Denime

35 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

What's the difference?! :D

The denim will be from Kurabo (like the original Denime denim), all the other parts will probably be from Warehouse incl. sewing. So the main differentiator will be the denim.
In terms of pattern...we will see

What difference does it make? Well, for example, if VW starts making BMWs. It could be an VW with a BMW nameplate, or it could be a BMW made at the VW plant...))

Didn't WH ever use denim made at Kurabo in the past? Heard it was used by various brands, starting with Big John.

Well, at first we would need to establish what makes a pair of Denime a pair of Denime?
Is it the cut/pattern or the denim or the construction or the details/branding (e.g. "nameplate"). Or is it just Hayashi-san as the designer?
Obviously all of the above ;)

To my knowledge Denime never operated its own sewing factory so the construction differs naturally about where they had their jeans made (of course Denime made guidelines how it should be done).
The denim was first made by Kurabo but they also used other mills as well (Nihon Menpu if Paul T's info was correct).
The pattern was "made" by Hayashi.
The details/branding are easy to copy (although a different leather for example still makes the whole patch different :D ).

Now we do have the former mill, we have the same details/branding (with some differences).
We don't know the pattern yet but it will surely be different and made by Warehouse's pattern makers.
And we have the construction that clearly shows Warehouse's influence.

Conclusion: it's a hybrid.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 10:38 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Celluloid has Denime on their site for pre-order. Seems like more models will be available!

https://www.celluloid1984.com/?mode=grp&gid=2811890&sort=n

I will still buy from BEARS though 

Somehow nothing here anymore.
Did they sell already sell all the preorder quantities?

• 2 weeks later...

I was really excited when I heard the news Resolute will bring out a new model and when I was told it will be a WW2 model I was even more curious.
Now, after I saw the first pictures and the info it will use the 711 denim I felt underwhelmed. The details looked quite familiar to me and I thought, why not try go get the "original" one? And so I did...

Denime WW2 from the Orizzonti era.
They were available for some time on Mercari but the price was too steep. The seller slowly reduced the price day by day and with a 3,000 Yen coupon they reached an acceptable level (and @Flashmade me order them because of FOMO). The pair was washed quite hot it seems which the leather patch obviously didn't survive. Other than that they look unworn. 
To me, all these sewing quirks done by the brands are rather new stuff and are done more and more over the last 5-6 years. So it's fun to see these 20+ jeans have also some of these quirks.

So here are they:

y0Pl1ny.jpgu0Nl7KK.jpg

Ts7AvUa.jpg

r5TKzei.jpg8JDyDum.jpg

OkZB7aY.jpgwJlg18y.jpg

puPXG7c.jpgSHTBpEY.jpg

GCGWda1.jpgG4YploI.jpg

5cR2lYR.jpg

boa5Dfm.jpgiT0bsmV.jpg

And some fit pics:

UjttjGT.jpg

ToRtHs8.jpg