WAYWT 2020 [denim edition]

Broark

48 minutes ago, 81611 said:

@Broark I don’t know how you wear jeans in that heat. Anything over 75 I need shorts. You’re a real trooper. Keep up the good work.

It’s definitely something you just get used to over time. And loose cuts make it easier!

2 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

We have a reading here (in Gloucestershire) of 95 degrees  today so l can sympathise with you mate. 

We had crazy storms in the night, probably the worst ive seen in the UK.. i got up at 2.30am to watch the lightening and sandbag the cellar.. got to work at 6am and my workshop was flooded yet again so ive spent the day shoveling wood shavings onto the flood water to soak it up, got home and pumped out the cellar, great in 34° heat!

Fucking climate change! i might have to import some jeans from Japan to cheer me up ;)

On 8/12/2020 at 9:35 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

We had crazy storms in the night, probably the worst ive seen in the UK.. i got up at 2.30am to watch the lightening and sandbag the cellar.. got to work at 6am and my workshop was flooded yet again so ive spent the day shoveling wood shavings onto the flood water to soak it up, got home and pumped out the cellar, great in 34° heat!

Fucking climate change! i might have to import some jeans from Japan to cheer me up ;)

yup

the (used to be old drizzling old smoke) london has been 1 degree south of Rome temperatures this week ffs...

denim a distant memory in a world with these temps without air-con...

hope yr workshop and house foundations made/make it out ok!

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

On 8/12/2020 at 1:50 PM, 81611 said:

@Broark I don’t know how you wear jeans in that heat. Anything over 75 I need shorts. You’re a real trooper. Keep up the good work.

Lol, if I went by this, I would only wear jeans about 6 days a year.  Almost 100 today and chillin in my OOE 02’s.  

12 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

yup

the (used to be old drizzling old smoke) london has been 1 degree south of Rome temperatures this week ffs...

denim a distant memory in a world with these temps without air-con...

hope yr workshop and house foundations made/make it out ok!

The house is fine, it's an old Victorian cellar with no damp course so the water just drains away, there are a lot of underground streams nr us so some folks have standing water in their cellars, ours is pretty dry in comparison, apparently Fullwood comes from the Ye'Olde English foulwood so it would have been swampland at some point.

Work on the other hand.. my landlord had all the flashing replaced around 15yrs ago and within weeks some dirtbags nicked it, trashing the asbestos guttering when they climbed up so it floods all the flippin time:angry: he won't replace it again because when he bought the building in the 90's he had the opportunity to buy the lease for £12,000, chose not to because it only cost a couple of £100/yr and it was on a very run down industrial estate, fast fwd to now it's it's prime real estate in the middle of student-ville, the Church Burgess trust won't even consider selling the lease so in effect he owns the building but not the land so in 32yrs time the ownership reverts back to Church Burgess, they could even force him to remove his building from their land at his cost so there goes his little retirement nestegg...

15 hours ago, thedapperdane said:

Hopefully, I look just ridiculous enough for today - bandannas by OOE, Kapital and  new old stock Cone denim by MF. 

IMG_1840.JPG

12 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Forget all thet Kapital, Mister Freedom malarkey... Tell us more about the shoes... if i rub your magic lamp will you grant me 3 wishes? :D

It looks like he bought them from @Duodequinquagesimus

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

It looks like he bought them from @Duodequinquagesimus

Good catch! I was gonna say the only thing I really noticed were them shoes.

...but be sure I wouldn’t sell them 

the rest is just the typical hipster uniform you all wear. Clones from each other. Nothing against it because I’m trying too hard doing it. It’s very comfortable and nobody interrupts asking where I got this or that. No compliments. Very relaxing life. I get your point now.

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus