New Contest Suggestion [Poll]

beautiful_FrEaK

New Contest Suggestions Poll  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What brand do you want see in a contest?

• Roy
    • Tender
    • "Green Contest"
    • Warehouse
    • Denime
    • Pherrows
    • "Osaka 5" Contest
    • Ooe Yofukuten
    • TCB
    • Something else

6 hours ago, aho said:

ooooff...what the hell, I'm in for WWII Warehouse LOL

+1 on raw/non-washed, should tack off the cost as well. Really hoping we can use the new fabric (hell, the new WWII in general), but maybe just do custom pockets. 

Trying to work your washing/puckering voodoo...

12 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Good stuff Ed!

Are we ready for a poll yet?

8 hours ago, edmond said:

yes pls do

so, forgive me if I am missing anything and if I am posting incorrect links... the poll options might be:

model (with relevant details, no messing with them):

1943 - https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=109364165

Google translate of denim: 6th x 6th (14.5 Oz) Memphis Cotton Single Cotton 

1944 (new model awaiting measurements to be public) - w. new WWII fabric?

Ed’s provided description of denim: 6.7x6.6 denim (seems same as the ’46)

1945 - https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=109364283

Google translate of denim: 6th x 6th (14.5 Oz) Memphis Cotton Single Cotton 

1946 - https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=137031000

Google translate of denim (and other bits…): 6.7 × 6.6 aging leather label with original barrack bag 

1947 - https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=109364377

Google translate of denim (and other bits…): No. 7 x No. 7 (13.5 Oz) U.S. Cotton 3 State Blend Aging Leather Label With Original Barrack Bag 

WWII ranch pants - https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=137032177

Ooms' Cant Bust ‘Em wild card - https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=100620636

then

possible contest specifics:

mis-matched inner pockets (1x flannel, 1x herringbone for the wartime models)

standard inner pockets (stamped perhaps? would work for the '46 & '47 model - although works fine on HBT as well)

specific patch

specific patch and mis-matched inner pockets (as above)

specific patch and stamped inner pockets (as above)

nothing

finally (if WH even offer this):

Raw

One Wash

Longer Inseam

Sizing up to 38

Have I caught all the options put forward so far there? (plus I have added stamped pockets option as a 'low-hanging fruit' modification...): Once all have had a look and had time to comment on the options we can make the official poll?

I also wonder whether there needs to be a provision about the sizing, so I have floated that also: some models only go up to size 36, others to 38… I know there is also talk around inseam (although I wouldnt tamper with that... my position is that a good high rise - see the 33cm front rise for the bigger sizes -  if worn on the hips not at the belly button, gives an extra inch or so to the length, plus I don't want to have to hem the wh original length)

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

My vote would be: 
-1944 or 1946 (with the arcs raised a little bit). I just want something that's different from the standard Banner denim.
-Mis-matched flannel pocket bags (two different patterns, would be cool if WH just used what they had on hand for each pair and we all got different colors and patterns)
-Special patch, with green stamped model designation like you see on some of their pairs (either throwback Longhorn patch, or something else)
-Genus tab not stitched down.
-Raw with the standard inseam length. WH standard inseam is perfect for my stubby legs after washed. Or if we need longer inseams offer it on a one-off situation so I can have that sweet WH roping.

Edited by Broark

@bartlebyyphonics looks a sound disaggregation of WH optionality.

Which tech savvy Sufu'er has the time to knock up one of those fancy polls above? Cheeky I know - apols - but f you don't ask and all that. I'd do it but haven't a clue where to start.

Pretty excited about this contest. Some great choices.

Edited by MJF9

2 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@bartlebyyphonics looks a sound disaggregation of WH optionality.

Which tech savvy Sufu'er has the time to knock up one of those fancy polls above? Cheeky I know - apols - but f you don't ask and all that. I'd do it but haven't a clue where to start.

Pretty excited about this contest. Some great choices.

Nice. Would be happy with all of the above choices. Any experts who have opinion / deeper knowledge on the various thread colours of the various models?

FWIW looks easy to do a poll: just do 'create new topic' > then you have a bar selection of either 'content' or 'poll' ... 

imma happy to do it if no-one else is dying to jump in, just want to give another few (make that 18-ish) hours to make sure we data-harvest most possible forum-member's thoughts on what could be contest specific (ie other than previously stated possibility of nothing / mis-matched pockets / stamped pockets / or particular ideas on patch modding...) as otherwise when this goes live it will be hard to fold in a sudden new good idea ... [sorry if others want this to go quicker...]

also: thankful to @tpun's suggestion on what seems to be the new '45: looks like new models are coming out w. the WWII denim (6.7x6.6) ... so this is good opportunity to be big public try-out of the fabric ... any other WH links that are more up to date than what I shared earlier are gratefully received...

I suggest we add other crucial questions in there such as:

length of comp. (18 or 24 months)

method of judgement (wh staff, ed/signet staff, sufu poll)

[both would be good to clarify early on rather than kick those cans down the road and this means we aren't constantly polling]

prizes should obviously be internet points redeemable at the caddy shack in the sky... [or does someone have a gold clock / Dremel / other notable object they want to donate?]

to be clear, I am not leading this so v. happy for anyone else to take the baton from here, but most interested in getting the functionality of the site to help best express community opinion and better inform Ed in his dealing with WH...

Plus... @Iron Horse - how is zipped pullover shirt research / production going?

@bartlebyyphonics I believe it could be done quite easily, the design is in my head and I could draw it down in an jiffy, but the minimum order quantity would be 100 shirts and realistically I would need to take pre-orders and pay for (admittedly somewhat costly) samples. A certain amount could be set aside for Sufu but at that quantity I’d keep the rest and sell them as well.

Or, alternatively, I have a new Heracles shirt on its way to me in April in 3 colors and that could serve as the contest shirt and give everyone a choice of colors (indigo, red, and ecru) so as Cheech Marin puts it in Up in Smoke, everybody can “wear something that’s different but also the same.”

Link to the latter is here: https://the-rite-stuff.com/

On 2/6/2020 at 12:49 PM, Broark said:

My vote would be: 
-1944 or 1946 (with the arcs raised a little bit). I just want something that's different from the standard Banner denim.
-Mis-matched flannel pocket bags (two different patterns, would be cool if WH just used what they had on hand for each pair and we all got different colors and patterns)
-Special patch, with green stamped model designation like you see on some of their pairs (either throwback Longhorn patch, or something else)
-Genus tab not stitched down.
-Raw with the standard inseam length. WH standard inseam is perfect for my stubby legs after washed. Or if we need longer inseams offer it on a one-off situation so I can have that sweet WH roping.

agree on the whole line.

It seems to me that we are leaving too many details to a poll without having a precise idea of how much warehouse is at disposal to satisfy our requests...a poll to discuss details that we don't know if will be possible sounds like a potential waste of time/headache... I'd personally  narrow down to agree on WW2 details (I hardly believe we can get significant numbers on a non standard 5 pocket jean design, come on...). Green stamp on the patch I think is a 1946 spec, at least I remember the Devis 1946 had the green stamp on patches too..

a poll would be useful only to understand how many people would actually buy a pair with longer inseam... that would be a nice touch, especially if offered as an alternative (standard warehouse inseam is perfect for me).

It’s supposed to be about a contest, so when people start agonising over minor details and the colour of pocket bags becomes a deal breaker, then it appears that owning a unique pair is really their objective, rather than participating.

On 2/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, edmond said:

Need denim specs and details boys and girls  

On 2/4/2020 at 11:19 AM, edmond said:

There are tons of ww2 repro from

wh i need to be specific for this boys

57 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

It seems to me that we are leaving too many details to a poll without having a precise idea of how much warehouse is at disposal to satisfy our requests...a poll to discuss details that we don't know if will be possible sounds like a potential waste of time/headache... I'd personally  narrow down to agree on WW2 details (I hardly believe we can get significant numbers on a non standard 5 pocket jean design, come on...). Green stamp on the patch I think is a 1946 spec, at least I remember the Devis 1946 had the green stamp on patches too..

a poll would be useful only to understand how many people would actually buy a pair with longer inseam... that would be a nice touch, especially if offered as an alternative (standard warehouse inseam is perfect for me).

51 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

It’s supposed to be about a contest, so when people start agonising over minor details and the colour of pocket bags becomes a deal breaker, then it appears that owning a unique pair is really their objective, rather than participating.

this is how we got there: Ed is asking for specifics, but understanding and agreeing w. Volvo and Maynard ... are there issues of customisation or is it a request for a bulk order of mainline standard upcoming WWII pair?

@volvo240thebest / @Maynard Friedman would you reduce it to something like this to make it clearer for Ed?

which aspect of WWII

('classic' painted arc pair 43/44 or 'transitional' 45/46 stitched arc pair - hence me linking to all models they have in their online store)

Ed to please explore customised pockets/patch or go for standard pair as bulk order

big inseam option y/n

great to hear you are ready to roll @Iron Horse - so another part of the poll could be

RS shirt as optional part of contest or in other thread

RS shirt zip pullover or Heracles 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Must say I understood there was an open field for our ask to WH and also a request for specifics which I think Bartles piece addresses.

However listening to @volvo240thebest, why not ask @edmond ?

@edmond have WH set any limitations on what they will do?

If they have, that narrows it.

If not, a poll at least gives the community their say.

@Maynard if we ask only those who really really do intend to participate in the competition to vote, that might help? Impossible to enforce for sure.

guys, I'm sick, full of painkillers and cranky as fuck today. I just don't see the point of using a poll and discuss pages over the color of the pockets and the position of the arcs, the thread gauge and so on. I would leave this stuff to the professionals (Warehouse and the shop who's actually investing in this contest by accepting a batch order for a minimum of pairs that will surely exceed sufu numbers). We never organized contests  in this way in the last few years, it just sounds like a useless waste of democracy and a loss of time, if I may respectfully say so. All these musings about little details gives me unnecessary headaches. I may be biased because I had my fair share of dealing with four handed royal denim wanks when dealing with the organization of tcb 20s contest, even without a poll. I'm happy to sit in the back and see what you guys agree with this time. As long as it's a 5p jeans design, I'm happy anyway.
Maynard hits the point to me anyway, do we want to play or do we want an exclusive pair of wh full of bells and whistles? I just want to play. I do it for the fun of sharing bits and bobs of my denim life with like minded fellows and because it seems I need some extra motivation to commit on a pair of jeans.

all 5p jeans measurements posted will work for me, W34 and WH standard inseam is the size and that's fine for now. Longer inseam seems the only matter worth a poll to me honestly.

anyway just ignore me! hopefully I will feel better the next time I check this thread haha!

Yeah I’m not trying to get too overly specific, was just providing as much detail as possible per Ed’s post. I’m not going to get picky when it comes down to it, I’ll be getting the jeans regardless as long as they’re a 40s/WWII inspired 5 pocket jean. Why don’t we throw a type I into it and do a whole setup contest? :D

• 4 weeks later...

@tvshooter

I think the plan is that Ed is meeting with WH in a few weeks and will check whether they’re good to provide a run of 46s. Poll thread is below if you haven’t seen. Until then I’m afraid we’ll have to carry on playing In our old jeans.