New Contest Suggestions

Maynard Friedman

I’d have to check if I have ready access to it, but overdyed indigo chambray is like so:

135AAF99-8310-4349-9459-4AFD7BB8D607.jpeg

Here’s the 5 oz selvedge blue indigo chambray I used for the Heracles shirt:

1*tEWkEne3CFn9RQ2yvT0-ow.jpeg

Here is the wabash I used for my scarves:

Screen_Shot_2017-12-02_at_11.55.47_AM_10

I think a zipper-front pullover would look good in hickory stripe and it’s also a period-correct fabric choice:

Screen_Shot_2017-09-10_at_7.10.38_PM_102

f_1200x1200.jpg?v=1548816746

Edited by Iron Horse

Should we have a separate thread for the new tops contest suggestions? 
it’s getting a bit clogged up to sift through to just read about the denim suggestions. 
I’m down for a jeans contest but not really interested in a shirt/jacket contest.

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. It's been one hectic week.

The Gbg Mfg boys had forgotten to get in touch with Warehouse, so I don't have any news (good or bad).

Haven't really explored the Denimbridge WWII option yet. I can shoot Shingo a message.

23 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

Should we have a separate thread for the new tops contest suggestions? 
it’s getting a bit clogged up to sift through to just read about the denim suggestions. 
I’m down for a jeans contest but not really interested in a shirt/jacket contest.

indeed: in reality I think it is at least a year wait for anything to really get going...

maynard's 'bring yer own' is best solution for immediate fade showdown IMO

3 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. It's been one hectic week.

The Gbg Mfg boys had forgotten to get in touch with Warehouse, so I don't have any news (good or bad).

Haven't really explored the Denimbridge WWII option yet. I can shoot Shingo a message.

patiently waiting; no news is never bad news...

@Iron Horse thanks for the fabrics etc.

I have no desire to make a poll, but I think it stands at something like :::::

For immediate action for those interested (i.e. in 1/3/6 months time for a year?):

1. bring yer own free for all

2. osaka 5 bring yer own

3. all of one brand's fabric but different cuts...

For a year or so's time:

see what bubbles up from either wh, d-ba, boncoura or tender and as added extra yes please Iron Horse shirt...

does that cover it?

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Hey everyone, sorry for the radio silence. It was a very busy and hectic weekend but it was awesome! Lots of photos to upload soon, just got back to Austin this afternoon. I met with Roy, chatted in his workshop for about 3 hours and I’m talking with him more about it. Nothing is solidified or set, so don’t get too excited about anything yet.  But stay tuned.

Would be fun if we can work together with Naoki-san of Pants Shop Avenue to make special edition of SDA or Resolute jeans.

Another idea...next year is Warehouse's 25th anniversary, might be wise to hang on tight and see what will be announced.

Looks like SE will soon be stocking Warehouse work longer-than-standard inseams. Gonna likely go for a pair, contest or not, but that could fit the bill pretty well

edit: Never mind, only gonna be stocking the slim cuts (at least for the first season)

Edited by julian-wolf

this thread is a mission to Mars. Funny that seems impossible to get even a minimal support from Warehouse. @Bobbo any news from your pals? We can perhaps give it another shot through a different shop (either in JP or overseas) before abandoning the idea?   

apart from having already had a warehouse contest, the brand is almost too fail-proof? everyone is pretty much guaranteed cool fades by the end of the contest. i like contests where the denim is a bit more stubborn and would not show any progress for months then suddenly, bam!, like the ooe lefty contest, the devis, the tcb 50s. i'm still gunning for tender tho, it's quite a bit different from your average jeans in cuts and details, i wanna see how people dress it up/down. 

yeah I get your sentiments. I haven't faded a pair of warehouse as of yet, so I need to witness the miracle from up close. Tender looks great, but personally I have no interest in non repro jeans. I am a stubborn conservative chap, I know...