Examples of Greencast/Redcast denim?

khaltire

Anyone have an examples of these two types of denim? I was told recently that these two types of denim exist.. Red cast being more purpleish, whereas Green cast is more turquoise/green... Anyways, Ive always loved the greenish color in some jeans, but usually that color comes in pre distressed jeans only... Or does it? If anyone can point me to some green cast denim that would be a great help

Hopefully this doesnt mean Natural indigo because I cant afford those :/

PS, I know about the SC Edo Ai stuff, but thats the only examples Ive seen of this color. Thanks!

Anyone have an examples of these two types of denim? I was told recently that these two types of denim exist.. Red cast being more purpleish, whereas Green cast is more turquoise/green... Anyways, Ive always loved the greenish color in some jeans, but usually that color comes in pre distressed jeans only... Or does it? If anyone can point me to some green cast denim that would be a great help

Hopefully this doesnt mean Natural indigo because I cant afford those :/

PS, I know about the SC Edo Ai stuff, but thats the only examples Ive seen of this color. Thanks!

im new to this too. i was wonderin the same question too.

and is this khaltire from nsb.org?

I don't if these is what you're asking but Levis has both red line and greaan/blue line selvage. The redline is used on their 501s and the blue/green line is on there 1920s 201s my 1886s have a green/blue line selvage. The green line selvage has more of a greenish cast to the denim. You can really see it when they start to wear.

Redline from a pairs of 33 501s XX redline selvage made in 2000 from cone mills denim.

IMG_0400.jpg

2 pair of 1937 201s with XX redline cone mills denim

IMG_7209.jpg

Green line 20s 201s from the late 1990s.

IMG_8851.jpg

1886 green line

IMG_0393.jpg

E-bay. They were limited editions and do show up on e-bay.

these aren't raw but raw do show up from time to time. Make sure the inside leg tag says 555 because the ones from last year have a double needle arcuate. THe 555s are single needle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RARE-LEVIS-LOT-201-SIZE-32-32X34-BUCKLE-BACK_W0QQitemZ180034122173QQihZ008QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVI-JEANS-LVC-1929-201-XX-33-34-USA-555-RARE_W0QQitemZ330034711675QQihZ014QQcategoryZ38379QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

unisex6monthsand1wash03au9.jpg

nobody is really giving this kid what he asked for so i figured id try. these are APCs that just so happened to turn out like this. i believe for the most part youre not going to get very good of a greencast out of synthetic indigo.

Thanks alot, now were getting somewhere.. yeah those APCs did turn out green... but I just learned that the color of the selvage makes a big difference, don't APCs have the redline selvage?

How about 5EP, is that green?

Also, what would a jean like Pure Blue (with blue selvage) turn out like? Do all these different selvage colors give different effects?

I was more interested in RAW or one wash jeans with green tint (like adsurgo showed)

i believe selvedge lines have no bearing on the cast of the denim...PRPS has a purple selvedge line, and they sure don't have a purple tint.

yes APCs are redline selvedge

you're best off looking for some inexpensive natural indigo for the nicest green tints, i think. :)

Pink you are absolutely right but it does seem to hold true with LVCs. As yu can see all the green/blue line stuff I've owned has a slight green cast to them. The denim is much different from the redline stuff.

i'm not familiar with the LVC line, so i'll take your word for it

that's a good way to separate the denim between their various lines though, by using red/other colours to signify different types of denim.

i'm not familiar with the LVC line, so i'll take your word for it

that's a good way to separate the denim between their various lines though, by using red/other colours to signify different types of denim.

Just check the photos I posted and you can see the red line stuff has a bit of a redish/purplish cast (denim) and the blue/green line stuff is a little on the green shade.

How about these Nudies.. they are RRDG apparently.. is that grey cast? They look greenish to me!

img0817xg9.jpg

from the image not being close enough... those would have to be RRDG or the are the RRDV but being that you can not check the selvedge or the actual close of the denim I can not judge. My best guess, Greycast, those do not appear to have to inconsistancies in the dying of the Veggies which is part of their beauty, Veggies are also a little bit blue/greener.