WAYWT 2020 [denim edition]

Broark

^ Really? You get neg repped for trying to stir up shit and yet again your response is to go through and neg rep a slew of old, unrelated posts as some sort of revenge? This is like primary school all over again

4 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

My eyesight isn’t great but it’s either Jesus demonstrating his famous death stare or just some Wino

Man’s got it!

Duo: he played the free bird song guitar solo?
Nope, but he’s damn cool too. 

Edited by unders
Can’t work out how to multi-quote.

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

What’s your feeling on the JMM?

They are top quality. I was really taken by the guy's passion when I listened to him on a podcast. In fact, he sounds exactly like you would expect one of Japanese denim nobility talking about their work, with a French accent instead of Japanese... I ended up buying 3 pairs of special editions + one RX pair for readers... The ones I'm wearing here are the Fitzgerald from the Yellowstone collection. The model is Mage's hat tip to the Wayfarer, that JFK was often photographed with (or maybe JFK's were copies, who knows). However, that specific frame is made with polarized glass, which is very rare in his offering.

34 minutes ago, JDelage said:

They are top quality. I was really taken by the guy's passion when I listened to him on a podcast. In fact, he sounds exactly like you would expect one of Japanese denim nobility talking about their work, with a French accent instead of Japanese... I ended up buying 3 pairs of special editions + one RX pair for readers... The ones I'm wearing here are the Fitzgerald from the Yellowstone collection. The model is Mage's hat tip to the Wayfarer, that JFK was often photographed with (or maybe JFK's were copies, who knows). However, that specific frame is made with polarized glass, which is very rare in his offering.

I could be wrong, but I've read a few times that JFK actually wore American Optical Saratoga sunglasses, not Wayfarers. 

The JMMs look beautiful. I only have metal frame sunglasses right now so they could be my first acetate shades.

19 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I could be wrong, but I've read a few times that JFK actually wore American Optical Saratoga sunglasses, not Wayfarers. 

I'm sure you're right. Maybe the model is a hat-tip to the Saratoga.

@dudewuttheheck - Confirmed, you were correct:

https://jacquesmariemage.com/blog/43/

Quote: "Kennedy was frequently photographed wearing the American Optical (AO) Saratoga, often mistaken for Ray-Ban Wayfarers, even though the Saratoga's thinner stem gave it an elegance the Wayfarers lacked."

33 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

The JMMs look beautiful. I only have metal frame sunglasses right now so they could be my first acetate shades.

He definitely wore the Saratoga - but he definitely wore quite a few other types/brands. I think Wayfarers are so ubiquitous many people default to that position

40 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

He definitely wore the Saratoga - but he definitely wore quite a few other types/brands. I think Wayfarers are so ubiquitous many people default to that position

Yeah I'm sure her did. I think that "Wayfarer" for acetate sunglasses is almost to the point of being "Xerox" for a lot of people at this point. I've heard someone call round acetate sunglasses "Wayfarers."

Edited by dudewuttheheck