Denime

After a lot of contemplating and switching back and forth several times between Evisu, Fullcount and Denime, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a pair of Denime 66XX.

BhdPn3Xl.jpg

They arrived yesterday and I am very happy with them. They are stiff as can be, it was very easy to let them stand on their own. It took me almost half an hour to button these bad boys up.

9nBjYDKl.jpg

At first they were a little full in the leg, but I fully trusted that an hour in the washing machine (40°C) would shrink them up nicely. And lo and behold, it worked out perfectly.

S5KBHt9l.jpg

(Excuse the terrible lighting, but summer is over...)

They are incredibly dark and have a lot of character. The denim is of course not as slubby as something like PBJ, but it still has a lot of variation which I'll try to show in future pics when the sun is shining.

I got them hemmed by Denimio, who did an excellent job. Their cutoff wasn't perfectly straight, but it is not noticeable at all so no worries there.

The cut is absolutely great. I went more or less TTS. Sizing down one to a 29 would have killed me. I probably could have gone with a size 31 (same size as my PBJ XX-012, which fit somewhat similar to the size 30, but are still a tad slimmer overall) if I wanted a looser fit, but I'm skinny as hell so a looser cut usually looks a bit weird on me.

Overall I'm very happy with these and look forward to wearing them for some time to come.

Edited by Frost

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

speaking of Tokyos....

found these on a recent trip to tokyo. worn but in pretty great condition. They shall be my lazy sunday jeans.

23169393526_e31b3c3ddc_k.jpg

closeup of the paper patch

23195488965_31a1e3d846_k.jpg

22827527829_bfca8336d2_k.jpg

on the inside

22899690970_9037ae420a_k.jpg

the only damage was an almost ripped 2nd button hole

22568417373_28d36ac5db_k.jpg

a visit to the local denim tailor for some repair is in order but otherwise they are the perfect pair of comfy jeans. just love the 66 fit :)

Edited by ninja07

Update on my 66XX after a bit more than a month. I haven't been wearing them consistently, having occassionally rotated them with my PBJ. If I had to guess, I'd say three? weeks of actual wear. There's not much to see, but I still thought you guys might be interested in some pictures:

Llq8ifgl.jpg

VoYaUXll.jpg

hvaKKq8l.jpg

CpdI59Pl.jpg

LnjB4tfl.jpg

janNdM5l.jpg

rPCc09Kl.jpg

I don't have a good camera, but you can still see the hairiness and the lovely, different shades of blue, in the close-ups...

@S.Mountain

Both textures are finer than XX type and the cut is very similar to 66 type. The hue of Kyoto edition is much "bluer" than Tokyo edition - some people dislike the colour (and the fade) of Kyoto but apparently it is much closer to vintage Levi's, according to Mr. Hayashi.

Edited by Naoto

Yeah the Kyoto has a royal blue which is truer to the '60s Levi's. From pictures it's similar to the Resolute 710 denim.

I only own the Tokyo edition and the denim also feels lighter compared to XX denim.

@Naoto: did you try some Resolute and would you consider wearing them?