WAYWT 2020 [denim edition]

Broark

13 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Wow this is even worse than ocean wash!

I prefer to wear my eyesoring fluo running lycras and tees and Hoka Bondi.

Hilariously I've gone quite opposite spectrum in the last 10 years...Light wear and regular washing is more the norm for me now :laugh:

+1 on Hoka btw

Edited by aho

I love the '45 Rickson chino! I wish the pocket entry from the '42 could be applied to the '45. Best chinos for the price on the market though, hands down.

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Look at that svelte lad! Are these a different pair of CSF or did you boil wash them to a slimmer size?

Thanks Volvo! Yes, I did. I hot washed them in the washing machine and even tumble dried them on the hottest setting possible. It shrunk them more than expected which is nice because it keeps them wearable right now. You can tell because now I can only single cuff them. They're still a loose in the waist, but I think they look pretty good anyway. 

IMG_20200620_225641.thumb.jpg.3953767a49b54b92ffb9e624fb89b1c8.jpgout for a weed whacker fuel refill. fierce grimace after a couple hours of fight against brambles. Volvo won, of course. I am turning a wild field which was full of brambles and garbage for 25+ years into the garden of eden. It'll take another couple quarantines (ops) to get the job finished probably. 
it's not even my land but it's just next to it and the brambles kept coming over to my garden. Enough is enough...

mickey mouse tee
tcb 20s
excelsior
5 liter tank

Edited by volvo240thebest

I'm a page late on this, but I have also been doing really well fitness-wise since the Covid started. Given where I live, driving a car everywhere to do anything is pretty much a given, and I get pretty stressed out with the way people around me drive. So the fact that I only drive my car about every 3 weeks now (vs every single day before) has done wonders. Unfortunately I can see that coming to an end fairly soon as we'll be called back to the office before long I think.

I used to go to the gym a lot but it started getting more expensive each year. So I got a rowing machine secondhand, a 35-lb kettlebell, and an exercise ball, and I just work out in my basement most days. Combined with bike riding or walking around the neighborhood (which will also start to suck again when everyone's driving again).

@justintk while riding in traffic is stressful to start, it gets easier. I have to remind myself to let go of emotional response to others' actions on the road and focus that energy on riding my ride and protecting myself. I've been bicycle commuting in NYC for 10+ years and it only gets more enjoyable as the years go on. I encourage you to stick with it and see if you can't find that place where the traffic becomes a moving puzzle your constantly solving.

There are a couple of cool docu's about the early days of bike messengers up on youtube, the one i watched recently was called Beasts of Burden filmed in and around San Francisco, there's another one called Pedal filmed in and around NYC which you'll probably enjoy @Jared_Lee i haven't seen that one yet.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

1 hour ago, Jared_Lee said:

@justintk while riding in traffic is stressful to start, it gets easier. I have to remind myself to let go of emotional response to others' actions on the road and focus that energy on riding my ride and protecting myself. I've been bicycle commuting in NYC for 10+ years and it only gets more enjoyable as the years go on. I encourage you to stick with it and see if you can't find that place where the traffic becomes a moving puzzle your constantly solving.

I actually think that I would be more comfortable riding if I was in downtown Chicago. There are lots of bike lanes down there and my impression is that cars aren't moving as fast and the drivers are a little more aware of things around them. But alas, I am in the suburbs with no bike lanes (and, TBH, maybe a disproportionate amount of Karens), and to commute I would have to ride on the tollway which is, I think, illegal. But, on the plus side, not commuting during Covid has given me a good perspective on some changes I want to make in the future as far as work/commuting/etc.

But, yes, I plan to keep trying!

@Double 0 Soul I've been meaning to check out Beasts of Burden for a while now. Maybe today will be they day! If you haven't seen any contemporary Hot Lines from Terry Barensten's YouTube channel, I highly recommend them, especially this Rough Cut.