WAYWT 2020 [denim edition]

Broark

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

@unders Denime looking cool

Cheers mate. 

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I've always thought PBJ's type II jackets are way too long, and this is a perfect example of that.
I'd get that jacket shortened by ~2 inches.

Hey @Broark Do you mean the TCB jacket? I got used to it pretty quickly and is kinda good to be able to mix up as an alternative to boxy jackets. 

I think he probably means the PBJ jacket—agreed that it looks way too long. Not much about it that resembles a Type II, really, besides the pleats…the fabric does seem pretty though

I completely agree on the PBJ jacket. Maybe I wouldn't feel that way if I were 6'5"... It's too long, and it's actually a tad wide in the shoulders (but that's less of a problem). You're confirming what I thought. The fabric is lovely but I think I'm going to sell it. It has hand warmer pockets and I don't think I could easily have it shortened.

This is the product page on OD btw: https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/od-pbj-18oz-kakishibu-type-ii-selvedge-jacket 

@JDelage What size is you're jacket? Has it been fully shrunken? It's at least a size too big. Maybe if it was the proper size for your frame the length might not be as prominent of an issue? The model on OD's website fit pics is wearing a 4, and he's 6'4" (doesn't say if it's raw/washed). Lovely fabric. 

I get what the the fellas are saying about the length of a Type II and respect, but personally I'm not opposed to a little extra length to cover a shirt hem, as long as it's not too long and doesn't start to look like a chore coat. And I'm also a fan of hand pockets on jackets, even I, II III, so it's fine line between function and style. 

38 minutes ago, mpukas said:

@JDelage What size is you're jacket? Has it been fully shrunken? It's at least a size too big.

It's size 4. Size 3 would be too small in the chest. It's sanforized and I washed and dried it once. I'll do it one more time since I should before selling it anyway but I don't expect much change.

Out-posed by my oldest in the supermarket wearing Norse projects cap, vintage scarf, Engineered garments x Uniqlo fleece, Warehouse shirt, Orslow pants and Oak street boot makers trail oxfords.

98189F4D-C400-4DB1-B8F6-F447138EA942.jpeg