Denime

5 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Hopefully he will exchange/refund you. But with Japanese online shops I'm not sure this will happen easily...especially since the Denime which produced these pants are no longer existent. 

had similar happen (not at butt, but that quickly) with Leftfields several years ago, contacted them regarding issue (without demands to replace or anything) and reply was that I can go fuck myself as it's not their problem. Any better response I consider better service B)

Edited by dau

Update on the arse-free pair: 
Naoki sent me another pair of White 66 Denimes. I doubt it's the same model, or at least the same size in the model, since the tag attached to this pair hat last pair written on it. 
Maybe it's the new pique model or something along those lines, he didn't answer when I asked him, but not bad.
They're stuck in customs right now, let's hope I don't have to pay any and that they fit and don't rip ;) 
Cheers guys.

Big thanks to Naoki! Great customer service, jeans fit great. 
Will probably wash them before I wear them, to strengthen the fabric again. Any other tips along those lines are welcome ;)
Might also start repairing the ripped ones, if I can find white denim somewhere, so they don't go to waste completely, could still be used for yardwork and the likes.
Cheers

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-22 at 13.55.29.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Fixed up the ripped 66s, not sure if I'll keep the other ones, maybe if I'll lose a few pounds. If someone's interested, hmu, they're on grailed as well, will give sufu-friendly discount ;) Not sure about liking these aswell, but they're comfy at least.

Coincidentally also wearing white socks and T.

IMG_20200527_104859.jpg

IMG_20200527_104841.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, been lurking on this sub for a while and had a couple of questions. 

I see many people wanting for Shin's/Orizzonti Denime but was wondering what you guys thought about the newer 66xx models? Specifically this Model. Is the quality/fit that much different? Unfortunately there aren't many old Denime's left with a 34-35" waist out there.

Thanks!

Edited by Lazerr

I don't think there are (m)any people around here who picked up a pair of the Denime 3th anniversary (or original) line.

People are interested in Shins/Orizzonri denim because it's original and they know what they get. It's also the same why people prefer vintage to repro. Or LVC Valencia Street vs LVC USA. Or LVC USA vs. LVC Bulgaria. Old is better ;) If it is really better is often a subjective situation. But like I said: with the old stuff you know what you get. Changes are always a risk of stuff getting worse.

When McCoys took over in 2009/2010 they changed a lot. They changed the denim, they changed the cuts. This was a very drastic move and put a lot of people off Denime. And I don't feel Denime's reputation ever recovered completely. The McCoys Denime jeans weren't worse in terms of quality, they were just different from the old stuff.
Then after McCoys, WEGO managed them (and I think they still do). The red tab came back but they somehow watered down the collection and put out a lot of stuff.

Denime Original Line is a try to go back to 0. Going back to what made Denime great. From pictures on IG the Original Line looks good. I don't know how close they are to the original Denime though.

Recently, the Original Line also adds stuff over stuff so I don't know how sustainable this "back to the roots"-vibe will be.

Ahh totally understand. Thanks for the info, it's very good to know! I think i'll continue searching for some of the older Denime's then. Currently there are some size 36 Orizzonti Denime's up on grailed but in a size 36, which might be a bit too big. Although I could commit to the quarantine weight gain, hah. 

• 2 weeks later...

b_F asked me for some fit pics of the Denime I got a little while back.
Wearing them today since my OA01's are drying, overall a little slimmer than I prefer these days but not too bad.
Had to crop my feet out since I'm not wearing shoes. :D
wFX1zpK.jpg

This looks really clean. From memory the last webshop linked to a 3rd party store and there were so many products it kind of detracted from the allure of Denime’s simplicity. I may have totally misremembered that, but either way this is tidy. It’s worked on me - makes me want to dive in for another pair of 66 that I really don’t need!

A small family portrait of the Denime jeans I decided to keep

20200629_175803.thumb.jpg.45471092a90dc21c8f9d6cfdcc648f83.jpg

And today, the 10th anniversary jeans. Decided to wash them to shrink them down some more. Now comfortably wearing them without a belt and less inseam (trying to look like @Flash with the glasses)

20200708_074520.thumb.jpg.179638623302f20f11a448ad2f7a318c.jpg20200708_074549.thumb.jpg.4cff2c420ac9d0fd9ccd325846aa19e9.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

What are those 5 pairs you kept b_F? Obviously 10th anniversary, I think I see a Tokyo and a 20th anniversary pair too and I think that black label pair may be the 51 model? Are they all Shins or Orizzonti too?

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Top left: 10th anniversary XX 1952
Top right: 20th anniversary
Middle left: Tokyo edition
Middle right: XX-Type 1951
Bottom: 66XX

All pairs are Shins, except the 10th anniversary. This is a transition pair when Denime went from World Co to Orizzonti

There is still my old contest 66XX which live with a good friend of mine and are kinda threadbare at this point. I plan to add a pair of 66XX from the 30th Original Line later this year.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK