Hats, caps, lids, buckets, domes, bean pods, skull cap, roofs, helmets, head pieces, bonnets, chapeau

mpukas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMG_20200516_215300.thumb.jpg.2930be916058fad4364c15d9ea323c64.jpg

IMG_20200516_215332.thumb.jpg.59dd6552dccfb108ece1ee9c7809639a.jpgIMG_20200516_215558.thumb.jpg.35cef86187cc90971e3d5ddcaffcfe28.jpg

(Somewhat) old "Old man & the Sea" hat from Kapital. (Think 5+ years now...)

Sashiko white threads is already there originally, added the black vertical threads for fun some years after wearing it.

IMG_20200516_215353.thumb.jpg.1fb62ed9c72a7ea9051603b181021a67.jpg

found out about keith lo bue/the well-dressed head from @MJF9 on the first page of this thread. peruse of his etsy, fb page and cap department fb group led to uncontrollable desire to click add to cart even though i rarely wear anything on my head except a mullet. thanks @MJF9! XD decided to get something plain and basic, this "clover" (lo bue gives his creations names) newsboy cap in what i think is quite plain understated tweed, with grandiose plans to order other more customised caps in the future (almost everything is customisable), since decimated by corona. i even counterintuitively refused to order this four-panel newsboy (like the one the duke posted above and unlike the usual 8- or 6-panels) in patterned fabric and play around with pattern matching/arrangement (mild regret). the only thing that was custom on this one is the liner and the size. i've loved it so far, though it can get a bit hot in the tropics. it's like the cap equivalent of good denim, i keep finding new things about it to look at, caress, fondle, sometimes even wear! he does offer thai linen and hemp straw that would be cooler. most of the deets are the same as @MJF9's l'aronde you can just read his specs desc. also the customer service was genco/masuya/psa-level! 

XlIMfyM.jpg 

dEXk6ag.jpg

Q5WrpIP.jpg

Nuyiez8.jpg

AUdGOwc.jpg

with the capkeeper in.

bZFyWWK.jpg

u0oNCpG.jpg

my corona werk station.

It was August very hot and humid. A nightmare. Backpacking. Gave my cap to a kid and got this. I felt ashamed wearing it as I thought locals wouldn’t like it but it was ok. It worked better than my cap. Rain and sun away from me.

Cons- bringing it back home in my hand all the time.

Edited by Duodequinquagesimus

Bronson Mfg. Co. Daisy Mae after about two (three?) years' regular wear—at this point this is my only hat, so it sees plenty of sun and rain and sweat and all that

Started off dark, dark indigo

I really enjoy how much more heavily the front has faded than the back (first and second pics, respectively), I guess just due to wicking up that much more moisture

rFWkoi9.jpg

ZCrd0ST.jpg

fcbJojO.jpg

zpH900s.jpg

10OxnGE.jpg