Maynard Friedman

New Contest Suggestions

I think the interest in Tender will be limited to a handful of people. I’d love to see the SDA 10* range in a contest. It’s a stubborn denim in a variety of cuts to suit  most folk and we’ve seen very few contemporary examples (although I have a superbly faded pair of 101) since the 103 had its Sufu heyday about 13 years ago.

2 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

this thread is a mission to Mars. Funny that seems impossible to get even a minimal support from Warehouse. @Bobbo any news from your pals? We can perhaps give it another shot through a different shop (either in JP or overseas) before abandoning the idea?   

I think they've been super busy lately. Both with work and private matters. I'll check with them again. 

Also think a poll might be good. Can it be made so we can vote for multiple ideas? So we can see which idea gets the most hands on deck. 

multiple choice poll is definitely what we need to make sure this mission to mars will never land anywhere :D:D

Forget Mars, we’re on course for planet Jean-us!

the standard tender denim (17/16 oz?) feels very much like a heavier version of the standard sda 15 oz. they even share the same blue selvedge id! 

11 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think the interest in Tender will be limited to a handful of people. 

* I'd be interested in Tender Co. for a competition. 

Who else? 

@rodeo bill

BlueOwl Workshop is bringing in Fullcount the 1101 and 1110. 
might grab a pair of the straight cut 

I'd be in for Tender. As for others, it depends on the cut...

On 12/3/2019 at 4:47 AM, oomslokop said:

apart from having already had a warehouse contest, the brand is almost too fail-proof? everyone is pretty much guaranteed cool fades by the end of the contest. i like contests where the denim is a bit more stubborn and would not show any progress for months then suddenly, bam!, like the ooe lefty contest, the devis, the tcb 50s. i'm still gunning for tender tho, it's quite a bit different from your average jeans in cuts and details, i wanna see how people dress it up/down. 

we haven’t really seen the new warehouse denim fade yet so i think it would be a nice choice for a contest, but i’m also just kicking myself for not getting a pair of the 46 1003xx.

tender isn’t my thing, but i can see it making an interesting comp.

For those not into Tender, I'll just leave this here.

20180714_085527.jpg

Obviously, I'd be into a Tender contest. 

Edited by Hendsch

8 hours ago, Hendsch said:

20180714_085527.jpg

That looks awesome! The back pockets and their placement over the yoke has always been weird to me though. Do you happen to have a pic of the backside? (Do love their shirts and fabrics/dyeing techniques though!)