Denime

yes, birthday present for me :)

and it's still some time till the contest and I finally want a pair of Denime's XX denim that fits me ;)

and on top of that, one person has to see if there really is a change between Shins-era and now

Nice present. You've bought a 32"??? Uh, since I'm no longer at MN: happy birthday, my friend!

and on top of that, one person has to see if there really is a change between Shins-era and now

good point, this really is reason enough to get them hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go. I'll start with a bunch of pictures and then I will say something about them.

Came in this plastic bag

P1030679-1.jpg

The leather patch

P1030682-1.jpg

Here you can see the first changes. The Lot# has been changed to 'XX' instead of the numbers before. The patch looks a lot more like leather than the older patch on my 66XX (at least from what I remember)

New tag on the jeans

P1030683-1.jpg

Another change. The red tab is gone. Interesting stitching over the hidden rivet.

P1030684-1.jpg

Hardware looks the same to me when comparing to the old one.

P1030685-1.jpg

P1030686-1.jpg

P1030687-1.jpg

P1030688-1.jpg

Selvage line

P1030694-1.jpg

Denim comparison to the denim on my 66XX.

P1030695-1.jpg

The weave on the 66XX (on the right) looks tighter, RHT is harder to notice on the first look. It is very easy to see on the new denim. But is hasn't been soaked yet so maybe that will change.

BUT

To me the denim doesn't feel thinner like often said. Very rigid and crunchy (because of the starch I guess). The jeans were able to stand on their own. My old 66XX were also able to do it.

P1030696-1.jpg

I put the new XX-type on a scale and compared its weight (14 or 14,5 oz. Contradicting info over the net) with my new XX-type 1951 (15oz).

XX-type: 1042g

XX-type 1951: 987 g

Measurements are nearly the same, so a bit surprised.

And now, the pre-soak fit!

XXtypepresoak-1.jpg

Measurements (pre soak)

waist: 35,5

front rise: 12,5

back rise: 16,25

thigh: 13,5

knee: 9,875

leg opening: <9

inseam: 38

Thx Ranon, Flash and Obbi!

From what I can tell now, they aren't that bad as some wanted us to believe. Of course this has to be proven over time. Tomorrow I will take new close-ups side by side with my 66XX.

Here's something I got from a great memebr of our community:

So according to what I heard, the reason why so many retailers are shying away from Denime, is that Tsujimoto-san (owner of the RMCs) is trying to market Denime into a lower price point. This is so that he can position Joe McCoy's as his top tier denim brand and have Denime cover the ¥10000 to ¥20000 market for jeans I can imagine that he is doing what companies like Momotaro and Kapital have done, which is create a more fashion oriented branch that has a little repro details, but the fabric and hardware is by no means high end.

So in short, I didn't really get a direct answer to wether or not the XX denim is different. However, I am 100% sure it will be different in the near future. I think that we need to see those jeans you ordered!

I know that Denime is currently producing a new run which will be finished end of September / begining of October. If it will be different, I don't know.

For the ones who still want a Shins or Orrizonti pair, Yahoo auction is the way to go. There I also snatched this deadstock pair from 2007. Saw it on Yahoo accidentally and this way I could save some shipping costs.

The Denime XX 1951:

XXtype1951presoak.jpg