SugarCane 1990's M-Series Archive

Double 0 Soul

24 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Me too, i didn't really want to buy anymore jeans...but as i said to j-w a few days ago "the devil currently has the upper hand on the angel"

•  

Me neither. Up till this point, I was a strict buy to wear kind of guy, about one pair every 2-3 years. I enjoy wearing and aging process. So these pair will be the firsts that I don't have a defined timeline on when I will actually wear. But I just couldn't help it. The opportunity to get my size in deadstock condition was too good. They'll stay dead until I can dedicate time to them. 

So in my looking for a pair of M41030s I came across this lightly worn pair of M41001s in my size. As this big is hard to find, I snagged them up. And by lightly worn, I don't think these things had ever touched water. The fades were brown-tinged when I received them and no puckering or shrinkage looked to have occurred. I gave them a hot wash for sanitary and shrinkage reasons and they came in a BUNCH. Thank goodness because even I was swimming in them. Fit is awesome also, flares out at the hips then it drops STRAIGHT down. For those in the know, what does the letter designation mean at the end of the pant number? I've seen several letters on the same design. e.g. M41001C, M41001H, etc.

R0002457.thumb.JPG.a8b268eed9ea46ea552433e0c4d5cf3e.JPGR0002460.thumb.JPG.e081b26e52ae32b6ceebb744b064fd8b.JPG

Look at that marbling!

R0002458.thumb.JPG.499774514a668cb93cf0a30f34a80ac3.JPG

R0002461.thumb.JPG.6e97d5edc26797cd47ca9c3872711262.JPGR0002462.thumb.JPG.a62d36a133c14fabc2b0425cb5883d24.JPG

R00024682.thumb.jpg.451940587346a6461723fd34b7547ca3.jpg

R0002470.thumb.JPG.bcadbcb09ba4428275e1abd3e90b8f04.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Paging @Double 0 Soul @julian-wolf

I’ve been trying to find info on the elusive two pocket Edo-Ai jeans with the Irezumi patch and pocket bags. 
Would love a pair in my size. Also curious who did the artwork for them 

You just have to keep your eyes peeled for them Edwin, if you 'really' want a pair you have to scan the net every 5days rather than every once in a while, they're out there...there was a pair in your size in DS condition sold on Mercari a couple of months ago for 10k and i know ive sent you a few links to them over the years but i don't know that much about them, i don't particularly like them so i'm not that motivated to research them but i'm sure i could dig some info up from the interwebz given an hour or two and i'm sure you could do the same... call it a mini-project for yourself and let us know your findings in the SC thread.

@Double 0 Soul yeah, the cinch has been punched through at one point (the second apparent point in that photo is just some inconveniently-placed lint / fuzz). The same's true on my M41027—both are punched through towards the end of the cinch in such a way as to not serve any real purpose—and that's made me wonder if it was standard for some retailers to set the cinch up before sale / exhibition just to show its intended use…thoughts?

All of the trousers I have with a cinch (quite a few) were all ‘cinched’ up when I received them - some with the prongs punched through.

I don’t think the marks are proof of wear, although that’s not to say they haven’t been worn but I’m sure there would be other tell tale signs if they were

• 2 weeks later...