@Broak 

As a newer member, I assure you there is a clique mentality here.

I have read through the archived posts and there used to be some great smartass comments and a brutal crowd but we are in the age of enlightenment now and alot of the fitpics show a maturing community of professionals. I can only speak for myself but I prefer encouraging new members to forums and if a guy posts incorrectly then a positive nudge is far more inclusive than neg repping with no attempt to assist so the error can be corrected. 

My apology for moving off topic. 

Ultimately, if you like the jeans and want to wear them, it doesn't really matter if they're original, repos or even fake for that matter.
Sometimes it's easy to loose sight of this. 

Buy and wear what you like. 
if they're Lees chances are they'll be good jeans - you can't go too far wrong with any pair of Lee's. 

Welcome on board too. 

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

What is wrong with you? 

First off it is Christmas.

Second, the new poster asked a simple question which fits 100% into the subject of this thread.

I suggest you adjust your attitude and grow up.

@indoverificator

I looked closely at the photos and I do see indications of genuine fading so I think it is possible that those pants were factory distressed as members have indicated but they have been worn long enough that there is also real-world fade also.

My comment was that this thread is really about nothing and going around in circles, no harm was intended to anybody who posts here mate, and yes I'm well aware it's Christmas, whatever that has to do with it.

11 hours ago, Broark said:

It’s not a matter of bullying. If you were around in the earlier sufu days this wouldn’t have even been a blip on your radar. It’s a matter of disregard for how the forums work. He’s spamming Denimbro too. Next time just use the small questions thread or dedicated Lee thread.

i also post a thread on denimbro because I need opinion from them too. denimbro and superfuture is a different website that has different member, right? the more opinion i got means the more consideration that I have. that's all I need from you all, i only need an information for my denim from you that has more knowledge than me so i can learn.

9 hours ago, UkeNo said:

Ultimately, if you like the jeans and want to wear them, it doesn't really matter if they're original, repos or even fake for that matter.
Sometimes it's easy to loose sight of this. 

Buy and wear what you like. 
if they're Lees chances are they'll be good jeans - you can't go too far wrong with any pair of Lee's. 

Welcome on board too. 

Thank you and sorry for the mess that I was not intended to do.

• 5 months later...

Incoming; just purchased online.

A slightly high-water pair of Lees, which I estimate to be early-mid '70s. Still union made, but have a care tag and the MR.

The general wear appears fairly light – maybe only worn 100-200 days or so. One small hole, which is easy to fix. I normally wear a 30–32 inch inseam, so these are a big short at 29". But I liked the rest of the jeans so much that I will deal with that. I'll just wear shoes that look good with it.

s-l1600-12.thumb.jpg.8c99990c3efaa5f3b3d253056381ebbb.jpgs-l1600-13.thumb.jpg.c953f328ee0db2ba3c8732d9dee5f1d9.jpg

s-l1600-14.thumb.jpg.d5ba6819bf8148fd8ac6bfe6b087f1f8.jpgs-l1600-19.thumb.jpg.73148a96905c822b5c9e47f4a48e3971.jpg

s-l1600-16.thumb.jpg.4db1cd0be7820e16f31566f1ecbce214.jpgs-l1600-15.thumb.jpg.cfa3b2e83950dd980dda723b732607f3.jpg

^ Got these. Looks like they're actually early '80s. I couldn't tell from the care tag based on photos.

Anyone know how to decode a year of manufacture based on label codes? What about the number on the United Garment Workers of America label?

The style and color are 200-0147

Code under that: 0511211445CON205 (this code is the key to determining the year, I think)

On the care tag: CA 00492 and RN 34783 (these seem to be consistent across a wide variety of Lee items – probably codes for the care instructions)

On the union label: 4917083 (I think)

Edited by 428CJ