WAYWT 2020 [denim edition]

Broark

More power to ya but I could not get away with wearing that jacket in the USA without being heavily questioned. I already get questioned about my N1 and it doesn’t even have patches or names on it besides the USN emblem!

20 hours ago, mlwdp said:

All of those patches are military.  Jolly Rogers is US Navy aviation.  They’re still active.

https://www.public.navy.mil/airfor/vfa103/Pages/default.aspx

Ah, thanks for the knowledge. I was looking at the back of the jacket in a google image search. So, yeah, I agree -- active military patches are kind of a no-go zone. My friends who served are rightfully protective of their units and branches. Especially the Marines.:mellow:

Having said that, obviously anyone can wear what they want, and there's a certain satisfying subversion in wearing military gear, for example as a protest or playing with the martial style. 

Edited by peter1

On 1/28/2020 at 3:40 PM, mlwdp said:

More power to ya but I could not get away with wearing that jacket in the USA without being heavily questioned. I already get questioned about my N1 and it doesn’t even have patches or names on it besides the USN emblem!

Out of interest, what are you questioned on?

35 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

Out of interest, what are you questioned on?

The buzz deck jacket I wear has the USN emblem so usually I’m asked if I served or “thank you for your service” remarks (or discounts on purchases) when I’m out and about by random strangers.  Overall, most ask where I got it from.

In the US, the only time you can get into serious trouble is if you make a profit off of it while pretending you are active duty or veteran.  

On 1/29/2020 at 11:57 PM, mlwdp said:

The buzz deck jacket I wear has the USN emblem so usually I’m asked if I served or “thank you for your service” remarks (or discounts on purchases) when I’m out and about by random strangers.

I can imagine people making that assumption, nobody would think for a second that i had been in the armed forces :D