Broark

WAYWT 2020 (Denim Edition)

Posted (edited)

Ooopsie! Wrong thread.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Acclimatisation or not surely can't be comfortable /practical wearing leather jackets in those temp? Asking as I'm a brit and it's entirely feasible to be experience every weather front going in a 24 hour period!

And very true on the SE Asia guys in denim. They are rocking head to toe iron heart, denim shirts and boots in BKK summer 40 degrees and high humidity!  I'm struggling in shorts and a vest.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Geeman said:

Acclimatisation or not surely can't be comfortable /practical wearing leather jackets in those temp? Asking as I'm a brit and it's entirely feasible to be experience every weather front going in a 24 hour period!

And very true on the SE Asia guys in denim. They are rocking head to toe iron heart, denim shirts and boots in BKK summer 40 degrees and high humidity!  I'm struggling in shorts and a vest.

Well I only wear the leather jackets up to 69/70F and if it's that warm, I just wear a t shirt underneath. It is actually comfortable to me.

For example, on Saturday it was cool enough in the evening to wear a leather jacket so I wore one on my walk in 69/70F weather. Today, I wore only a t shirt on my walk in 80F and I felt like I could have used a light jacket when I was in the shade. I just like wearing jackets. I always have. When I was in middle school, I wore a zip sweatshirt all year long at school.

Saturday:

746PS1f.jpg?1

Art Fawcett hat

Kapital bandana

Freewheelers jacket

Stevenson T

WFG belt

Blue Blanket trousers

Viberg x Division Road boots

Edited by dudewuttheheck

@dudewuttheheck that is jacket, belt, boot coordination exemplified 

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

@dudewuttheheck that is jacket, belt, boot coordination exemplified 

Thanks! I do love to match my leathers :) I'm firmly in the camp that doesn't wear black boots with brown leather jackets and visa-versa. 

33 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Thanks! I do love to match my leathers :) I'm firmly in the camp that doesn't wear black boots with brown leather jackets and visa-versa. 

Agree with Geeman here

Do you ever have your trousers tailored or do you just cuff as per your jeans?

Just now, Duke Mantee said:

Agree with Geeman here

Do you ever have your trousers tailored or do you just cuff as per your jeans?

When you say tailored do you mean tapered or do you mean shortened?

I don't taper them, but I nearly always have my jeans and trousers hemmed. 

What I usually do is hem them to around 29" and then cuff them so there is no break. These still need to be hemmed. Right now, I'm triple cuffing them and they're still too long for my liking.

Just now, dudewuttheheck said:

When you say tailored do you mean tapered or do you mean shortened?

I don't taper them, but I nearly always have my jeans and trousers hemmed. 

What I usually do is hem them to around 29" and then cuff them so there is no break. These still need to be hemmed. Right now, I'm triple cuffing them and they're still too long for my liking.

Sorry, yes shortened

Those look good but it raised the question what your approach was

1 minute ago, Duke Mantee said:

Sorry, yes shortened

Those look good but it raised the question what your approach was

Yeah, these definitely need to be hemmed. They're in that spot in which they are longer than I would like, but are still wearable. 

SDA jacket & pants, Kapital bandana, WH shirt

42717A0F-D95F-4B27-B5CF-5C353FE5CA1C.jpeg

The smartest German orange juice maker I know B)! Boysmarket dude would approve this too.

^and the only one?!
Also, don't forget the delicious apple, blackcurrant, sourcherry, rhubarb, etc. juice ... :D

I am a grapefruit juice guy

last 3 pics: small, medium, and large cuff

anyone got an XL?

unders, the way you cuff the jeans remembering me to my cycling era. kinda miss it!

Lads, sorry for offtopicing but would anyone recommend me a good brand polo shirt?

I saw HH look cool but don’t know if “everyone” is wearing them. I don’t want the Fred Perry or Lacoste or RL type of brand

John Smedley or Sunspel.

1 hour ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

Lads, sorry for offtopicing but would anyone recommend me a good brand polo shirt?

I saw HH look cool but don’t know if “everyone” is wearing them. I don’t want the Fred Perry or Lacoste or RL type of brand

UES and Samurai make indigo polos if it's something you're into. (My Lacostes are the most comfortable polos I've ever had though...)

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

UES and Samurai make indigo polos if it's something you're into. (My Lacostes are the most comfortable polos I've ever had though...)

Lacoste are too thick for the summer but yeah theyr a safe purchase if you are buying online.

thanks

Mister Freedom makes polos.  And Trophy Denim started making polos.