WAYWT 2020 [denim edition]

Broark

7 minutes ago, 81611 said:

Just trying to find common ground with you blokes other than the obvious enthusiasm for denim.

indeed. I can relate to the beer thing. Though I f***ing hate craft beers. Give me a ice cold cheap tasteless lager any time! :D
Favourite local one: Ichnusa, ice cold in a 66cl "pint bottle". Perfect smooth taste of heavenly nothing ; )
I'd say I am the minority here. Most folks get excited at those  beers that don't taste of beer!

Edited by volvo240thebest

10 minutes ago, 81611 said:

Just trying to find common ground with you blokes other than the obvious enthusiasm for denim.

I was only joking, seriously you're doing fine...keep up the good work, don't worry about common ground, we've seen it all before, i would rather see something fresh.

Tonight’s cheap beer, brought to you by the craft masters at Asda. :D

828E1DEC-9829-4F92-8F10-901D8E8035C5.thumb.jpeg.b2a44561d952517a257dd432d6609ebf.jpeg

Pubs open in England today after being closed for 3 months. Looking forward to watching all the brawls/rioting/shagging-in-hedges on tomorrow’s news. 

Edit. Morning update via BBC News: not much bonking by the looks of it so I’ll have to make do with naked men In Southampton :blink:

3F7CD848-F131-48A8-9767-12C4B586D619.jpeg.03ba58a1749a456f3612d6272336b856.jpeg

Edited by unders

I walked up to Tesco t'other day to get a cheep crate of beer but those pesky young folk have been partying hard in Endcliffe park all week, oooh you should have heard the disaproving locals on the S11 group.. anywho i didn't give a fucking shit till i found out that Tesco had all but sold out of beer, all they had left was Peroni, what the flip! why the hell is this shit so damn expensive? against my better/northern judgement i bought a case (it was that or nowt) halfway down the hill and it was digging into my arm so i put my hands in those perferated slots on the side and the whole top of the box peeled away in my hands and the case of beer dropped to the floor smashing the lot, ffs! so holding the dripping case out in front of me, i had to walk all the way back up to Tesco for an exchange, you would think for that price they would make more sturdy packaging!!... i bet Peroni cost 20p a bottle in Volvo's village.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

2 hours ago, Geeman said:

@81611 it was 00 giving someone some lighthearted trolling not a reflection on your post, keep on doing what you doing 

All good fellas!  Figured it’s best to be a bit humble being a forum noob. I’ll drink a cheap beer just as quick as craft and I’m a fan of all music especially doom/stoner. Just trying to have a little fun with the posts. Keep up the good work everyone.

12 hours ago, Duodequinquagesimus said:

I don’t see anything wrong there. 
It perfectly fits in here. Guys wearing simplistically random low profile clothing that would never turn anyone’s back anywhere you go. Same style as a college student. Jeans, T-shirt’s, vans, work boots, caps....even if you are 50. I though that was the whole point. Easy and you don’t have to squeeze your brains deciding what to wear. I love it. 

Positive! +1 for the sarcasm haha (smiley face)

While we're on the subject, why on earth does the rest of the world think that folks from the UK drink warm beer? i'll happily drink cheap swill but never do i want it to be warm for goodness sake.. most cheap crap tastes great if it's served cold enough.

Maybe some beer-nerds can educate me

11 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think it’s because beers such as bitter, which are traditionally popular in the U.K. are served at room temperature. In many countries, cold lager is king.

Right, never been a fan of bitter, the old boys (40+) used to drink stuff like Wards and Stones when i first started going out boozing (i stuck to Campari and soda) where these seved at room temp?  most of these trad brewery's closed in Sheff and got converted into flats 20odd yrs ago.. i am a fan of pale ale, when the chaps from the brewery delivered my kegs, they've said stick it in the cellar to keep it cool?

As a kid, I remember my dad drinking warm bitter on Sunday lunchtimes at the Catholic social club. 
Found this on beerandbrewing.com:

Different styles of beer taste better to most people at different temperatures. Here are some general guidelines:

• 35–40°F (2–4°C): Mass market light lagers
  • 40–45°F (4–7°C): Czech and German Pilsners, Munich Helles, wheat beers, and Kölsch
  • 45–50°F (7–10°C): IPAs, American pale ales, porters, and most stouts
  • 50–55°F (10–13°C): Belgian ales, sour ales, Bocks, English bitters and milds, Scottish ales
  • 55–60°F (13–16°C): Barleywines, imperial stouts, Belgian strong ales, and Doppelbocks

When in doubt remember this rule of thumb: light body and low alcohol beer tastes better cold while full body and high alcohol examples are better warmer.

18 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

As a kid, I remember my dad drinking warm bitter on Sunday lunchtimes at the Catholic social club. 
Found this on beerandbrewing.com:

Different styles of beer taste better to most people at different temperatures. Here are some general guidelines:

• 35–40°F (2–4°C): Mass market light lagers
  • 40–45°F (4–7°C): Czech and German Pilsners, Munich Helles, wheat beers, and Kölsch
  • 45–50°F (7–10°C): IPAs, American pale ales, porters, and most stouts
  • 50–55°F (10–13°C): Belgian ales, sour ales, Bocks, English bitters and milds, Scottish ales
  • 55–60°F (13–16°C): Barleywines, imperial stouts, Belgian strong ales, and Doppelbocks

When in doubt remember this rule of thumb: light body and low alcohol beer tastes better cold while full body and high alcohol examples are better warmer.

#lifehacks

I wonder where extra-cold Guinness sits on the chart, i'll still probably stick by my uncultured 'if it's beer stick it in the fridge' onesize fits all solution.

Edited by Double 0 Soul