Denime

B_F, are u looking for the new XX or the old stock?

I'm looking for the XX-type, but not old stock.

Just this one:

http://www.denime.jp/catalog/products/detail.php?product_id=29&pg=

I know and Jay is a really great guy! But he only offers the 66 and the "New XX"

I just want the good old Denime XX

so the new XX is a 47 repro and not a 55 as before?

Yeah the "New XX" is a modified '47.

The old (and still existing) XX-type is a 47-50 cut. no '55

Just picked up the New 66s from Jay at Blue Owl. Awesome customer service-- can't say enough good things about him. I'll try to post some fit pics at some point, but suffice it to say: I'm very, very happy with these. Hairy denim, chainstitch runoff at the waistband edges combined with solid construction.

denime01.jpg

denime02.jpg

denime03.jpg

denime04.jpg

denime05.jpg

Edited by grooveholmes

Yeah, I'm excited, but unfortunately, this is my first pair of Denime, so I don't have experience handling the older fabric many of youse are fond of. Wish I could help in that regard, but Jay is a big fan of the denim on these, and he's definitely got cred.

I'm a 33.5 waist, and after speaking to Jay over the phone, he suggested I go with the 30. Mind you, he was measuring each piece over the phone while talking to me about sizing. Again, what a stand up guy. Out of the box, I could button these without straining. A bit snug, but not uncomfortable, and nothing I can't work out in the next few weeks/months leading up to the first soak or wash. Depending on how the fabric stretches, I may end up wearing to dry if I'm concerned when the time comes.

denime10.jpg

denime11.jpg

denime12.jpg

Oh, I forgot to add-- I did get these hemmed to a 33, hence the triple cuff.

Edited by grooveholmes

Yeah, I'm excited, but unfortunately, this is my first pair of Denime, so I don't have experience handling the older fabric many of youse are fond of. Wish I could help in that regard, but Jay is a big fan of the denim on these, and he's definitely got cred.

I'm a 33.5 waist, and after speaking to Jay over the phone, he suggested I go with the 30. Mind you, he was measuring each piece over the phone while talking to me about sizing. Again, what a stand up guy. Out of the box, I could button these without straining. A bit snug, but not uncomfortable, and nothing I can't work out in the next few weeks/months leading up to the first soak or wash. Depending on how the fabric stretches, I may end up wearing to dry if I'm concerned when the time comes.

denime10.jpg

denime11.jpg

denime12.jpg

Oh, I forgot to add-- I did get these hemmed to a 33, hence the triple cuff.

Very nice fit, and thank you for the kind words. Hope you enjoy the denim.

You sure you weren't looking at the XX? Here's the sizing chart from the denime website-- measurements after the first wash (88.5cm = 33.66in). I think I should be fine. After wearing two days straight, the waist measures about 34.5. Fabric is still pretty stiff, so I'll continue to wear these in for the next few weeks and decide when they're ready for the first soak/wash.