Denime

Thanks mate!

And I need to correct myself it seems. I researched a bit as all the sewing oddities got me interested.
I looked at a lot of old Denime XX pairs from the Shins-era and the Orizzonti-era and the following detail caught my eye. You all know how on most pairs the chainstitch at the waistband exceeds the waistband and is usually tucked in. With Shins it's exactly the same. But not with Orizzonti it seems. All pairs I saw look like this, the chainstitch stops earlier:

denimXX1015-98422.thumb.jpg.f7a7301750c910db7c2355fd555df1c9.jpg

It's the same with my pair so I am pretty sure I do have a real pair of Orizzonti Denime XX-type. Pretty stoked :D 

Probably scarcity (especially for deadstock stuff) and the prevailing opinion across the Japanese raw denim crowd that Orizzonti was just better :D
Well, the denim does look more coarse than the XX denim in the Shins era and I know that construction/durability of the stitching in the Shins era was not the best. At least we had a lot of ripping threads in the contest back then.

On 8/23/2022 at 10:38 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

So that would bring us to 5-6 people. Not really a lot :D But I still have no feedback from BEARS

So I heard back from Naoki @ BEARS and he does not think an official contest with Warehouse/Denime will happen.
Warehosue don't seem to be very cooperative in such cases. So we would only be left with a group buy and an inofficial contest. Sorry.

That doesn't bother me at all. Not that fussed about exclusive special features and the like. I'm still up for an unofficial contest - that is, I probably wouldn't buy these jeans ordinarily but if several people on here will do so as soon as they become available and wear them consistently, I'll do the same.

I think the 66XX still has a bunch of shrink in them and I don't like to put too much wear on a fit that's going to change so I chucked them in the wash for a hot cycle. Pray for my muffin top. 

While I wait I put on the Orrizonti 66s. The comparison is wild. I really love this fit. It's like a low rise 40s fit. Denim is so much softer as well. Completely different jean in look, fit and feel. 

Both are w36

20220902_163701-01.jpeg

20220902_163734-01.jpeg

@Graytrain your fit pics don't show up :(

I was always on the fence if my Type2 is slightly too big (size 44)  and luckily I found the same model by Shins with the leather patch in a size 42. For 5.000¥ I just couldn't pass them. Also in a better condition :D

Unbuttoned 

20220907_074906.thumb.jpg.4597b2ecc2bb1e8e6a41eeda21add8e0.jpg20220907_074926.thumb.jpg.f7179f84a9da798170420bb061d3f5b2.jpg

Buttoned up

20220907_075159.thumb.jpg.a21277c64eee909f96a5a2676e7eaa6a.jpg20220907_075021.thumb.jpg.d31e953c6ae0769530a1e1dce952fd85.jpg

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I think the 42 is "perfect" for summer with a t-shirt underneath and the 44 is better once I wear sweaters again.

Agreed. I have a smaller fitting TCB Type I for summer wear and a slightly looser Eternal Type II for winter that I can layer underneath.

I find it a bit similar to sweat shirt sizing.
If you like a vintage fit, you go for a shorter boxier fit with shorter sleeves.
If you like a more modern fit, it will be slimmer, and longer in the body and sleeves.

Seems a bit similar here with the 42 being more a vintage and the 44 a relatively more modern fit.

cross-posted from the evolution thread, my current 66OW, with an older pair of 66 in the contrast pics. I got these secondhand but I think they are a newer pair, as there is no red tag. Will have to go look at the explainers in this thread and the care tag.

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2610 2.jpg

On 9/1/2022 at 2:06 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

So I heard back from Naoki @ BEARS and he does not think an official contest with Warehouse/Denime will happen.
Warehosue don't seem to be very cooperative in such cases. So we would only be left with a group buy and an inofficial contest. Sorry.

I contacted Warehouse directly about the release and a contest.

Release is planned for February 2023 and regarding contest they just went silent...

So if we want to do it, we can only do it on out own