• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. WWII Ranch Pant

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Ooms' Cant Bust Em Wild Card

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. To Customise or Not, That is the question...

• Ed to please explore options (and costs) with WH re: customised pockets/patch
    • Go for standard pair as bulk order
  9. 9. Request Optional Longer inseam

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Rite Stuff shirt issues as part of the competition thread

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/20 at 11:55 PM

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, edmond said:

WE ARE A GO FOR THE WH CONTEST  WE NEED TO CHOOSE FROM CORE CUTS AND FABRIC

I SUGGEST THE DD 1946

SPECIAL PATCH  OF COURSE

Nice! thanks @edmond!!

1 hour ago, propellerbeanie said:

Can I speak for everyone and say 1946? :D

taking the liberty of quoting above from warehouse thread...

I would say that is what the vote decided;

we collectively decided '46 

we asked

... and what Ed has come back with is exactly that

---- availability of the '46 with new WWII denim and a special patch ... I think the only thing we need to discuss is raw or one-wash... 

1699B7BB-74C8-425B-AD7D-2386388DD0E4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, edmond said:

longer inseam

not a problem at all

that is good news. guessing that will be on request of specific individuals? seeing question 9 in the poll above; majority seemed to be happy with standard inseam...

On 6/2/2017 at 10:37 AM, volvo240thebest said:

The patch was designed by the wife of one of my best friends. I work with her very often for concert posters and CD design. She's great.

I gave her some basic infos (do a Levi's inspired patch, and 'every pair not guaranteed') and she did everything else including drawing the cats. She also used some 20s inspired fonts. The initial design had a nut cracker slim tapered Jean silhouette, then we changed to a loose fit and if you look into the image you'll see the Jean has even suspender buttons.

so people: we want our own patch; who do we know who can design one? 

who have people worked with? (as posted above; Volvo threw his heart, soul and contact book into the previous competition: bless you sir!) who owes who a favour or can be paid in sufu-rep points?

wondering if we begin this by:

collecting thoughts on best patches from denim history? [happy co-incidence that @Duke Mantee has started the label's thread...]

collecting thoughts on what defines a sufu comp. in these interesting times...

in particular; a thought: warehouse aficionados phps post up your favourite warehouse patches here to create a design data-base that can be reworked / developed?

design by committee is a nightmare; but as this has all started from voting and collective-choice; wondering how to get this aspect to fruition? we voted for customisation; we have 'special patch' privileges, what do we do with them? how to navigate this abyss of freedom...

[do we want something as simple as the standard '46 patch with 'superfuture competition 2020' added in...] 

not going to be a quick path this one; so very happy if some-one has a lightning bolt solution [that fits...]

edit: quoting myself from feb 10th to clarify I have no hidden agenda on patches... [for full transparency, I voted: '46, no customisation, no longer inseam, yes rite stuff; keeping it simples]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

'95-'96 patch has always been one of my all time favorites, if we could pull that off it would be pretty awesome.
Also I'm still all for flannel pocket bags if that's on the table. :D

Edited by Broark

1 hour ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

i can ask and see if she's up to do another patch if you guys want. a minimal economic contribution must be taken in consideration though.

at the moment I just don't feel like spending money in pants. I have no perspective on my job, I have no idea when I will be able to start again working, therefore buying new jeans it's really not in the list.  thank goodness I have a massive pile of unfaded jeans to go through haha

Could consider something like this, but in leather and change the word ‘Warren’ to something more relevant to the contest, perhaps even amend the words ‘Cattle Drive’ too?

I think Warehouse used a leather version for the second incarnation of the Warren.

C673AA45-900F-4C73-B237-90E440B99EC8.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman