Hats, caps, lids, buckets, domes, bean pods, skull cap, roofs, helmets, head pieces, bonnets, chapeau

mpukas

Obviously not a hat I wear these days, but thought it would be interesting to share. My mom brought it when they came to visit last week. From my first visit to Walt Disney World in early 1983 (she thinks, could be late ‘82). Pretty neat to see the chain stitch embroidered name on the back! They don’t make em like they used to.

3D3F52AC-1B17-4B5F-BCF0-7CECBDA5E722.jpeg

FF93B416-235A-492C-84D6-0ACBA5095C90.jpeg

A60BC9CA-3E11-43A6-A71A-35A0E5704A82.jpeg

39C5AAAA-7901-4527-9591-FD051C39A9B6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

New in - received another Well Dressed Head creation from Keith Lo Bue this week

Fabric is Thai straw indigo stripe which is awesome – light and super breathable

The model is the Clover , a 1920's style four-panel newsboy cap – newsboys are usually eight panel so four-panel is quite unusual 

It’s the same model as @oomslokop picked earlier in this thread - thanks mate for creating an irresistible urge for another!

Took a couple of months as they’re made to order but worth the wait – as ever, great construction from Keith

We just now need some more summer here ;)

With pics against type 1 for indigo comparisons

WDH Clover 0.jpg

WDH Clover 1.jpg

WDH Clover 2.jpg

2 hours ago, MJF9 said:

New in - received another Well Dressed Head creation from Keith Lo Bue this week

Fabric is Thai straw indigo stripe which is awesome – light and super breathable

The model is the Clover , a 1920's style four-panel newsboy cap – newsboys are usually eight panel so four-panel is quite unusual 

It’s the same model as @oomslokop picked earlier in this thread - thanks mate for creating an irresistible urge for another!

Took a couple of months as they’re made to order but worth the wait – as ever, great construction from Keith

We just now need some more summer here ;)

With pics against type 1 for indigo comparisons

That is stunning

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of recent ones..

S&M meshback from Alans, i bought this a few months ago just to keep my unruly lockdown hair out of my face

fullsizeoutput_30cd.jpeg

..and amongst a few other really kind home-made gifts from our very own LazyS, this dope bobble hat.

fullsizeoutput_30cf.jpeg

Thanks man! :)

Edited by Double 0 Soul

• 3 months later...

No photos with it yet, but since this thread hasn't been getting much activity…

Grabbed one of the linen Blluemade bucket caps from S&S Santa Fe last week & it's been treating me great! Brim's on the small side, but overall I'd def. recommend

8 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Nice titfers all round but I like this jacket Bartles!

thank you dear sir; an old-ish bleu de travail ... seen out on so many backs of the media class in London these days I mostly keep it in reserve for another time... these peeps seem to have a good few nice examples

this is a proper good example...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i really don't understand the thinking behind interior leather/cowhide sweatbands in caps (e.g. poten) other than they're considered a 'premium' material. i personally find them super uncomfortable, particularly in (australian) summer as the sweat doesn't get absorbed and just irritates your skin.

Edited by conqueror

• 2 months later...

This is the Arpenteur bob (French for bucket hat) from last year, in woad dyed cotton. We've had horrible weather in Seattle, especially today, but he last 3-4 hours have been lovely and I took advantage of the sun for a quick walk.

IMG_8423.JPG

IMG_8424.JPG

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Might as well have a 2023 entry for the thread. Vintage hats are one of my main things (fedoras,derbies mainly). Had this custom made by Art Fawcett of Vintage Silhouettes. He is now retired.

1676987220357.png

If you need a vintage hat.... I have a couple.

hats_to_sell.JPG

4 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@buler wow... this hat thread is gonna be on fire if you post fits of that treasure trove! Are they all for personal use or do you sell them? Just curious

I have maybe 12-15 that I wear. I've been collecting/buying/selling for 15 years. Or mostly hoarding, if you talk to my wife. I've been trying to sell more than buy, as of late.