New Contest Suggestions

Maynard Friedman

count me in for a possible contest

leaning very much to a Ooe contest pair

Warehouse (14.5oz) and Freewheelers would be great too but I doubt we could arrange anything special

I'm in for a wider pair but preferably with a slight taper

A matching chambray shirt would be very cool

9 hours ago, JDelage said:

I'd like to hear from @rodeo bill whether he would have the bandwidth to do something with us, at least in terms of custom details (I for one do not care that much about a prize). The advantage of Tender is the ease of communication and the fact that there are existing slimmer & looser cuts... It doesn't preclude anything, but if Bill tells us he does not have the bandwidth, we shouldn't spend more time debating it. I'd love it if he could, personally...

Thanks so much for all this guys, very flattered to be considered! I'd love to be involved in theory, but I'm afraid I have a backlog on jeans production at the moment, and I couldn't offer a special run until existing retailer orders are made up. I'll have a general restock of standard styles around the end of the year/January, but it'll be late Spring/Summer before I can realistically do anything special. Do anyone get in touch if this circles back, but in the meantime I'm afraid I can't promise a specific date for stock. 

For what it's worth, seems like this coming Spring / Summer, while a bit away, is still probably sooner than any of the Japanese brands we've been discussing would be able to have anything up and running for us. @rodeo bill—current time constraints aside, is a special run for a "contest" something to which you might be amenable in the future?

49 minutes ago, crescent said:

If we have some time, then WH Ranch?

I read this as a sly sarcasm and laughed out loud.

I'd be in for Warehouse (a 40's cut in the new denim would be ace!), Ooe, Freewheelers, or Resolute. With a shirt would be double ace.

Edited by Josh'N'Roll

I quite like the idea of everyone who’s interested in some kind of contest just grabbing an unworn pair of jeans from their stash/pile/wardrobe/denim chest/etc and agreeing to wear them for a year. 
Most of us have a pair ready to go and this would encourage wearing what we already have rather than indulging in further unnecessary consumerism and the accompanying carbon footprint. The ‘green jean’ contest if you like. There could be no prize or each contestant could chip in a sum, eg £10/$10/€10. All contestants get a secret vote and winner takes the pot. C’mon everyone, Greta T would be proud!

I personally like the idea of everyone having the same pair of jeans- cool to see how everyone’s lifestyles and fits effect the same pair of jeans. If we all get different jeans, then  people should just join the DWC.