference definitely wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Honestly, I'm mostly in it for the possibility of Warehouse jeans with a longer inseam, and I'm not too fussed about the particular details (at least now that we seem to have settled on going with one of the Duck Digger repro-esque models). At this point it's seeming likely that I'll be happy with wherever we end up—of course, I Trash Repped anyhow just to be safe.

The old Devis thread was great , but I think most of the pics are dead now  

the Green stamping was only seen for a few years , maybe 46-47.... well that’s the only years I’ve seen it on , could have been used up to the late 40’s ? 

I found a pair of Devi's on Yahoo a couple years back, missed out on them.
I think the green stamp would be cool, I've seen it on some Warehouse Junky Style jeans so it's possible.

3 minutes ago, Broark said:

I found a pair of Devi's on Yahoo a couple years back, missed out on them.
I think the green stamp would be cool, I've seen it on some Warehouse Junky Style jeans so it's possible.

One of my biggest regrets as far as denim is concerned was not buying the 46 Devis 

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

One of my biggest regrets as far as denim is concerned was not buying the 46 Devis 

Wonder what happened to the guy/guys behind Denim Project. This started a little before my time, but I've looked through that thread before.

we can delay if everyone is on the ropes on it . we can  start pre ordering maybe 3 months from now?

we have not decided on anything yet except the brand ,

if anyone has something to chime in now is the time i think we need another poll? or no?

7 hours ago, Flash said:

The old Devis thread was great , but I think most of the pics are dead now  

the Green stamping was only seen for a few years , maybe 46-47.... well that’s the only years I’ve seen it on , could have been used up to the late 40’s ? 

Was the "green stamp" not simply caused by some faulty ink which turned green after some time (years)? So it was black to begin with but turned green and therefore you see the green letters on the vintage pairs.

And damn...new Avatar, eh?

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Was the "green stamp" not simply caused by some faulty ink which turned green after some time (years)? So it was black to begin with but turned green and therefore you see the green letters on the vintage pairs.

And damn...new Avatar, eh?

Yeah , no doubt the green was due to oxidation 

Felt like a bit of a change 

2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

It was probably India ink (or an ink which contains copper nitrate) it looks black but it's actually very, very dark green, as the pigment breaks down over time the 'black' turns green, Just like the forearm tattoos of old sailors or fairground strongmen of the 1940's

Edited by Double 0 Soul

On 4/7/2020 at 6:55 PM, MJF9 said:

OK I’m in – assuming we have enough people to make a collective fist of it 

It seems it’s with the blessing of those who aren't in this time round, this helps

I agree with the chaps above - if it’s game on, let’s move quick, avoiding stuff that injects time

Provided not causing a delay and not costly, I don't have an issue with @edmond asking WH about period-correct pocket bags – agree with @Broark this would be a bonus feature but not a breaker at all

@bartlebyyphonics time for a quick 3 question poll? Along the lines of...  

1)      Confirmed participants – names needed… then only those voting yes to answer the next 2 

2)      Preferred patch (options as above)

3)      Period-correct pocket bags (provided no delay, not costly)? 

Promises to be a welcome distraction... consider yourself Trashrep'd @bartlebyyphonics!!

17 hours ago, edmond said:

we can delay if everyone is on the ropes on it . we can  start pre ordering maybe 3 months from now?

we have not decided on anything yet except the brand ,

if anyone has something to chime in now is the time i think we need another poll? or no?

14 hours ago, edmond said:

well hold the pre order until everyone is ready we are willing to wait  dont worry

sounds good. good to know a delay is possible if that would help people out some.

seems like another poll is brewing...

discussion on patch request seems really promising; IMO '95-96 or longhorn patch with green ink for model number (and no special contest text) seems really good solution from my perspective; no design work needed; hopefully WH has everything on file...

with my attempt to test the waters via the rep system yesterday there were only 4 respondents: 1 wanting poll on time, three saying get on with it with 95-96 design; but the numbers of sufu-ers reporting in that they are on hold because of finance may be tip of an iceberg (this April is so very different from February... thanks corona-chan!)

as @edmond says; would be a good time if anyone has anything else to put forward, otherwise I am happy to set up a new poll as per @MJF9's specs above in 48hrs time...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics