Sign in to follow this  
Double 0 Soul

SugarCane 1990's M-Series Archive

Zenmarket is your best bet, it’s fully automated and you can create your own invoice for display purposes.

All four of the main '98-era jeans used the same denim, yeah?

@Double 0 Soul?

Ive never Pepsi Challenged them side by side but i don't think they do.

They're all 14oz greenline denim but when you look at the M41119 after heavy wear and heavily washed the denim is uneven, very streaky with a lot of vertical fading, it looks akin to the M41300 but they're both quite different to the flatter more Levi's esque paper patch M41400.

It's more obvious when you compare heavily washed examples..

M41119 to M41400

Can you paste a proper link please? Not buying, I just want to see them. Promise

Anyone know anything about the M40057 "Lea Genus"

Never seen this sort of explicitly non-Cane's branding on main line Cane's before…

They look a lot like standard late '30s / early '40s Cowboy jeans in most regards (could be off by a bit, I don't know Lee jeans well), never seen these buttons on any other Cane's either though

EqrMCKJ.jpg

ZmHKUWm.jpg

Ey3n0zf.jpg

fzpQpqd.jpg

gLJ3WzY.jpg

45DCvDW.jpg

KMwNilR.jpg

Nice find!

Ive seen them before but never knew they were M-Series, have you got a photo of the M40057 tag?

SC have used black painted laurel buttons a few times before (slack denim and such) albeit, not exactly the same.

I wonder if they're a take on the M41057, made for a shop (maybe called Lea and dropped the SC branding) that's what we usually see with pickable arcs, but i suppose.. back in the 90's lawsuits were much less of a worry.

SC also made M-Series for (i think) Rage Blue but they were pretty terrible compared to those Lea's.

Posted (edited)

No photos of the pocket tag, this is just what’s up on the Yahoo page

Could well be a shop collab—very similar to the M41057 besides the hardware and branding, you’re right, although the style of arcs & the buttons would almost make me guess MP if not for the model number given by the seller

Edited by julian-wolf

Posted (edited)

Some nice closeups of the shallow UFO's from this post

image.png.06c87fc7d3fb06fc6f320ed94ea8fb5d.png

..and selvedge

image.png.83859fb69f968e4b54c714f3c8b7eb5c.png

...but no tag infos

Edited by Double 0 Soul

M41058 Wranglers

Lots of wear, lots of washes, lots of replaced stitching—weakest thread I've ever seen on a pair of jeans—but the fabric's still holding strong everywhere

puwRewS.jpg

ZTFLuc0.jpg

CM1j5aE.jpg

50XwDPL.jpg

zXaeBVF.jpg

LWi1Bbo.jpg

WqqB0Gu.jpg

poNl46F.jpg

tJsULdl.jpg

RCadWe7.jpg

Last shot is a comparison with the TFH S2004, prob. the truest color of the bunch—really wild how dark / grey this denim stays in areas that don't see direct wear, especially in contrast to how electric the blues are in areas that do

Lovely leg twisting