Denime

• 2 weeks later...

Early birthday present to myself and slowly completing the collection of old stock Denime. Ok, this will never happen as Denime really produced a lot of models. But I focus on the main pairs.

So here we have a XX type, supposedly from the Shins-eraCorrection: Orizzonti era!
It's tough to verify since the care tag in the right back pocket is gone and the print on the leather patch is faded. The jeans are NWT and were only tried on by the previous owner. So still raw.

gRJ4XDw.jpg

qnLkfR5.jpg

hOkgubN.jpg

0rCxyOx.jpg uqN5cwa.jpg

QbzXtrV.jpg 0jVB33u.jpg

bKzk4dW.jpg I0Nxk7S.jpg

Fun Fact

You don't have to pay ridiculous money to Konaka-san for getting shoddy sewn, authentic repros of Levi's jeans. Shins-era Denime will give you just that for "free".
And honestly, I like it. This really feels "natural".

ryaxluH.jpg K0G3GmC.jpg

eG5Wx6Y.jpg

BUT

Some things look a bit off with these jeans make me wonder if they are genuine. The hardware is fine, looks like normal Denime hardware.
But these are missing the typical triangular stitch at the top left of the back pockets that is normal for the XX-type. Also the leather patch feels different and the print is thicker (not as refined) and  the colour of the print is more brown than red. Then there is the selvedge line which looks like a darker orange and is thinner than on my other pairs and of course we have the sewing and the missing care tag.
But then...we know there are Denime fakes around but if these are fakes, they are perfect ones :D So I think I can wear them in good health.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I've got an oddity that I need some help with. Been hunting for some orrizonti era denime, wanting old XX style 40s-50s cut. Came across this pair on the old auction that had 2 low quality pics and not much info and jumped. 

But here is a leather patched (lot number I can find no info on), 5 button, no hidden rivet, no coin pocket selvedge, no v-stitch, straight sown back belt loop, two tone stitched back pocket with "J49 70" stamped on the pocket bag. 

Despite the 5 buttons, rise is low, just a bit higher than 66s but fit is tight and slim in the top block through thigh like 40s. I'm baffled. 

What is this??? 

20220820_100233-01.jpeg

20220820_100248-01.jpeg

20220820_100257-01.jpeg

20220820_100309-01.jpeg

20220820_100333-01.jpeg

20220820_100340-01.jpeg

20220820_100344-01.jpeg

20220820_100642-01.jpeg

1 minute ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

A pair of 66XX, my size :D

Nice find!

Lol thanks BF! The details of this one totally threw me for a loop. I'm amazed that these have such a different fit than my standard 66s from the same era. Denim is definitely stiffer and darker. 

I always thought the Lot# would be random with Orizzonti and Shins but they are not, they represent the production runs somehow. Naoki once tried to explain it to me how to decipher them but I didn't get it :D

the letters above the Lot# also have some meaning.

So you gonna start wearing them? Awesome :)

Okay that's good to know. I will still be on the lookout for xx's. 

I am a dedicated wearer and since the TCB 40s I've been working to find my next 2 year jean. I've been going through the osaka 5 trying to find a minimally worn (or like new) example of their earliest jeans and have so far had the best luck with old denime. 

Also looking to step away from my typical fits of 40s-50s which I've been doing for the past 8 or so years.

So it looks like 66XX might be my new project! 

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@Graytrain that is really a great fit and doesn't look too slim at all! But of course  it depends on what you are used to.

Thanks BF! Yeah I am thrilled with how they fit. It's funny coming from full fitting repros, when I put these on I immediately said to myself, "these are skin tight". Then you see them in the mirror and they look great. These will be the go-tos for the next couple years!