Denime

On 11/1/2019 at 3:31 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

plus the indignity of making fatties like me pay more to have w.36 or above!

[front rise looks too small for me - what are your concerns with the numbers?]

That's normal for Denime. Resolute does it the samy way and you can find that on more brands, like TFH, PBJ and probably even more.

@bod Yeah, usually I would consider size 36 for the 66XX but the qouted measurement of a waist at 100 cm = 39" is...yeah...strange.
Huge thighs, too and no given leg opening.

Besides that, they now offer quite a lot of stuf under the "Original Line" which just looks the old post-Hayashi Deniem stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently received some Orizzonti era Denime. I'm not really sure what they are besides some odd rendition of the XX cut. They use 3 different types of buttons and don't have any back pocket rivets. Does anyone have any ideas?

71CF0CE2-FBA0-4C10-ADC5-382A16E690EF.jpeg

27DFEE5F-DE5C-4D0B-94BD-03CFD12EE66D.jpeg

B0566777-3DA2-44C0-95AC-560FC3026422.jpeg

693E1601-9DA5-4550-9033-7376DD3C8E1C.jpeg

EB8D2327-9348-474B-909A-410604695857.jpeg

0F548C37-5ACE-4A62-A312-7C6156E5D332.jpeg

21EEF50C-B5EE-4C6D-8461-FA4D6E1FB1F3.jpeg

236A4BDD-E1FD-4C0C-8B8A-667E6C2BA7C2.jpeg

58A539A0-DE83-435B-890F-99EBC9195D06.jpeg

A80E7CE5-7D00-4AEA-B9B7-D0F8592DB145.jpeg

DBB6D105-8BD9-467C-8710-DB303B97C7BF.jpeg

DBE4292A-7D8D-4FDC-B629-B257C6F07667.jpeg

Sorry, I just assumed it wrong then.
The denim is the same as for the other XX model. Denime posted some 10 months progress pictures on Instagram some weeks ago.
The measurements look strange on paper and I would rather wait and order from Pants Shop Avenue and request actual measurements from them.
For the XX model the measurements from Naoki @PSA differed a lot to the ones from the Denime HP

Emailed denime and they wrote :

66 type denim yarn is imported from usa and etc. And then,The spinning of the yarn is a Japan KAIHARA factory.
Denim fabric weaving is done in an old factory in Japan Okayama place. Weaving factory follow old recipes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just acquired a pair of Denime XX. I believe they're a new production jean (model no. 5011-0075). I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much the newer XX pant would differ from the older, pre 2000's XX pant, in terms of fabric and construction, mainly. The fit is great, reminds me of my TCB 50's which I find to be the perfect 50's cut. 

If you can share a picture of the little tag inside the right back pocket, it's easier to see from which periof the jeans are.

If it's a McCoy's/WEGO era jeans, the denim fades slower and different (less dramatic) to older Denime and also the stiching might be poly or polycotton as it hasn't failed on me oposed to older Denime jeans.

13 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If you can share a picture of the little tag inside the right back pocket, it's easier to see from which periof the jeans are.

If it's a McCoy's/WEGO era jeans, the denim fades slower and different (less dramatic) to older Denime and also the stiching might be poly or polycotton as it hasn't failed on me oposed to older Denime jeans.

Here you go!

6E73CC1D-7B6B-444E-B7BA-5A6801E6C5F6.jpeg

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Okay, those are the newer ones after Hayashi-san left. 

Good jeans for sure, just a little different vibe personally for me. Yours got also a red tab or is it without one?

It doesn't have the red tab... off center belt loop is the only feature really.... the patch says "XX"

On 12/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, cottonskinblues said:

Just acquired a pair of Denime XX. I believe they're a new production jean (model no. 5011-0075). I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much the newer XX pant would differ from the older, pre 2000's XX pant, in terms of fabric and construction, mainly. The fit is great, reminds me of my TCB 50's which I find to be the perfect 50's cut. 

is the rise on the XX smaller than the TCB 50s? some XX cuts seem to be somewhat shorter and others don’t so i’m curious how this one compares.

1 hour ago, wavehead said:

is the rise on the XX smaller than the TCB 50s? some XX cuts seem to be somewhat shorter and others don’t so i’m curious how this one compares.

Once I get home, I will made a measurement and let you know. I think the 50s TCB might be a touch higher. Top block is a little more snug as well. 

@bod I'm really not sure. Right now and during the last couple of months I am trying to reduce my collection and focus on what I have and buy only new stuff when I have sold stuff I won't wear.
Denime still has a special place in my heart though. I might wait and see what others have to say ;)

• 4 weeks later...

@Double 0 Soul 's post in the Unknown Japanese Brands thread made me look again on Yahoo Auction more closely to find some Denime Kyotos.
And man, there are more available than I thought but unfortunately way too small (https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w71103351) or too big (https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w184029693)...

• 1 month later...