• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. WWII Ranch Pant

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Ooms' Cant Bust Em Wild Card

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. To Customise or Not, That is the question...

• Ed to please explore options (and costs) with WH re: customised pockets/patch
    • Go for standard pair as bulk order
  9. 9. Request Optional Longer inseam

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Rite Stuff shirt issues as part of the competition thread

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/20 at 11:55 PM

With being laid off for who knows how long I won’t be able to justify any clothing purchases. Was really looking forward to this. Have fun all! 

Price

is 310 usd  plus shipping and fees 

hemming is 8 dollars

shipping to

Fedex or dhl 

we can undervalue and put in an invoice undervalued too 

usa  40

europe 45

asia 30

longer inseam

not a problem peeps well order long inseam standard 

heres the cost breakdonw

jean are  29,700 yen

plus shipping to   manila  1,500yen 

taxes when it arrives in manila + 2,200 yen  ( 1,050 pesos)

total of + 33,400 yen = 308.79 usd

+

Plus shipping to anywhere else.

so i dont think its expensive i think its fair. as for the shipping abroad those are estimates it can go down or up  so you guys can get an idea

Price makes sense given the fact that the jeans have to go to Manila first. Small premium over a normal pair of the 1946's.
Can we order a pair with the normal inseam length? I'd prefer to have the WH original hem personally and their normal inseam length is perfect for me.

3 hours ago, Broark said:

Price makes sense given the fact that the jeans have to go to Manila first. Small premium over a normal pair of the 1946's.
Can we order a pair with the normal inseam length? I'd prefer to have the WH original hem personally and their normal inseam length is perfect for me.

sorry for my ignorance but what would that inseam be?  If 36" that would work for me

Normal post wash inseam for the previous 1946 model is ~32 in.
My other question is if Warehouse is doing their own 25th anniversary 46 model what is going to set these apart from that model?
I know we're talking about a custom patch, but I'd hope we'd also get some interesting pocket bags or something else to make them special.
Just thinking out loud here.

A custom patch and special pocket bags would be a nice touch to set it apart from the regular '46s. I reckon a red tab without the red bar tack would also be a good idea because it tends to be something people unpick anyway (and it'll save the tab from getting easily wrecked in the wash)! I'll be watching the contest from the sidelines since I'm trying to cut down on the number of pairs I already have.

thanks for the break down @edmond - appreciated

now the collective intake of breath is taken in terms of the price; what stage next? a poll to decide what patch wanted?

1. standard patch, no change

2. 95-96 period (with 'superfuture contest 2020' somewhere) - /my preferred option/

3. 95-96 period without additional text

4. etc. you get my drift... (ie repro of existing patches /longhorn - 2 variations, the W, the current text-only patch design/ that @beautiful_FrEaK posted on previous page- inc. the warren design that @Maynard Friedman suggested also - with or without some contest text [which I feel would be better added by wh design team... but will they want to take on that design job?])

a custom patch means nothing if we don't have a design to supply... from the lack of response there doesn't seem to be anyone forthcoming to supply one? (not surprising as everyone is stuck indoors) 

pocket bags don't seem to be on the table...

in terms of inseam length I see no problems with standard everything (length and patch) and using this as an opportunity merely for mass delivery of same jeans to everyone at once...

wanting 'special-special' requires design input that requires real thought and with @edmond imposing two week deadline from a couple of days back the clock is ticking a little faster than an organic happening will provide... [very happy to be proved wrong!]

also: possible to vote on raw or washed?

also: competition length, jury and prize... anyone have thoughts?

(thought: 18 months, signet store as jury, what prize beyond internet points?)

imo is contest more important for collective wearing than special tweaks to design? (or asking wh to design something: ie to embellish an existing patch...)

thoughts?

& just wanted to say this is a really tough time for so many people it seems a real pity to start when those who have given so much to the community cannot afford to join in, but it looks like situations won't change financially for many months [any thoughts on ironing out the details now and postponing until some key regulars can weather the current financial storm?]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics