WAYWT 2020 [denim edition]

Broark

^ I like Indigofera shirts a lot, personally. The attention to detail / QC are really just so-so, but the detailing is nice, some of the fabrics they use are great, and the cuts are much better-suited to a standard Western frame than most Japanese brands’

18 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

@roomtemplacroix cool combo. How heavy is this flannel? Thinking about getting it for our not so cold winters. Also never had anything by indigofera so would love to know how’s the quality. 

this one is definitely heavier than a “standard” flannel but i don’t think as heavy as an iron heart flannel. i could easily wear this as an outside layer on a cooler fall day. 

11 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

^ I like Indigofera shirts a lot, personally. The attention to detail / QC are really just so-so, but the detailing is nice, some of the fabrics they use are great, and the cuts are much better-suited to a standard Western frame than most Japanese brands’

I'm not sure I agree with this. I really like IF and have 3 or so shirts but for me their fit is really hot or miss. A lot of their cuts are extremely boxy and look borderline silly on me (and a lot of others I suspect). It's a shame because, as you say, they use a lot of nice fabrics and their detailing are cool. Also their flannels (which are very nice) are a little pricey for what you get. They're almost up there with IH if I remember correctly and that's a bit of a leap in my book.

1 hour ago, Ar_thor said:

I'm not sure I agree with this. I really like IF and have 3 or so shirts but for me their fit is really hot or miss. A lot of their cuts are extremely boxy and look borderline silly on me (and a lot of others I suspect). It's a shame because, as you say, they use a lot of nice fabrics and their detailing are cool. Also their flannels (which are very nice) are a little pricey for what you get. They're almost up there with IH if I remember correctly and that's a bit of a leap in my book.

Thank you both for the input! The Shop has some of their flannels on sale. That’s why I’m considering it. They are pricy on their RRP

Thanks @dudewuttheheck—have you looked at Graph Zero’s collaboration with Nihon Menpu from a couple of years ago? They used a fabric very similar to this (and another very similar to the charcoal lot 285); I have a suspicion that they may have been a re-run of the same or a similar production

1 minute ago, julian-wolf said:

Thanks @dudewuttheheck—have you looked at Graph Zero’s collaboration with Nihon Menpu from a couple of years ago? They used a fabric very similar to this (and another very similar to the charcoal lot 285); I have a suspicion that they may have been a re-run of the same or a similar production

No, I haven't. Anywhere to still find those new? Or should I be looking at grailed and ebay and such?

@Thanks_M8 from photos I’ve seen of other pairs I think they must, but if they do it’s a slow process—I’ve worn these at least a few dozen times and washed them once or twice and they look and feel the same as they did right after their initial soak

I think it must have something to do with the kakishibu, which does tend to make fabrics very rigid / stiff: these have had less give to them than any other jeans I’ve worn: they didn’t shrink much; the legs have barely twisted; they haven’t stretched back out much at all; and the fabric itself still feels almost like cardboard even with all of the starch long gone

It’s weird, but I think I’m kinda into it

There is some sun fading on the left thigh from how they were stored prior to my purchasing them, so if nothing else I expect I have more of that to look forward to

@dudewuttheheck, last I checked there were still some available on their web shop, but it’s been some time—can’t hurt to poke around, anyhow

I know they also started selling through Denimio recently, but I’m not sure whether the remaining collaboration jeans were among those offered

edit: Looks like there’s stock available in all sizes (even up to w40!); I guess they must have done a second run at some point?

Edited by julian-wolf

1 minute ago, julian-wolf said:

@dudewuttheheck, last I checked there were still some available on their web shop, but it’s been some time—can’t hurt to poke around, anyhow

I know they also started selling through Denimio recently, but I’m not sure whether the remaining collaboration jeans were among those offered

They're still there it looks like. Thanks very much!