SugarCane 1990's M-Series Archive

Double 0 Soul

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive never Pepsi Challenged them side by side but i don't think they do.

They're all 14oz greenline denim but when you look at the M41119 after heavy wear and heavily washed the denim is uneven, very streaky with a lot of vertical fading, it looks akin to the M41300 but they're both quite different to the flatter more Levi's esque paper patch M41400.

It's more obvious when you compare heavily washed examples..

M41119 to M41400

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know anything about the M40057 "Lea Genus"

Never seen this sort of explicitly non-Cane's branding on main line Cane's before…

They look a lot like standard late '30s / early '40s Cowboy jeans in most regards (could be off by a bit, I don't know Lee jeans well), never seen these buttons on any other Cane's either though

EqrMCKJ.jpg

ZmHKUWm.jpg

Ey3n0zf.jpg

fzpQpqd.jpg

gLJ3WzY.jpg

45DCvDW.jpg

KMwNilR.jpg

Nice find!

Ive seen them before but never knew they were M-Series, have you got a photo of the M40057 tag?

SC have used black painted laurel buttons a few times before (slack denim and such) albeit, not exactly the same.

I wonder if they're a take on the M41057, made for a shop (maybe called Lea and dropped the SC branding) that's what we usually see with pickable arcs, but i suppose.. back in the 90's lawsuits were much less of a worry.

SC also made M-Series for (i think) Rage Blue but they were pretty terrible compared to those Lea's.

No photos of the pocket tag, this is just what’s up on the Yahoo page

Could well be a shop collab—very similar to the M41057 besides the hardware and branding, you’re right, although the style of arcs & the buttons would almost make me guess MP if not for the model number given by the seller

Edited by julian-wolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

M41200 "second" fresh from the wash // photos taken in indirect natural light

ww5pfGI.jpg

4JYMH25.jpg

49gbJwF.jpg

jKWj3ti.jpg

TXBzRGj.jpg

gqpHYMp.jpg

1Xk7wKr.jpg

h3K46Yj.jpg

uMcHlzu.jpg

Been wearing these a few times a week to the climbing gym, so lots of chalk lots of sweat lots of washes lots of repairs

Really great jeans—thinking I'll probably start in on a pair of M41119 soon that I've had laying around

8 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

M41200 "second" fresh from the wash // photos taken in indirect natural light

ww5pfGI.jpg

4JYMH25.jpg

49gbJwF.jpg

jKWj3ti.jpg

TXBzRGj.jpg

gqpHYMp.jpg

1Xk7wKr.jpg

h3K46Yj.jpg

uMcHlzu.jpg

Been wearing these a few times a week to the climbing gym, so lots of chalk lots of sweat lots of washes lots of repairs

Really great jeans—thinking I'll probably start in on a pair of M41119 soon that I've had laying around

I’ve always wondered about climbing in denim. Most of the people I’ve seen climbing in denim were wearing stretch denim. Personally I always climb in cotton shorts as I think denim may be restrictive? But I’m very new to climbing.