Denime

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Just in case you guys haven't seen it already and are interested, new DENIME Instagram account is live 

https://www.instagram.com/denime1988/

On 7/28/2022 at 1:39 PM, dawei94 said:

It's interesting that now we have one of the Osaka 5 buying another of the Osaka 5, both of which were formed to make repro vintage Levi's, and now one of them is making repros of the other's (now vintage) repros of vintage Levi's. Kind of like an inception...

Said it before and I'll say it again, the inception of vintage Levi's repros is here. 

B_F, do you happen to have the details on the various store-specific models and other limited production jeans from old-era Denime? I saw there was that blog post on the Kyoto model, and I think I remember you mentioned you had found a pair that was made from a heavy 15oz denim? I feel like post-Shins, the emphasis was entirely on the XX and 66XX models, would be a shame if the info on those other models was lost, and maybe Warehouse will even bring some of them back (one can hope at least). After all, Warehouse doesn't just reproduce the 1947, they do all the other eras too

@dawei94 I dare to say it's impossible to have a complete list of that. Denime started in 1988 and had its heydays in the 90s and that era is not so well documented. Of course, you have the standard Levi's models they reproduce but even here they did S-Types, A-Types and such things that on first glance looked like a regular 66 model but wasn't. Then they also did cinchback models of Levi's. Besides those, they also did Lee and Wrangler models.

In terms of Anniversary models it easier and you have the Kyoto and Tokyo model as known special products.
I think you are talking about the 1951 model I have? It's a single run from the Shins-era, black print on the patch and indeed 15oz denim was used.
Under Shins (I think) there was also a XX Type2 model, a variation of the standard XX. I might be able to list some of the core models in a separate post.

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@dawei94 I dare to say it's impossible to have a complete list of that. Denime started in 1988 and had its heydays in the 90s and that era is not so well documented. Of course, you have the standard Levi's models they reproduce but even here they did S-Types, A-Types and such things that on first glance looked like a regular 66 model but wasn't. Then they also did cinchback models of Levi's. Besides those, they also did Lee and Wrangler models.

In terms of Anniversary models it easier and you have the Kyoto and Tokyo model as known special products.
I think you are talking about the 1951 model I have? It's a single run from the Shins-era, black print on the patch and indeed 15oz denim was used.
Under Shins (I think) there was also a XX Type2 model, a variation of the standard XX. I might be able to list some of the core models in a separate post.

Ah yeah I was thinking of the 1951s, and then because there were special Tokyo and Kyoto models, I figured there might be special models for other stores as well, but maybe not. Based on PSA's website, there was definitely a big catalog of more random items that probably aren't notable to the same level as the Tokyo / Kyoto / 1951 models, those I'm a bit less interested in because (right or wrong) to me, they're less significant or notable for the history of the brand

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:10 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If someone needs a ~30" inseam, Denime XX (Orizzonti) W34

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/auction/yahoo/input/b1078859969/lgk-N

Since you own jeans of all the Denime eras, I think.
If you compare them, Shin, Orizzonti, Weego- in which points do they differ, the denim, the cut?
Is it like differences of LVC jeans from 15 years ago and say 3 years ago?
Or even like vintage Levis and LVC?
It would be great to hear about that.

Or is it more psychological?
When it comes to chinos, apparently some replica cannot be distinguished from the original vintage ones.

43 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

Since you own jeans of all the Denime eras, I think.
If you compare them, Shin, Orizzonti, Weego- in which points do they differ, the denim, the cut?

They indeed differ in all the above. The cuts changed (from what I can tell of the 66XX, I own it from all eras. Also the XX from Orizzonti is different to the 30th Anniversary model), the denim differs (which can also be natural differences between batches as well) and also the construction is different. 

Still, there is definitely a psychologial effect to it. I said it before somewhere in this thread, a lot is probably the "back then everything was better"-attitude. But what I really like about the Orizzonti pairs I own are the small mistakes which makes them feel more natural.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I really don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I would love to know it as well :D

I think it was "World Inc." who were the company behind Denime in the early days. In his book (and somewhere on the internet) Hayashi-san asid without World, Kurbao wouldn't have bothered to produce selvedge denim again.

No more info available right now. But the release is around February I think so not too far away.

This is also my take from the above.
At least the original Line claimed to contacted all the old manufacturer to reproduce the orinal Denime. So basically what Warehouse is doing as well (minus that Warehouse will do the construction)

It was first said Wego would buy Denime after Shins, then McCoys were brought up then you only heard about Wego...I think there is a connection bewteen Wego and McCoys.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Perhaps there is a better thread, but I couldn't find any now.

I just found this graph, which is interesting:
Y- price
X- to the left fashion oriented, the further right the more amekaji

Apparently amekaji doesn't strictly mean "more repro/authentic/historically correct", probably more the style.

Jeans-Metrics-Stylish-High-1.png

Edited by indigoeagle

1 hour ago, pomata said:

shins age

no sorry I think he owned Denime in the Wego era. We got our contest jeans (shins Denime) in 2009. By the time the contest ended (2 years later) mr Tsujimoto (Real Mccoys owner) had bought Denime and judged the contest jeans with the guys at Take5.