Denime

Denime started a Youtube channel and have uploaded 2 videos so far.

About the initial wash:

And about hemming:

Interesting part here, he rolls the freshly hemmed leg opening to create a roping effect. This starts roughly in the middle of the clip.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

• 2 weeks later...

Just got these in the mail today after weeks of waiting. Covid-related delays. I was hoping to get into a pair from one of the Osaka 5 and decided to try these black Denime jeans as the price and measurements seemed right. Even the inseam was hemmed to almost the right length and I could use it uncuffed or with a really tiny turnup. The seller indicated they are from the Orizzonti era, but the tag is cut in half and I have no means of telling. They are still nice jeans, obviously washed, no obvious fades except that attractive puckering at the seams, and I'm in love with the leg twist. Stitching is holding up nicely but looks quite uneven compared to my other jeans. The fabric is a real highlight. It just feels so soft, fluffy and hairy, like a hand towel.

I'm curious if anyone can identify these for me and potentially indicate how old they might be. They seem low rise (not complaining, it's great for short people like me) compared to most other jeans I've seen from this brand, the back pockets are high up and near the yoke, and they are also spaced quite wide apart which feels pretty strange. Sorry about the incoming photo dump. But I thought pictures are worth more than words.

1. Fit pics

WYID383.jpg     Ui5yPFP.jpg

2. Front and back full length shots. Thread of different colours and thickness, plus the red back pocket tag and paper patch.

zLP4HtB.jpg     y4WyPUM.jpg

3. Close up of paper patch and 4 button fly. In real life, the buttons are a dark, almost brown-black.

0NNOIAH.jpg     30SgAVd.jpg

4. Close up of the rounded rivets. No photo but the hem of the coin pocket has no selvedge and is chain stitched. Belt loops are slightly raised.

hf8Xviv.jpg

5. Paper patch and back pocket tag (cut in half, attached to the back of the jean leg by a single thread).

TDwXLkA.jpg

6. Orange selvedge line. That fabric just looks and feels real fluffy, both inside and out.

l80kbVR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up this cinchback pair from the Shins era for peanuts on Yahoo auctions. I’ve never seen them before but think they’re genuine! They'll need a chainstitch hem too.

456AA680-ADDC-4F5F-93C8-D565034C7F13.jpeg

F2674CEF-ACB5-40A2-9729-E06A66A9CE6B.jpeg

Cinchback and single back pocket with exposed rivets

DE47F535-BAB0-463A-96D6-F6EC0F994605.jpeg

Linen patch

0FC96693-312D-4B95-8499-5BCDD7E919A9.jpeg

Manufacturer tag in back pocket

014852A8-B173-421A-83AB-EBAA7E9E2AB1.jpeg

Fly buttons (note the top World Jeans International, the others are more period correct style)

D32AA781-4922-4BDF-AB35-86E84E24FF8A.jpeg

Selvedge waistband, single-stitched back yoke and rivet backs stamped Y.H. (Yoshiyuki Hayashi)

CB290199-A0E5-4B2B-800E-4B784B209D86.jpeg

Hammered rivets

1B8F6208-C14B-4891-9576-5823CD465DA1.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

They’re not a period correct repro at all, more of a generic representation of 19th century jeans. Levi’s added the 5th pocket around 1901 so this would date their basis as prior to that, however they lack suspender buttons and have belt loops, which didn’t appear until about 1920. I believe the early 201s lacked a 5th pocket, unlike the 1920 201 model we’re familiar with, which also have black donut buttons. So, in summary, not accurate at all but a nice addition and good fit other than the 31” waist (aligned, pulled tight) that I’ve stretched slightly after a little wear at my desk. I’m now a member of the Osaka 4 club, only missing Evisu so I don’t think I’ll be completing a clean sweep!

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone end up buying any 30th anniversary Denimes?  
I’m just wondering what the difference is from the current offerings in the Denime shop online.

I also tried visiting the 30th anniversary website and it’s asking for a password now?

https://denime30th.com

Edited by j0emama
Typo

Found this Lee homage online. Looks like it’s unwashed/unsoaked to me and was wondering if anyone know how much it’ll shrink. It’s an Orrizonti era piece of that helps.

Edited by Spiraltoy
Pics doh.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:50 AM, j0emama said:

Did anyone end up buying any 30th anniversary Denimes?  
I’m just wondering what the difference is from the current offerings in the Denime shop online.

I also tried visiting the 30th anniversary website and it’s asking for a password now?

https://denime30th.com

I'll tell you in a few days.

But from what I've seen/think they only offer the Original Line these days?! And those are the same as the 30th. Kinda like a restart of the brand.

You can now find everything on www.denime.shop

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Ok, who just bought the Denime XX on eBay for a great deal?  
Was thinking those over for a couple weeks and then when I decide to buy I see it’s sold!

Post fit pics when they arrive so I can live vicariously through you.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, cottonskinblues said:

Is this jacket for sale? Size?

Yes! Untagged but the previous owner claimed size 42, which seems accurate. Measurements:

Chest: 55cm
Waist: 47cm
Shoulders: 48cm
Arm length: 52cm
Back length: 59cm

19 hours ago, claes said:

Yes! Untagged but the previous owner claimed size 42, which seems accurate. Measurements:

Chest: 55cm
Waist: 47cm
Shoulders: 48cm
Arm length: 52cm
Back length: 59cm

Is the arm length measured from the pit or shoulder? If it is pit, can you do a shoulder to sleeve measurement?