WAYWT 2020 [denim edition]

Broark

Hey Jake, question for you. Not meaning to be rude or anything, but do you ever just throw on a t-shirt and dress casually?
What do you do in the summer? I know SoCal gets pretty warm. Just looks uncomfortable to me to be so dressed up all the time.
Again, no intention of being rude. I'm genuinely curious.

6 hours ago, Collin said:

@dudewuttheheck Love this outfit. "La palette de couleurs" is really wonderful!

Thanks man! I'm glad I went with the blue shirt instead of just doing whit/ecru like I always do.

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Hey Jake, question for you. Not meaning to be rude or anything, but do you ever just throw on a t-shirt and dress casually?
What do you do in the summer? I know SoCal gets pretty warm. Just looks uncomfortable to me to be so dressed up all the time.
Again, no intention of being rude. I'm genuinely curious.

Not rude at all it's a totally fair question. For one thing, I actually have started to feel pretty comfortable dressing like this now so for me when it's cooler out, this feels casual to me.

However, I do wear more casual outfits sometimes and that's definitely true in the summer. As it warms up, I wear lighter weight non-leather jackets over t shirts or short sleeve shirts over t shirts and sometimes I wear just a t shirt too. I live pretty close to the ocean so it's not actually that hot most of the time here. Socal has a lot of micro climates and where I am is one of the cooler areas in the summer. Here are some shots from over the summer. I may or may not have posted these already.

wGxMLV1.jpg?1

56YQHrN.jpg?1

bzmIZB9.jpg?1

yW3dBIj.jpg?1

Totally fair! I just feel like I'd personally be uncomfortable dressed up all the time. But if you're comfortable then more power to you.
Also I have a very low personal threshold for what is "dressed up". If I put a button up shirt over a t-shirt I'm dressed up around these parts. :D

1 minute ago, Broark said:

Totally fair! I just feel like I'd personally be uncomfortable dressed up all the time. But if you're comfortable then more power to you.
Also I have a very low personal threshold for what is "dressed up". If I put a button up shirt over a t-shirt I'm dressed up around these parts. :D

Yeah I think the definition of 'dressed up' is not set at all. I used to have to wear suits every day to work at a couple of my old jobs so this feels way more comfortable to me in comparison. 

When I'm running around doing errands though I will sometimes just throw on a sweatshirt or even double denim with a t shirt and sneakers... I'll have to take some pictures of that at some point. 

3 minutes ago, JDelage said:

@dudewuttheheck - Good work on the body recomp. I know it can take a lot of work.

Thanks! I'm really glad I was able to finally commit to it. Current situation makes it more difficult to make serious progress, but I'm maintaining pretty well right now. I feel much better overall and another bonus is that I get colder much easier :D

17 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Baby vomit has gotten me into the habit of washing everything pretty often. These Carmel’s have gotten a wash every couple weeks or so. Threw in my mister freedom black coated denim jacket and the black is giving away to some cool blues. 

Papa Nui Atoll defender cap

Mister Freedom black coated cowboy jacket

Flat Head THC tshirt

Stevenson Carmel 220

Flat Head sneakers

A997462D-37BF-40B7-90BB-C5E74C732A64.jpeg

BB13ED9A-1ADC-4813-8870-E28D050F58CC.jpeg

You’re learning the key to the best fades in my opinion. I’ve got a 3 year old and 1.5 year old. 
The amount of time on my hands and knees and the washing every 1-2 weeks due to puke and poo stains has my jeans looking awesome and no crotch blowouts! Haha