SugarCane 1990's M-Series Archive

Double 0 Soul

Cheers Tarby.  I got lucky with a size 36 in these which give me plenty of room.  I had a trawl recently on Yahoo auctions - there were a pair of M41300 in 36 on recently but not sure they'll meet your spec. Happy hunting pal.

@Jimmy Tarbuck, what size are they? Ive been after a pair of those in 33 or 34.

Never mind—found the listing & they look great but I think I'm gonna keep holding out for a less worn pair. Great deal, in any case, for whoever snatches them up!

Edited by julian-wolf

7 hours ago, Jimmy Tarbuck said:

Look great mate. I just sold mine, they were always a bit too tight in the waist and never really got worn.

My 41028s are on eBay too. Beautiful jeans but i need a 36 in a higher rise cut.

On the plus side, can spend some time trawling yahoo for more old sugarcane that actually fit me!

Can I get thigh and rise measurements on these? I see the listing. Thanks!

@Double 0 Soul that’s exactly what I had happen on my m41001 (no patch). The top block was just a bit too trim for me (and I have no arse chicken legs).  Mine were a 35, I got them back to a 34 but that was it for any give in the waist.

Lockdown has got me embracing the loose fit of my old (mainly lvc) size 36s around the house and for long dog walks in the sun to get out the house!

In that case Tarb's, you did the right thing, 25yr old cotton thread can become a bit delicate if it hasn't been put under strain for many years...

This was the last time those old laurel button M41001's were seen alive...

49820254473_db51e3c029_b.jpg

...moments later while making my escape/climbing out of a window of this abandoned rolling mill.. disaster struck
49820232988_cd664e87ea_b.jpg

I had to walk all the way back to work with my arse showing :ph34r: i always harvest the red tab, buttons ect so if anyone needs spares you know where i am.
Ffs! i'm wearing the same damn sweatshirt^

• 4 weeks later...

@Double 0 Soul, yeah, it does. I don't have anything else that looks similar. Even though I've been washing them pretty regularly, it has a sorta oily look to it, similar to the jeans folks'll post now and then that have been worn hard and never washed for years. The streakiness is just starting to come out, and from what I've seen of other pairs I think it should become pretty strong, so I'm looking forward to that—likewise to more puckering / wrinkling around the seams, which has only started to really show up in the last couple of washes.

Where's your waist sitting these days, Edwin? Having just tried these on, I'm worried they might end up being too small on me—they're right up my alley, and I really want to try and make them work, but if someone else who would appreciate them was better suited to fit into them as-is, I'd be willing to talk.

edit: Never mind, I've gotta stick with these. They seem sanforized, so I'm not too worried about shrinking, and the fit's really great everywhere besides the waist.

Edited by julian-wolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ultra low-effort update on the M41058 to keep the thread going…

LiT5OpL.jpg

The lap creases on these are shaped weird as hell, different from any of my other jeans—not sure what the story is there but I'm kinda into it